*LU vs. West Virginia Game Thread..WVU WINS!!!!!!!*

Timid, soft, got pushed around, star struck...except for Kalis and Jenna.(the two experienced players)
Very disappointed in Darika. She didn't show up.
I can't count the number of bad passes.
I was not impressed with West Virginia. I think LU could beat them, unless they were having a bad
game too.
Great season...Looking forward to seeing Kalis and Jenna next season.
The remaining team needs to step it up. Smith and Green is not bringing it like I believe they can.
Jenna and Kalis can't do it all by themselves.

We played the number 10 team in the nation tough tonight, and gave them all they could handle.

Great season Lady Cards, can't wait for next november!

The Lady Cards did have a great season.  They made it to the BIG DANCE!  We were disappointed in a few of our players, but we were playing the No. 10 team in the nation. Had it not been for the big lead we gave them it would have  been really interesting.  I think that Ang Green should have more playing time... why she did not play more is a wonder.

Take away our star struck first 5 minutes that we looked nervous as all get out (score was 19 - 3 then) and we beat them the rest of the game. I know we looked pretty sloppy at times and had some bad turnovers but we played toe to toe with them. If we hit a couple more threes like we usually do its an entirely different game. Jenna, Kalis, and AC were a combined 4 for 17 from 3 point land. We know they are much better than that. Darika did have a bad night going only 3 for 12 from the field. We also know that isn't the way she normally shoots. I think we played very hard and left it all out on the floor. Great season ladies and we should be contending again next season!

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="780117" timestamp="1269250350"]
The Lady Cards did have a great season.  They made it to the BIG DANCE!  We were disappointed in a few of our players, but we were playing the No. 10 team in the nation. Had it not been for the big lead we gave them it would have  been really interesting.  [b]I think that Ang Green should have more playing time... why she did not play more is a wonder.[/b][/quote]

I wondered that myself. She played much more earlier in the season but not as much lately.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="780236" timestamp="1269275705"]
Take away our star struck first 5 minutes that we looked nervous as all get out (score was 19 - 3 then) and we beat them the rest of the game. I know we looked pretty sloppy at times and had some bad turnovers but we played toe to toe with them. If we hit a couple more threes like we usually do its an entirely different game. Jenna, Kalis, and AC were a combined 4 for 17 from 3 point land. We know they are much better than that. Darika did have a bad night going only 3 for 12 from the field. We also know that isn't the way she normally shoots. I think we played very hard and left it all out on the floor. Great season ladies and we should be contending again next season!
[/quote]  First ten minutes looked like a case of first-time nerves.  WVU is good defensively but the Cards were getting the shots they normally hit and couldn't make any of them.  Biggest problem West Virginia posed was rebounding.  We got four offensive boards and night when we weren't shooting very well.

When you play in an NCAA playoff game nothing seems familiar.  The rim looks smaller, the floor feels larger, and the lights are brighter.  You walk by a teammate and realize they are being interviewed on ESPN by a celebrity (Brenda Hatchet being interviewed by Cheryl Miller).  The Frank Erwin Center makes The Montagne Center feel like a Jr. High gym.  The fans appear to be a mile away. 

It seems the Lady Cards got caught up in all of that at the beginning of the game.  I was proud to see them fight back and pull within 8 points.  Coach Tidwell has a great team to build on.  I hope the exposure brings in some talented recruits. 

Great season Lady Cardinals!! This old Cardinal is very proud :)

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="780336" timestamp="1269288366"]
Great season, hopefully the recruits next year can help our bench.

We need to play a harder preseason, if we win the championship of the conference by 27, what's that say about the competition?  

[/quote]
They did play a good nonconference schedule.  Key games were A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech.  Not sure who is on the schedule for next year, but Tidwell will have some Big 12 games.

Guest coachacola
I liked the aggressive play of Lamar and how they attacked the basket against a taller and deeper team.  As others have said, a little more depth on this team would have made a difference.  And with San Diego State beating Texas, they would have had a good shot at the sweet 16 if they would have won.

On a related note, Tidwell has done in 3 years what Roc hasn't been able to do in 4.  The SLC is a very weak conference so Tidwell does have that slight advantage over Roc, but both were known as great recruiters.  Tidwell has been able to bring in some real good talent while Roc hasn't.

[quote name="coachacola" post="780372" timestamp="1269293655"]
I liked the aggressive play of Lamar and how they attacked the basket against a taller and deeper team.  As others have said, a little more depth on this team would have made a difference.  And with San Diego State beating Texas, they would have had a good shot at the sweet 16 if they would have won.

On a related note, Tidwell has done in 3 years what Roc hasn't been able to do in 4.  The SLC is a very weak conference so Tidwell does have that slight advantage over Roc, but both were known as great recruiters.  Tidwell has been able to bring in some real good talent while Roc hasn't.
[/quote]Ouch! Feeble fans in here. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami