East Chambers vs. Woodville

setx12

I know E.C. is losing one starter Shelby Franzen but they have a sophomore Alli Way that's probably equally as good. Also I think there is one or two girls that come off the bench. Carrington is only a Sophomore this is year and playing like an upper class man. The key to this team is there great speed, the relay team was 2nd in state last year and most of the girls are on the team. I think next year E.C. will be stacked with talented players coming up depending on who will be named the new head coach. Also Kendall George's littler sister Konnor is a freshman who just got moved up to varsity this year I look for her to be a great player just as her sister was back in the early 2000's.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it really doesn't matter what your track team does. There must be something in the water at ec because on the boys forum one your guys were comparing two different sports, basketball and football, and here you go comparing track and basketball. I understand you might have a fast relay team, but c'mon now. That has nothing to do with basketball speed, you still have to dribble and have court awareness while you run believe it or not!!! And as far as our girls program for next year, we are losing everybody. Next years team will do a complete 360 from the last 4 years of success the town of Woodville has gotten to experience

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="753637" timestamp="1265120957"]
Well, it really doesn't what your track team does. There must be something in the water at ec because on the boys forum one your guys were comparing two different sports, basketball and football, and here you go comparing track and basketball. I understand you might have a fast relay team, but c'mon now. That has nothing to do with basketball speed, you still have to dribble and have court awareness while you run believe it or not!!! And as far as our girls program for next year, we are losing everybody. Next years team will do a complete 360 from the last 4 years of success the town of Woodville has gotten to experience
[/quote]

Are you saying speed doesn't matter in basketball? 

No, I'm not saying that. Speed can be an important factor in basketball, but there are several athletes who are very fast but can't dribble or shoot a basketball. You can't compare track and basketball. Just because you have a good relay in track doesn't make your girls have speed. They still have to know how to play the game while being quick and there are several girl and boys in our area who can do that, including some on ec. Im sure there are some talented girls on yalls team but being having a good relay team in track doesnt give your basketball team speed.

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="753810" timestamp="1265130399"]
No, I'm not saying that. Speed can be an important factor in basketball, but there are several athletes who are very fast but can't dribble or shoot a basketball. You can't compare track and basketball. Just because you have a good relay in track doesn't make your girls have speed. They still have to know how to play the game while being quick and there are several girl and boys in our area who can do that, including some on ec. Im sure there are some talented girls on yalls team but being having a good relay team in track doesnt give your basketball team speed.
[/quote]

And the girls ON the basketball team are fast because they won 2nd in state.  If they're on the varsity team, I bet they can dribble, shoot, ect.

Not sure what you meant on the first part of that comment, are you talking about our girls being 2nd in state? and yes you're right, if the girls are playing on the varsity level they can probably shoot and dribble well. I was just saying, in general, just because you have a good relay team in track it doesn't make your basketball team have speed. Some of the ec girls probably do have speed and can play the game but in general you cannot compare two sports like that.

I think setx12 was saying they're speed gave them a better chance against Woodville. But as far as the better basketball team, I dont think they're as good as Woodville. But all this talk wont be worth anything until they meet and we'll see who's the better team, with or with out a silly track relay because track is what the ec girls will be headed to do while the Woodville girls are playing basketball

lol good point eagles2010 lets just wait for the game and let the girls prove whos better on the court...but if im not mistaken woodville girls arent bad at track either..winning state titles as well..(just to add that in there) but lets jus wait about 4 more weeks and let the scoreboard speak for itself. ;)

You have got to be kidding me, this is retarded. Of course just because they are good at track does not automatically make them good at basketball and if you can't read into that from my original post than you should go back to school. The East Chambers track girls make up the 1,2 and 3 positions on the floor and they run and strong press and their speed allows them to be very successful defensively and offensively along with their ability to dribble and shoot the basketball. Anything else I need to clear up for people that are just trying to cause an argument?

As far as the school thing goes I have a college degree so that won't be necessary for me to go back, I wasn't comparing the two, learn the difference between a comparison and a statement to help prove the point that East Chambers has speed which helps with their press. We we'll see.

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="754825" timestamp="1265244108"]
You ec people obviously have a lot of time on your hands because there was a response each time and if you look back at the forum, you people started the whole mess about track so maybe you need to get on another forum.  
[/quote]

wow you just said exactly what i said, substituting the word "ec" instead of "eagles".
lol your funny.

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="753637" timestamp="1265120957"] And as far as our girls program for next year, we are losing everybody. Next years team will do a complete 360 from the last 4 years of success the town of Woodville has gotten to experience
[/quote]

No the team is NOT losing everybody. McNeil, Taylor, Humphrey, Mitchell are irreplacable and a lot is owed to these girls for bringing the program to where it is BUT Gilder, Gill are also starters. Then there are Barlow, Williams, Battise & Arline. There are a few jv ppl that could ready to move to varsity now IF there was room. The 2012 class dominated in early years also. And now they support the seniors very well now, patiently awaiting their turn to dominate. There will be no 360 next year and the success will continue. State 5 years in row??! It's possible. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder