Edit* This should have been a reply! We Will Win

jmarc77657

one thing worth mentioning which might explain why we put so much faith in our team. Our team consist of alot of Juniors. The Juniors and Alvin Credeur have been together since 7th grade and have not lost a game since the middle of that first year. As for excuses, I am pretty sure people from every team mention on their posts when some of their star players get injured. The great thing about the Raiders is that we dont base our team on Star players. Sure we have them but they are merely members of a team. If we cant win without Darby, we didnt deserve the win. We have a strong team. We can do this.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg
\

leave that horse alone he is dead already..

My gosh I am tired of hearing about "the streak.".Congrats once again but man give it a break...

It is ok to have high hopes for your team and be proud, but quit with "the streak" ..everyone already knows!!!!

And for the last time quit beating that dead horse..He is dead !!!!!! He is dead!!!

Guest Bridge City Card
one thing worth mentioning which might explain why we put so much faith in our team. Our team consist of alot of Juniors. The Juniors and Alvin Credeur have been together since 7th grade and have not lost a game since the middle of that first year. As for excuses' date=' I am pretty sure people from every team mention on their posts when some of their star players get injured. The great thing about the Raiders is that we dont base our team on Star players. Sure we have them but they are merely members of a team. If we cant win without Darby, we didnt deserve the win. We have a strong team. We can do this.[/quote'] What happened to Garza?

Well Lumberton fans, I will give you kudo's for the 3-0 start.................................But, lets see how yall play against some real teams now. :wink: Dont let your kids get the big head, 3-0 can turn into 3-7 real quick. :wink:

Dayton will prolly beat you, but atleast you wont have a losing record on Saturday. :D

For my disclaimer: If yall do beat Dayton, I MIGHT become a believer!! Dont tell anyone I said that :shock:

Well, he does have a point.

I believe what he is saying is that they rely more on team play than a superstar. I will agree with this. I would rather have 11 overachievers than 11 Super talented cry babies!!! When you work as a team, there is a much better chance of winning!!!!!!

I believe piratefan said it best the other day' date=' count the post under the name of the person.

jmarc77657 first post was a full blown prediction, isn't that a surprise :shock:[/quote']

That is a reliable theory I have come up with..

Ol' boy first day on the forum and he is making predictions and telling us these kids never lost..He really thinks he is the first one to notify us........

I know yall have heard it. The problem is that everybody thinks we are undeserving of praise because we have won 3. We are excited because this streak over several years is a marathon for us, and we're not ready to give that up. Its great to finally have a streak TO be excited about. Also Fuller really destroyed the spirits of the team and fans in so many ways over the last few years. The Raiders just want to be fans again. We want to support our Boys.

I know yall have heard it. The problem is that everybody thinks we are undeserving of praise because we have won 3. We are excited because this streak over several years is a marathon for us' date=' and we're not ready to give that up. Its great to finally have a streak [i']TO be excited about. Also Fuller really destroyed the spirits of the team and fans in so many ways over the last few years. The Raiders just want to be fans again. We want to support our Boys.

And there is nothing wrong with that..You should be proud,but if you go back and read soem of the posts on here ,there are alot making predictions and doggin other schools..(not everyone from lumberton)but there are a few..

I listened to a sports talk show the other night and there was a guy on there saying Lumberton was winning state..those kinda things are what everyone is talking about

I know yall have heard it. The problem is that everybody thinks we are undeserving of praise because we have won 3. We are excited because this streak over several years is a marathon for us' date=' and we're not ready to give that up. Its great to finally have a streak [i']TO be excited about. Also Fuller really destroyed the spirits of the team and fans in so many ways over the last few years. The Raiders just want to be fans again. We want to support our Boys.

That is great, nobody slighting anybody for being an excited fan. I think the problem is endless babble about how good ya'll are this year without any substanial proof, yet. 3-0 is great, but none of your opponents have been the kind of teams ya'll will face in district. It truly is good to hear that there is some football pride back in Lumberton. :)

Guest Football

Still say this theory has flaws... for some of us, it would be best for our jobs, not to get into posting on boards.... That doesn't mean were not advid board readers....

Guest Football

so you posting Vidor' date='lcm ,and lumberton should be put in a separate district and battle it out for last place is ok??[/quote']

I said consolation prize..... it's a joke with about 85% truth to it. Those three schools have had some excellent teams who've been messed over the years by a super tough district. I would love to see those schools have a chance elswhere....except Lumberton, they don't need a weaker district, they could handle Southlake Carroll, much less these little ol' 4A teams, lol....

Piratefan, Sorry, I have not gotten into as many discussions as you throughout this boards existence, like I said, with my job, it's probably best, I just read, and keep my opinions between my coworkers and myself...... I'll be sure to personally PM you for your approval of my post from now on :-)

Guest Football

thats fine football..

dont seem like you are having trouble now posting your opinions..

get a job change??? Promotion?? what is different?

Guess once you start, it's hard to stop...

The great thing about the Raiders is that we dont base our team on Star players. Sure we have them but they are merely members of a team. If we cant win without Darby, we didnt deserve the win.

what in the heck does this mean

our star defensive player is out with a injury right now9Darby Chilek). it could be the season or it could be a few weeks. he is basically saying Lumberton has heart and they play as a team, and if we lose a star player it doesnt get us down, we just keep on truckin like nothing happened.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder