Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="Pirates" post="705958" timestamp="1258129327"]
Oh, btw

Sam Houston is having their last game of the season Saturday at 2:00.  Stadium Director said with senior day and everything else going on, most likely will not open up the stadium until 6:30 for the game between Vidor and Dayton.  The point being, don't get in a hurry.
[/quote]

WTH....heck maybe I'll go and tailgate all the way through the Sam Houston game and get a good parking space! 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="705970" timestamp="1258130286"]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=62005.msg705958#msg705958 date=1258129327]
Oh, btw

Sam Houston is having their last game of the season Saturday at 2:00.  Stadium Director said with senior day and everything else going on, most likely will not open up the stadium until 6:30 for the game between Vidor and Dayton.  The point being, don't get in a hurry.
[/quote]

WTH....heck maybe I'll go and tailgate all the way through the Sam Houston game and get a good parking space! 
[/quote]

I say start early in Conroe for Crosby and the Ned and head over since its so late!!

Guest pirates
[quote name="rollinac" post="705970" timestamp="1258130286"]
Oh, btw

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I attend?  ;D

[quote name="Pirates" post="706000" timestamp="1258134016"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62005.msg705970#msg705970 date=1258130286]
Oh, btw

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I attend?  ;D
[/quote]

Heck yea....just know our smack talk doesn't cease prior to or during gametime ;D

Guest pirates
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="705962" timestamp="1258129601"]
Oh, btw

[/quote]
That is some information everybody needs to know!

ENJOY THE TRIP UP TOMORROW!
[/quote]

Sam Houston has already made preparations, if the College game would go into overtime, to have the Vidor Players and Dayton Players lounge during the game in the req. center.  I can tell everyone this, those people up at Sam Houston are first class.  It is going to be a great experience for both teams.

Guest pirates
[quote name="Pirates" post="706006" timestamp="1258134378"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62005.msg706004#msg706004 date=1258134278]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=62005.msg706000#msg706000 date=1258134016]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=62005.msg705970#msg705970 date=1258130286]
Oh, btw

[/quote]

[/quote]

All in fun.....  ;D

Can I attend?  ;D
[/quote]

Heck yea....just know our smack talk doesn't cease prior to or during gametime ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

All in fun....  ;D

[quote name="rollinac" post="706035" timestamp="1258137529"]
You know it....rooting for the Broncos, Eagles, Patriots, and for Nederland to have a bad game.
[/quote]

Nobody asked anyone to root for Crosby, although deep down we all would be against anyone in 20-4A, save for maybe Livingston LOL!

I read in another thread or this thread some thread that Crosby was coming to the BH PNG game and root for BH. WELL actually rooting for 19-4A which IMO is great.To bad Dayton colors arent white
then it would be patriotic on the BH side  RED WHITE AND BLUE  ;D  so I guess it can be RED for the initial hit on PNG then turns BLUE then when it sets in turns PURPLE :o    LOL

[quote name="ndn78" post="706088" timestamp="1258142123"]
Great stadium for the kids and fans, used to go watch Dustin Long his senior year. Pirates I will be the one in Purple & White yelling for my 20-4A brothers to kick some butt. Be safe and good luck to both teams!
[/quote]Glad to have ya NDN and good luck tonight!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="705964" timestamp="1258129814"]
Can't wait for Saturday ! First playoff game is almost upon on us and its going to be fun both teams are getting ready to face off for a tough first round matchup! Who ever wins this game probably will see a lessor team in the second round . Good luck to all the good people in Vidor and have a safe trip !~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GO BRONCO'S ~~~~~~~~~~~
[/quote]Thanks Jay, same to ya!

[quote name="Pirates" post="705942" timestamp="1258128763"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62005.msg705937#msg705937 date=1258128458]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=62005.msg705933#msg705933 date=1258128338]
You should have seen the practice yesterday in Huntsville.  It's been years since I have seen a Vidor team so focused and business like.  I'm not saying we will win or loose, I do not make predictions, but this will be a great game.  Another game like the Central game, could come down to a few OT's.
[/quote]

That's cool that you guys made the trip to practice there.

btw.... how long a drive is it for you guys?
[/quote]

2-1/2 hours with the buses.  Probably 2 hours not running with buses.  105 to 146 to 190 then into Huntsville.  This time of the year, beautiful drive.  Dayton and Vidor have a great trip driving up and be careful.
[/quote]
hour and a half for me, i friggin fly
go thru silsbee, wide open freeway for the pirates
if anyone needs directions message me, its very easy to get to

[quote name="ndn78" post="706088" timestamp="1258142123"]
Great stadium for the kids and fans, used to go watch Dustin Long his senior year. Pirates I will be the one in Purple & White yelling for my 20-4A brothers to kick some butt. Be safe and good luck to both teams!
[/quote]
will hope to see you there, look for the guy with the big skull towel lol

[quote name="lotsamoxie" post="706181" timestamp="1258150541"]
Man the stadium is fantastic.  Personnel at the location are great and should be an all out battle in a first class establishment.  Little Ponies from Dayton will go home with their heads hung low!
[/quote]
Actually...
We could probably pull up our 7th grade Ponies to finish off the game, even then, Vidor still might not be able to score.
Pirates being stampeded by Broncos won't be a pretty site.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="706185" timestamp="1258150799"]
Actually...
We could probably pull up our 7th grade Ponies to finish off the game, even then, Vidor still might not be able to score.
Pirates being stampeded by Broncos won't be a pretty site.
[/quote]
From what I'm hearing, your varsity isn't as good as it was when you were in the district with us. So, I wouldn't start making junior high references. Not even Faircloth's Indians could keep us out of the endzone all night. And we played lick for lick with Central ... a team bigger than you and just as fast or faster.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
  • Topics