Silsbee Vs Kountze Warm-Up Game

DDAV55

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think alot depends on the officiating in this game. The last time the two played the majority of Silsbee's bigs were saddled with foul trouble. If they can stay out of foul trouble, handle the press, and do their best to contain Brey and Walker I look for Silsbee to win a close one. That being said those three things aren't exactly easy, should be a good one.

Silsbee had just finished their football season about 6 days prior to this game due to them going a couple of rounds deep in the playoffs. Six players, including starters Hill and Lane, had only two days of basketball practice before that game.

Silsbee is a much better team now than what they were back in late November. I know that Kountze is probably better also, but I believe Silsbee has improved much greater than what Kountze has.

It will be a very interesting game, for both teams.

LOOK FOR TWO EXCELLENT CREWS TO OFFICIATE BOTH GAMES AT THE MONTAGNE.......yes I am sticking my neck out to say that the guys that are doing these games are worthy of the state tournament.....but if you want to watch experianced highschool officials they will be at these games... I am sorry I want be here to be a part of this, but these teams will be in good hands!!

[quote name="OLDREF" post="762114" timestamp="1266532057"]
LOOK FOR TWO EXCELLENT CREWS TO OFFICIATE BOTH GAMES AT THE MONTAGNE.......yes I am sticking my neck out to say that the guys that are doing these games are worthy of the state tournament.....but if you want to watch experianced highschool officials they will be at these games... I am sorry I want be here to be a part of this, but these teams will be in good hands!!
[/quote]

That means our local UIL Chapter must be doing these games. ;)

There will be 4 excellent teams playing Saturday evening at the Montagne Center. These 4 teams have proven this year that they can handle any and all comers. I will be an official in one of the games (i won't say which one) but I'm very much looking forward to seeing both games. Kountze and Silsbee are both well coached and have excellent talent. Spurger and Newton also have excellent athletes will fight to the finish for a win. Looking forward to two great games...see you Saturday!!!

Guest speechless
i think its funny how people act as if these 2 refs chapters one is good and one is bad. they all from the same chapter they just split up last year so yall complainin like they different refs or someting when they all the same refs been callin in beaumont for years they just split up

i think this game will benefit both teams the most if Silsbee wins.  Silsbee doesn't want to go to the playoffs on a two game losing streak, and i honestly think Kountze could use a loss to refocus before they enter the playoffs.  hopefully this game will prepare both of them for deep runs into the playoffs.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="762131" timestamp="1266533147"]
if ktz can get there bigs in foul trouble ktz rolls silsbee has the more talent but ktz have to of the best in the area and the 3 games bray has playyed against silsbee has had tons of success
[/quote]

But if Roman and Devin get in foul trouble, It could be the other way around... Should be a great game but Kountze wins by 6

[quote name="bullets13" post="762334" timestamp="1266549303"]
i think this game will benefit both teams the most if Silsbee wins.  Silsbee doesn't want to go to the playoffs on a two game losing streak, and i honestly think Kountze could use a loss to refocus before they enter the playoffs.  hopefully this game will prepare both of them for deep runs into the playoffs.
[/quote]

I agree!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont