NCAA Tourney Thread

Guest gladiator2
I have never seen a college team shoot free throws as bad as Texas did all season. This is the same way they have been losing all season. I don't know what J'Covan has done but he is way to god of a player to be sitting on the bench when you don't have many other guards that can score. Mason wasn't playing defense or scoring, hell he missed a few layup's. They need to add some size to their lineup to go with the young guards.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="games24x7" post="778949" timestamp="1268973820"]
I have never seen a college team shoot free throws as bad as Texas did all season. This is the same way they have been losing all season. I don't know what J'Covan has done but he is way to god of a player to be sitting on the bench when you don't have many other guards that can score. Mason wasn't playing defense or scoring, heck he missed a few layup's. They need to add some size to their lineup to go with the young guards.
[/quote]

Tristan Thomas comes in next year, but Barnes has been losing the recruiting battle to Baylor for the last three years.  I know this class was touted but Bradley and Hamilton were overated.  The best players from Texas have been going to Baylor and Barnes is losing BIG.  First A. Jones, Cory Jefferson, Quincy ACie, and now Perry Hill!!!  Tristan is the ONLY commit for next year.. He is 6'9" and ranked number 1 PF in the class but behind behind Center Perry Hill over all!

[quote name="RP3" post="779003" timestamp="1269007367"]
Game management was HORRIFIC for Texas, they had NO offensive flow, and they got outcoached tremendously...Why does he sit J'covan Brown so much, then asks him to bail them out by going one on one to score? What about that out of bounds play in the end of regulation? What was that? This was a very disappointing season for Texas....How do you go from ranked #1, to unranked and out in rd. 1? That means that people got film on you and easily figured you out, and no adjustments were made other than inconsistent lineups...May be time for a change on the 40 acres!
[/quote]

Change?  Barnes has done more for the program than ANYONE... I will say that this was a VERY poorly coached team this season.  Probably his worse job since he has been a Longhorn coach.  There were no easy baskets and freshman need plays to get them easy looks every once in a while. Barnes killed the psyche of his players... Choose a starting line-up and stick with it through the ups and downs, that is how they learn.  You can still be deep and use alot of players, but your starting 5 has to know that it is their show!! Brown should have remained the starter.  I notice in February that Lucas is a Southland guard, he should not see the floor unless it is in garbage time.  Repeatedly this season he has went to Brown in the second half to pull out of deficits.  He does but usually expells so much energy that he can't complete the surge hence the two late missed free throws!! Teams figured Barnes ball screen offense (which is an easy task) and that is why they started to lose.  The talent carried that team and the coaching let it down.

The line up for the season should have been:
Pittman... Ride him on his highs and lows
Johnson... Steady
James... Best Player
Bradely... Best starting defender
Brown... Ride him on his highs and lows

First off the bench should have been
Hamilton
Chapman
Ward
Balbay
Mason

For better or worse!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="779027" timestamp="1269010094"]
tu one and done, who woulda thunk it?

Well, come to think if it, I did. ;D

Bottom line, tu just doesn't play very good team basketball.
[/quote]

Brown made a Freshman mistake of passing the ball to a sub-par free throw shooter. He keeps the ball, gets fouled, makes his free throws, they possibly win. Btw, what happened to Gary Johnson? Didn't look so good this season.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="779089" timestamp="1269016586"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=67480.msg779027#msg779027 date=1269010094]

[/quote]

Brown made a Freshman mistake of passing the ball to a sub-par free throw shooter. He keeps the ball, gets fouled, makes his free throws, they possibly win. Btw, what happened to Gary Johnson? Didn't look so good this season.
[/quote]

actually, johnson was one of their most dependable players this season, at least up until those two freethrows last night.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="779027" timestamp="1269010094"]

[/quote]

I thunk it.

I told you we would probably lose to WF, and if we didn't lose to them, then Kentucky would mop the floor with us. FTs killed this team all year. Bring on baseball!

Baylor is a good team, AND has a local following...but sometimes, I think that CBS Sports has deals to not make high powered teams look bad and hurt recruiting by not showing them get beaten by a smaller school at the Dance.

You want a look at the real reason the BCS will remain?  Look at this game and the 'Nova one too.  When you let everyone in, sometimes the big bully gets his nose busted...way to go Nothern Iowa!  I love underdog stories!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine