Silsbee Tigers vs. Lufkin Hudson

[b][i][color=maroon]Opponents are set......Silsbee Tigers vs. Lufkin Hudson

Lufkin Hudson defeated Crockett 78-70

Just for consideration: Bryan Rudder beat L. Hudson 55-49 on 11/20/09
                                        Hardin-Jefferson beat L. Hudson 72-68 on 12/18/09[/color][/i][/b]                                       

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't compare scores from games in November and mid December  ??? I understand hudson was playing basketball the entire year at that point but this is the regional tournament, these teams didn't make it here just because of luck. i do think silsbee will win but don't count a team out this deep in playoffs

[quote name="pantherpride86" post="769595" timestamp="1267551537"]
You can't compare scores from games in November and mid December  ??? I understand hudson was playing basketball the entire year at that point but this is the regional tournament, these teams didn't make it here just because of luck. i do think silsbee will win but don't count a team out this deep in playoffs
[/quote]

Trust me, Silsbee has learned it's lesson from last year. ;)

Lufkin played HJ very tough last year and Silsbee played like trash against JAsper. This is the same game where Silsbee got suprised last year. I expect the Tigers to come to play a better game and do a better job on the boards and shooting. Hudson is good as well though. Tigers win by 4.

[quote name="bullets13" post="769343" timestamp="1267507316"]
If Silsbee exploits their size, i expect this to be their largest margin of victory so far in the playoffs.
[/quote]Word of caution, Hudson is a dangerous team and if you overlook them you will be putting your baseball uniforms on Monday. When they played HJ, HJ was without their post and Hudson was without their best guard and the game went into overtime. Hudson thrives against the press and has some shooters....Silsbee will win the boards. Should be a great game but I dont see a large margin of victory for either team.

Here is my top 10 alltime Silsbee Tiger Basketball Players. Let me know what you think!

1. Darell MacArthur
2. Thad Holden
3. Chris Miller
4. Lewis "June June" Arline
5. Chris "PeeWee" Martin
6. Damion Bush
7. David Green
8. Al Henry
9. Tirus Elam
10. Lloyd MacArthur

Honorable Mentrion
Andre Henry
Donyell Allen
Sid Wilson

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="769931" timestamp="1267629833"]
Here is my top 10 alltime Silsbee Tiger Basketball Players. Let me know what you think!

1. Darell MacArthur
2. Thad Holden
3. Chris Miller
4. Lewis "June June" Arline
5. Chris "PeeWee" Martin
6. Damion Bush
7. David Green
8. Al Henry
9. Tirus Elam
10. Lloyd MacArthur

Honorable Mentrion
Andre Henry
Donyell Allen
Sid Wilson

[/quote]There are a number of Tigers who should be on this list that probably are not because you do not have knowledge of them.
David Brown
James Simmons
Michael Dabney
Anthony Brown
Jerry Lowe
Dexter Wallace
Ferrell Artis
Delton Harper
Kerrion Cartwright
Any of these guys could be top 10 and or Honorable mention In addition to Green,Holden, D.MacArthur, Arline. It is all perspective. I will say this though, not many teams go to the state tourney with a 5'10" all-state center (Delton Harper-1983) Not on the list??? :)

Guys, though this was a open forum about sport?????Facts are Fact. Silsbee will have their hands full playing a team they don't know much about. The word "Lufkin" frieghtens me. Silsbee has lost 4 times in the city of Lufkin in the playoffs and now a team from Lufkins shows up. I think if the 2 6"4 kids cut down on traveling and crash the boards like crazy, Tigers win by 8. FYI....THE TIGERS YOU LISTED WERE GOOD! I FORGOT ABOUT GUYS LIKE RICHARD WATTS AND MARCUS TAYLOR.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Eagles2010" post="770072" timestamp="1267646006"]
DC may be listed as 6'4 but I have a hard time believing he is
[/quote]

I thought he was listed as 6' 3" - and he is every bit of that.

I would like to see Silsbee win, but they need to be more aggressive. They have played like a 4A school all year long and in the playoffs they have played like a 3rd place 2A team!! I have seen them shoot and rebound better. Hudson will come to play and I hope the Tigers do too! FYI......If I were Williams I would start Gaines over #14 for ball control. Hudson loves to press half and full court!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami