Dallas Madison/Estacado..State Championship Game..Estacado Wins!!! 69/63

[quote name="RP3" post="777031" timestamp="1268614449"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=67299.msg776980#msg776980 date=1268602236]
[quote author=RP3 link=topic=67299.msg776971#msg776971 date=1268599230]
No, stevenash made an accusation of some schools recruiting talent...I just wondered who was recruited and how did he know that they were recruited..That's my question.
[/quote]

Give me a break.  Of course there is no "proof" that they were "recruited".   Speaking of questions, I noticed that I never got an answer to the one I originally posted either. 
[/quote]
If you have no proof, than it would be logical to conclude that you really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the matter and should not speak on it as if you DO know or have proof...It only seems logical to me.
[/quote]Conclude all you wish.  You STILL havent answered my original question.  Does that mean it is logical for me to conclude that something is  not quite right?

[quote name="RP3" post="777094" timestamp="1268621372"]
I am not even sure which ones you are talking about, but the bottom line is you, I, nor anyone else that is not affiliated with that program should even "conclude" that foul play has occured with them....Maybe they were JV kids last year...Maybe they DID move to the area...Who knows?? Certainly not anyone on SETXSPORTS.COM.  AND they should stop PRETENDING like they know and stop jumping to "conclusions".
[/quote]Wasn't jumping to conclusions....was just courious.

[quote name="RP3" post="776937" timestamp="1268594027"]
It would be really nice if some of you would just congratulate the kids and coaches and stop looking for excuses as to how and why they did it.  Try again next year Silsbee and HJ...Stop downplaying those OTHER kids' accomplishments.
[/quote]

Nobody is trying to downplay Estacado's win.  They won and are the state champs.  My point was they had extra incentive in two ways one all the talk after the semis and getting even with Madison after th loss in last years finals.  I didn't see the games.  I can't make too many statements on them other than from reading the stats and things that have been said.  As far as the statement DC couldn't stay with Wagner,  he may not have the speed to,  I don't know.  But the statement was a "6'4 player to put on him" .  DC is 6'3 or 6'4, I have seen both so he fits the description and has done well with other speedy guards overall, ala Turner. Estacado earned their win and I am proud of them for it.  I believe they were outrebounded by 15 and still won great accomplishment.  Now if they had faced the Tigers would the outcome have been different.  The answer is they didn't have to they beat who was in front of them.  I do feel the Tigers would have been competitive and had a chance but we didn't get there. I can say that teams with real good guars have given us trouble at times this year so it would have been tough. My  congratulations to all teams there.  They didn't get there,  they earned their way there.  Madison and Estacado really earned it,  reaching the finals two straight years.  They had big targets on their backs and reached the finals.  Congratulations to them all.

[quote name="JMT" post="777136" timestamp="1268626758"]
Had Silsbee played them, Stallworth would've had the length, footwork and necessary athleticism to give Wagner fits.
[/quote]

Can't wait to see him next year no matter how far the team goes.  He will be the leader.  No question about it. He had a senior or two this year there with him.

[quote name="RP3" post="777140" timestamp="1268627353"]
OK you can play the what if game all you like...Bottom line is you must win TWO games in Austin to be state champion. MOST of the Silsbee contingent probably realize that fact...Its just a few others that always try to come up with some great conspiracy theory as to why some teams do what they do in the playoffs.  Hey, Lubbock Estacado played great and got the job done....Dallas Madison made it back to the championship game which is an accomplisment in itself...It is just that...no excuses...Its these message board "experts" with all of these "conclusions" that I have issue with right now...I asked if there was any proof of any wrong doing and the answer was no....Then I asked who they had concerns or had drawn "conclusions" about and why, and still have received no feedback.  If you lose in the regionals, the first round or the state finals, please do not try to "conclude" that others have to cheat to accomplish what they have.
[/quote]

I don't think the two I believe you are referring to here are actually part of your o called "Silsbee contingent".  I believe they ar actually fans of other teams.  I do think they had stated that thy thought the Tigers had a good shot at winning it all though.

[quote name="RP3" post="777147" timestamp="1268628012"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=67299.msg777144#msg777144 date=1268627645]
[quote author=RP3 link=topic=67299.msg777140#msg777140 date=1268627353]
OK you can play the what if game all you like...Bottom line is you must win TWO games in Austin to be state champion. MOST of the Silsbee contingent probably realize that fact...Its just a few others that always try to come up with some great conspiracy theory as to why some teams do what they do in the playoffs.  Hey, Lubbock Estacado played great and got the job done....Dallas Madison made it back to the championship game which is an accomplisment in itself...It is just that...no excuses...Its these message board "experts" with all of these "conclusions" that I have issue with right now...I asked if there was any proof of any wrong doing and the answer was no....Then I asked who they had concerns or had drawn "conclusions" about and why, and still have received no feedback.  If you lose in the regionals, the first round or the state finals, please do not try to "conclude" that others have to cheat to accomplish what they have.
[/quote]

I don't think the two I believe you are referring to here are actually part of your o called "Silsbee contingent".  I believe they ar actually fans of other teams.  I do think they had stated that thy thought the Tigers had a good shot at winning it all though.
[/quote]
I do realize that...From what I have seen on here the Silsbee faithful  pull for their guys and when its all over they will give credit where it is due, and move on. For the most part....There are others on here that continue to attempt to persecute and/or find reasons for others success....i.e. "conclusions" about "recruiting" players and such....Its not a huge deal, I am just clarifying my statement to you. I see who it is and who its not, and I really just want to know why it has to be that way with them.
[/quote]

Fair enough.  It is hard to move on this year especially.  The last time we were in Austin when Kennedale beat us the biggest difference to me seemed to be size.  They were the better team, don't get me wrong,  but  they were shooting over top of us and altering our shots due to their size. Not to mention rebounding.  This year we had a team that wasn't going to be put in that position.  Our size matched up with any 3A team out there and we had skills to go with that height.  So our fans had big expectations.  The boys played their hearts out.  They played like champions unfortunately,  Madison played better thursday and now we can only speculate. No one is more proud of them than I am.  I am not a relative, a school official or even a close personal friend of any of them although  friends with some of the familie due to the number of games my wife and I attend.  I doubt there is anyone aside from maybe AAW and some of the families that has seen them play the last two or three years as much as we have.  I feel for them,  I know how bad they wanted it but they have every reason to be proud.  Their record the last few years speaks for itself.  I know of 1 other team that has been as consistent the last 4 years.  The other 3  teams in Austin may have been as well.  Well no Stafford can't be because we beat them in the second or third round the last year they were in region 3.  We fans know the Tigers had the talent to win it all but we also know the team that played the best in Austin was Estacado. As far as any of these other allegations it doesn't matter,  you have to beat the opponent in front of you.

Guest speechless
what r the odds of 2 6'7 kids that can realy play moving into the same school in the same year and both being seniors

when oddly enough the school they move to is coming off a state championship

also the starting pg for lancaster was the starting pg for mansfield last year in the tournament

[quote name="speechless" post="777380" timestamp="1268691793"]
what r the odds of 2 6'7 kids that can realy play moving into the same school in the same year and both being seniors

when oddly enough the school they move to is coming off a state championship

also the starting pg for lancaster was the starting pg for mansfield last year in the tournament
[/quote]Attention RP3 and short-grab that and weight it

[quote name="RP3" post="777398" timestamp="1268694504"]
OK, kids move into and around cities like Dallas all of the time....If the kid moved and was deemed eligible, what makes YOU the authority to make the call that he was recruited...Why? Because it has not happened for YOUR favorite team yet? No reason to cry foul, that stuff will happen in places like Dallas or Houston or San Antonio from time to time.
[/quote]. It's a shame that u would now try to suggest that the scenario latex out by speechless is pure coincidence after your first " theory" looks fallacious.

[quote name="RP3" post="777415" timestamp="1268696949"]
There is no reason to accuse anyone of cheating with no proof. If it means that much to you, then PROVE IT.  Otherwise, don't speak on it because you do not know anything about the situation except what you have "heard", which will not hold up in any court of law.
[/quote]. Once again- give me a break-court of law? Give me another break-  with all of your logic and  common sense: u tell me what the odds r of two 6 ft 7 inch players who can play that " move in" for their senior year?  Wanna bet that their families will still be in that district next year?

[quote name="RP3" post="777426" timestamp="1268699087"]
OK but why do you have to assume that something was done WRONG? stevenash, you must live in a small town where a 6'7 kid would be a freak of nature or something! 6'7"??? In cities, thats everywhere you turn.  EVEN IF the families move again, its their BUSINESS...None of yours...So why do you and people like you constantly make it your business to monitor where these kids and their families reside? Because your team lost?
[/quote]One? Possibly.  Two in the same year?  U must also believe that Ahmajinedad means what he says about using nukes for electricity?  After all, it couldn't be proven otherwise in court.right?  Keep on and u can DELUDE yourself that all was just an amazing coincidence

Well I must be the deleted post man!!! Some kids, parents want to play for a successful coach.. That is true, but it doesn't mean that they were recruited or that the coach had anything to do with that!!!! I guarentee you that most of these low to moderate income families aren't moving so their kids can play basketball...  It is not financially sound.  These families are moving for economic reasons, and it is THIER choice where to live.  Less talented kids in big cities do it all the time, but when a PTP'er does it, it is considered cheating.  Or when a successful program has a transfer, it is considered cheating! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder