19-4a vs 20-4a

tupac7

[quote name="PurpleDawg" post="708636" timestamp="1258269539"]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=62359.msg708562#msg708562 date=1258261346]
20-4A steamrolled 19-4A by a whole 1 point.  Tell me again how much stronger they are.
[/quote]

Uh! By a Win!
[/quote]

What win?  This is the play-offs. The districts are 2 & 2 against each other.  Both #1 seeds won and both #2 seeds lost.  Absolutely no surprises there.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PFSTX" post="707715" timestamp="1258228933"]
Agree....
Odds are...
Central and PN-G won by a combined 28 points.  I could easily see Crosby and or Dayton winning today by at least that amount.  The #3 and #4 seeds of 19-4A gave the #1 and #2 seeds of 20-4A all they could handle.
[/quote]

OK.. let me see if I can get this right.  You want to make it sound like 19-4A is the stronger district.  Crosby beat you by how many?  PNG beat Crosby by how many?  You know... I sit here and read all of these post by the folks across the Trinty River.  They spend a lot of time on here bashing out SETX Teams.  How bad there are, how weak their players are, how better their teams are.....  Well  the last time I checked, this was SETX Sports.  Do you live in Southeast Texas?  IE.. the Golden Triangle.  Maybe it is time you boys step up and make yourself a website.  That was you not have to waste your time hearing all of us SETX Teams cry.  How many other people in the Golden Triangle think I am right?
[/quote]

That's pretty funny for someone w/ 11 posts.
Maybe you ought to get settled in a little before another tirade like that. 

[quote name="7mary3" post="708745" timestamp="1258297705"]
Doesn't matter.  You lose you go home.
[/quote]
I agree with you.(doesn't matter)  The reason I am [b]NOT[b] agreeing with ShlyKBMT is that we had a son who started on the last state championship team in 1975 and we heard the same exact thing over and over when we were in the playoffs ("PNG is too light but they are disciplined and execute well, but will probably lose to _______.") They were rated #3 in the state the day we won the championship game, for goodness sakes! The Indians just kept on trucking one day at a time and that's what this team is going to do, also! Scalp 'em, Indians!

[quote name="Squaw1" post="708970" timestamp="1258319230"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=62359.msg708745#msg708745 date=1258297705]
Doesn't matter.  You lose you go home.
[/quote]
I agree with you.(doesn't matter)  The reason I am [b]NOT[b] agreeing with ShlyKBMT is that we had a son who started on the last state championship team in 1975 and we heard the same exact thing over and over when we were in the playoffs ("PNG is too light but they are disciplined and execute well, but will probably lose to _______.") They were rated #3 in the state the day we won the championship game, for goodness sakes! The Indians just kept on trucking one day at a time and that's what this team is going to do, also! Scalp 'em, Indians!
[/quote]

You need to get examined this afternoon quick. Back to the old days. Guess what? Best thing about the good old PNG days is that their gone. Wake up.  8)

[quote name="Squaw1" post="708970" timestamp="1258319230"]
Doesn't matter.  You lose you go home.
[/quote]
I agree with you.(doesn't matter)  The reason I am [b]NOT[b] agreeing with ShlyKBMT is that we had a son who started on the last state championship team in 1975 and we heard the same exact thing over and over when we were in the playoffs ("PNG is too light but they are disciplined and execute well, but will probably lose to _______.") They were rated #3 in the state the day we won the championship game, for goodness sakes! The Indians just kept on trucking one day at a time and that's what this team is going to do, also! Scalp 'em, Indians!
[/quote]

Squaw1, are you sure you read ShlyKBMT's post correctly? You seem to have made some of the same points he made. You may want to take another look at his post. I've pasted it below:

[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=62359.msg708663#msg708663 date=1258282311]
I have seen PN-G multiple times and this was not they're best showing but give credit to BH you're team played with a ton of heart. I'm a proud Indian but my job sways me from being just a fan. They are not the most talented team in the state but they find the ways to win. Faircloth makes great adjustments but he's not Bear Bryant either and he doesn't act like it. I respect 19-4A they play hard. I'll take the heart of a good team over skill players any day. I hope my Indian faithful takes a step back and embraces the role of underdog despite being undefeated. If you listened to Faircloth when he got here he said he wants to embrace the past but not live in it and he also said Nederland is just another district game. I respect that he is a lot like my baseball coach when I was there Jay Stone. Last weeks win doesn't win this week. Good luck to all SE Texas teams and that includes 19-4A
[/quote]

[quote author=etbu link=topic=62359.msg708987#msg708987 date=1258320703]
[quote author=Squaw1 link=topic=62359.msg708970#msg708970 date=1258319230]
Doesn't matter.  You lose you go home.
[/quote]
I agree with you.(doesn't matter)  The reason I am [b]NOT[b] agreeing with ShlyKBMT is that we had a son who started on the last state championship team in 1975 and we heard the same exact thing over and over when we were in the playoffs ("PNG is too light but they are disciplined and execute well, but will probably lose to _______.") They were rated #3 in the state the day we won the championship game, for goodness sakes! The Indians just kept on trucking one day at a time and that's what this team is going to do, also! Scalp 'em, Indians!
[/quote]

You need to get examined this afternoon quick. Back to the old days. Guess what? Best thing about the good old PNG days is that their gone. Wake up.  8)
[/quote]

Careful, etbu. PN-G football is back. The last thing you want to do right now is underestimate an Indian.

[quote name="etbu" post="709002" timestamp="1258321428"]
Bankid PNG would not have made the playoffs in district 13-4a.
[/quote]

I don't know about that. If you took PN-G in its entirety, picked it up, and moved it into 13-4A, it's completely possible that PN-G would have made it into the playoffs, especially with the UIL taking the top four teams. Would we have done it without a single loss? I don't think so - we were too shaky at the beginning - but that depends on the schedule more than the district in my opinion. We were lucky enough to not meet a team with the skill level of Vidor or Central until after our team really started clicking this year, and that, to me, is what played the biggest part in making us undefeated. Would we be 13-4A district champions? Probably not, but again, that's schedule-dependent. However, I still think we would have made the playoffs.

Sorry Dayton... we shoulda done it the Stewart way Never take the foot of the gas petal.... Darn us and underestimating lowly teams =P

Sorry but it was slightly funny reading through 5 pages of insults that made 0 sense. 2-2 crosby won... shouldn't of underestimated a resilent Bulldogs team. The better team won but the Bulldogs showed that they can be resilent.

But that game honestly was the Jackacy Evans show. the only reason they got close is they had a fabulous onside kick... i mean perfect kick.

Great Kicker... and Our holder couldn't put the darn ball on the T for our kicker...

Im just gonna mention we were to botched Kicks from winning by 12... or 9... so i really don't care what the 20-4a fans ahve to say...

The 19-4a fans erupted at a comment that we were gonna get swept/weren't any good... Comments like Daytons having a bad year are prolly not the best to give dayton before a playoff game.... i hear thier bulletin board was quite large this week.

Crosby came out and did what they ahd to do, if any DOGS fan wants to sit with me we can watch the game and ill show you exactly where the coogs started taking people out because they fiigured the game was ove rin the fourth up by 3 touchdowns.

I saw the game...Crosby never took out anyone. Nederland just fought back. Give credit were credit is due. Crosby snuck out of Woodforest very lucky that they didn't get embaressed by a fourth quarter rally. Crosby was the better team no doubt, but someone needs to remind them that in the GT we play 48 minute football games!

Congrats to all winners this weekend now keep plowwing forward so that we get two more 19 4A vs 20 4A games! Until then nothing was settled in the playoffs! Regular Season belongs to 20 4A and the post season was a draw. No one can argue with the truth.

[quote name="badndn" post="709298" timestamp="1258336446"]
I saw the game...Crosby never took out anyone. Nederland just fought back. Give credit were credit is due. Crosby snuck out of Woodforest very lucky that they didn't get embaressed by a fourth quarter rally. Crosby was the better team no doubt, but someone needs to remind them that in the GT we play 48 minute football games!

Congrats to all winners this weekend now keep plowwing forward so that we get two more 19 4A vs 20 4A games! Until then nothing was settled in the playoffs! Regular Season belongs to 20 4A and the post season was a draw. No one can argue with the truth.
[/quote]doesn't matter what the season series record was, this is the new season. we're all still playing for one thing, to try to bring home the brass ring to this part of the state. to southeast texas. we're all in this together, well, until we play against each other lol. got to pull for each other.  ::)

[quote name="badndn" post="709298" timestamp="1258336446"]

[/quote]

Your simply wrong. (about the no use of subs thing)

Other than that i completely agree!

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="709333" timestamp="1258337979"]
I'll give them their dues those were the same Cornerbacks that Galena park riped up CONGRATS YOUR OFFENSE SCORED LIKE GALENA PARKS (MINUS A COUPLE TDS)
[/quote]
??MY OFFENSE??
My teams offense ripped your Coogs for 30 first half points! And Nederlands offense almost ripped your Coogs for 30 second half points!

Believe what you want! I know what I saw...the same Coogs on defense and offense in the 4th that were there in the 1st. The game is on the PA News. Go check it for yourself.

20-4A, 19-4A....
It doesn't matter now!
There are four teams 4A teams left east of Houston.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOUR!
With some AWEsome football playing hopefully all four will meet each other in three weeks!

The real winner is the last one playing.

Would be AWEsome if the region III champion went to the schools east of Houston.

[quote name="badndn" post="709386" timestamp="1258340137"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=62359.msg709333#msg709333 date=1258337979]
I'll give them their dues those were the same Cornerbacks that Galena park riped up CONGRATS YOUR OFFENSE SCORED LIKE GALENA PARKS (MINUS A COUPLE TDS)
[/quote]
??MY OFFENSE??
My teams offense ripped your Coogs for 30 first half points! And Nederlands offense almost ripped your Coogs for 30 second half points!

Believe what you want! I know what I saw...the same Coogs on defense and offense in the 4th that were there in the 1st. The game is on the PA News. Go check it for yourself.
[/quote]

Honestly your right... the same exact players where in... Hints thier no longer starters lulz.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="709426" timestamp="1258341800"]
20-4A, 19-4A....
It doesn't matter now!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOUR!
With some AWEsome football playing hopefully all four will meet each other in three weeks!

Would be AWEsome if the region III champion went to the schools east of Houston.

[/quote]

Would be doubly awesome if the Region III Championship was between PN-G and Dayton!

[quote name="1st Infantry Division" post="709523" timestamp="1258353533"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62359.msg709426#msg709426 date=1258341800]
20-4A, 19-4A....
It doesn't matter now!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOUR!

[/quote]

Would be doubly awesome if the Region III Championship was between PN-G and Dayton!
[/quote] If PNG & Dayton meet up it will be in the quarter finals !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder