OF's QB

braves24

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="badndn" post="732015" timestamp="1261034584"]
He won't play QB in college if he gets any offers.
[/quote]

Might you be a little hasty in your assessment?  Your comment looks to pertain to D1 schools.  Maybe he goes to a smaller college and they have an offense that he fits into very well as a QB?  He IS a good athlete, wouldn't you say?

I wonder how good HD could've been if they would've allowed Huck to play a little more when he was there.  Maybe they would have played there this year if he would've been allowed to play QB.  He was limited to a very small defensive roll last year at HD.  I feel sorry for this kid.  3 high schools in 4 years for a very very very good athlete.  The kid got caught up in mom and dad's shuffle.  He will get a chance to play ball somewhere in college, but I agree, it will be on the defensive side of the ball.

IDK, I thought Georgia Tech and Navy's offense was the double slot, or flexbone.  Not alot of similarities to the ol' slot-T other than they both have the term "slot" in the offense.

GA Tech and Navy's offense also spreads out opposing defenses, where OF's offense keeps everyone 5 yards from the QB.  GA Tech and Navy's offense also is a triple option attack, much different than the "card dealing" the OF QB does with his back to the LOS after the snap.

Either way, the kid had a great year and is a good HS football player, but college ball isn't on his horizon.

[quote name="Critter" post="732243" timestamp="1261081408"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63913.msg732171#msg732171 date=1261073294]
Actually, this guy's ticket to the next level is in baseball. ;)
[/quote]
Will he be overshadowed by Felts and Statum?

[/quote]
No, he's fit in nicely with that group....Boboandblair, I don't know what kind of agenda you have but obviously you have some sour grapes toward the OF kiddos.  All that happened was that a new coach came in and showed that you could have some success as long as the internal people believe that they can be successful.

Nope, no agenda against the OF kids.  They are some of the toughest, hardest working, overachieving kids in the area.  Kind of like them and the school district, honestly.

The question was is he going to play college ball.  I said no.  He is a good hs player, with very little to no college potential.  He could always go the NAIA route, like ETBU, or Louisiana College, they take anyone who can afford the high tuition.  Is there anything wrong with what I have said?

I know a local college was at the OF two weeks ago talking to him about playing football.

BCgrad05, not sure who will take his spot yet but it looks like maybe Quinton Evans.  I think Evans would do a very good job running this offense.  He's smart just like Huckabay!!

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="732891" timestamp="1261189616"]
Again, comparing OF's offense to the Army, Navy, GA Tech offense is apples and oranges.  They maybe more like them than some teams that run the shotgun, but what OF does is nothing like what Army, Navy and the likes run.
[/quote]

Well, correct me if I'm right....the wing T is a "Run" heavy offense(Triple option, Power plays, and maybe passing 8-10 times a game)....Is this OF's offense?  (It looks like it Statistically)....then it is very similar to Air Force and Navy.....I was a wing T QB(my avg throwing night was 4-7, 74yds, nothing like Jr)....yes, Air Force and Navy's offense is built around the accronym " KISS ", Keep It Simple Stupid, it is one of the most dicipline offenses that still exists...execution-execution-execution....

As for the Huckabay kid playing QB at the next level, I think it's up to the kid(if he wants it)...I haven't seen him play, but most QB's are athletic enough to fit in anywhere on the field. ;)

Jr was a wing T QB for 5 yrs in little league...got to WB and transitioned to the spread, he's done ok.

Lamar would't even offer the Musgrove kid last year from Kirbyville.  He started at receiver for 3 years in HS and was an all-state pick last year.  He was also faster than what Huckaby is.  The best Musgrove could do was a walk-on, I believe that will be the road Huckaby will take if he wants it. 

Like others have said, baseball maybe his ticket for a scholarship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn