*Crosby vs. BH/Crosby wins 21-16/Comments

[quote name="BHFAN" post="687422" timestamp="1256617823"]
Those that say BH don't have the Athletes are just plan wrong! All I read after we play teams is how good our kids are and play from the fans of other teams. Price didn't lose this game and isn't responsible for most of the games IMHO, but there have definetly been games where the lack of game planning, adjustments and play calling has killed a BH season. Make no mistake Price didn't make BH , BH made Price! I have no idea what he even did before BH, does anyone know? his entire record or at leat 95% of it is at BH. Mind you that BH played in one of the weakest 3A districts in the state while having large numbers of kids that are very passionate about being a BH football player! Price defenitly came in and with the help of a very talented class of kids the BH tradition came back to the hill does this give a coach a retirement pass? No! 10 years later it's time for a change. the last 3-4 years there have been tons of adjustments to the staff, but in the end the Offense/Defense looks the same now as it did 10 years ago. Difference is we are in 4A now and can't mow over teams with just pure numbers and determination. Is BH capable of finding a coach and not hiring a brother in law is my only fear! If that would be the case I would rather have Price, but if BH would go out like PNG did for a state wide hunt of a successfull 3A, 4A or 5A assistant IM IN. BH has the talent , facilities and community support that deserve the best IMO! Or we can all hold hands and praise everyone while pretending that everything is ok.
[/quote]

BHFAN, I agree and disagree with some of your post...surprise, surprise.  We have had some talented kids, but very few if any have been D1 prospects.  Even the 99 class as good as it was didn't have any super talent.  There's a difference in better than average talent and D1 type talent like we saw with Cody Greene and Dugat from Dayton.  We just don't(at this point) have that type of talent.  When we get in the playoffs it cathes up to us, and then you go through some bad luck like losing Chris Daniels his senior year, and we have an even more disadvantage.  If Chris doesn't get hurt that year, we don't lose to KV, and probably go several rounds. Pat filled in real well, but he was not the running thret that Chris was.  In a nut shell, our talent, at times, has been above average but not college type talent...and then we've had some just plain ole bad luck...its football.  Also, we stay 3a in 06 when the Pattons and those guy's were seniors, we would have done well in the playoffs...once again some bad luck...that's football.

Do I think Price does everything right...no way...but who does? I believe that when the kids make mistakes like, fumbles, interceptions, jumping off sides, running into the punter, etc. etc...they should have to pay a severe price come Monday, that's how you train them not to make mistakes.  So in that, I wish Price did a little better job...but I'm not there dealing with these kids everyday to be able to understand all of his reasoning.

Also we have changed O/C and D/C a couple of times.  Our defense is totally different than it was two years ago...I'm not sure for the better.  So there has been some change.  Let me remind you also that, 3 other coaches played in basically the same sorry 3a district that Price did, and they didn't come close to what price has accomplished...also we have become pretty competitive in 4a in a short time, many teams take years to get back on track when they jump classifications.

I agree with you, I don't trust that we'll hire a coach any better than what we have, our track record isn't very good.  These are just my opinions also, I just believe our program is in a much better situation than some people think. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way saw a forum on field conditions, and wanted to say that BH needs to go ahead and spend the money on turf.. The field is not in good shape at all right now....Nice press box, but playoffs games won't happen until the field updates to turf IMO...The only  school in the district other than North Forest without turf... Hey, can't blame this one on the coaches.. lol ..  should 

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="687562" timestamp="1256654359"]
By the way saw a forum on field conditions, and wanted to say that BH needs to go ahead and spend the money on turf.. The field is not in good shape at all right now....Nice press box, but playoffs games won't happen until the field updates to turf IMO...The only  school in the district other than North Forest without turf... Hey, can't blame this one on the coaches.. lol ..  should 
[/quote]

Your going to have to update your entire stadium in order to get in that playoff rotation. Visiting stands and parking are at best a joke.

BHFAN, I have been agreeing with you more and more lately (one of us must be slippin!)...but have to call you on the comment about having the athletes.  34 said it and so have I in the past...we now have and historically had overachieving average athletes.  Sure, there were some good ones that had a chance to barely make a D1 team, but we just never have the "impact" players like Dayton's Green and Dugat, or the recurring talent pool of WOS.  Heck even GCM has player in their second year (Allen) who could play somewhere next year...that made all the difference for them this year.  This is not a defense of BH coaching, its just plain history.  You can't turn quarter horses into thoroughbreds.  A well run program with hard working (but average) athletes and supportive parents will get you regularly to the playoffs, but its pretty rare to get beyond the first or second round without some legit blue-chippers.

Hill Guy and BH34, I think we are all on the same page and whatever you do don't start agreeing with me ;D I understand that BH hasn't had D1 prospects and definitly can tell the deference between D1 and Non D1 talent. However I don't think that our kids are overmatched as a team! This year we have not played the Greens and Dugats and I haven't seen any team this year that I would say has more athleltes that we do. GCM's running back is the only kid that I've seen that i though might be on another level. With that said the games we have lost this year except for the Dayton game were turnover driven yet in each game we could have won if the players were in a posisiton to do so. I know every one is not perfect (Ranger83 being the exception) and can deal with a poor play call here and there, but at some point improvement has to take place. I'm not one who wishes to wait for one of the best classed to come through BH (2-3 years) blow through district and then lose in round one due to poor planning, play calling and adjusments. I can however deal with the team losing due to turnovers! It does suck when that happens, but at the end of the day I know how much heart BH players have and how much work they put into being a football player. Now if they were getting paid I would be climbing thier butts, but they are out their playing and using thier free time to play for BH and intertain us old fart stand coaches!!! ;D

Take care of business Eagles BHFAN wants a playoff game!!!!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BHFAN" post="687739" timestamp="1256666110"]
Hill Guy and BH34, I think we are all on the same page and whatever you do don't start agreeing with me ;D I understand that BH hasn't had D1 prospects and definitly can tell the deference between D1 and Non D1 talent. However I don't think that our kids are overmatched as a team! This year we have not played the Greens and Dugats and I haven't seen any team this year that I would say has more athleltes that we do. GCM's running back is the only kid that I've seen that i though might be on another level. With that said the games we have lost this year except for the Dayton game were turnover driven yet in each game we could have won if the players were in a posisiton to do so. I know every one is not perfect (Ranger83 being the exception) and can deal with a poor play call here and there, but at some point improvement has to take place. I'm not one who wishes to wait for one of the best classed to come through BH (2-3 years) blow through district and then lose in round one due to poor planning, play calling and adjusments. I can however deal with the team losing due to turnovers! It does suck when that happens, but at the end of the day I know how much heart BH players have and how much work they put into being a football player. Now if they were getting paid I would be climbing thier butts, but they are out their playing and using thier free time to play for BH and intertain us old fart stand coaches!!! ;D

Take care of business Eagles BHFAN wants a playoff game!!!!
[/quote]

Dang I'm good!

(Please! No butt climbing!)

I don't think they will blow through district in 2 - 3 years.  They did not even blow through district this year.  Both 7th grade teams, both 8th grade teams, both 9th grade teams, the JV and the Varsity ALL lost to Dayton.  I think that Dayton will be the only one blowing through district for several years.

Once again...
See Delusions of Grandeur...

Grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur are a type of delusion characterized by fantastical [b]beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful.[/b] It is a criterion for psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar mania. Delusions of grandeur are generally fantastic, often with a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious bent (for example, belief that one is an incarnation of Jesus Christ). In psychiatry, grandiose delusions are one of several diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia[1] and bipolar mania. Delusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, [b]in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality[/b].

It is nice to see that the BH fans are very passionate about their sports and in many cases this does cause the kids to rise to the next level.
However...
When your students lose to a team that just has better athletes it is a poor habit to....
BLAME THE COACHES!
The Barbers Hill coaches and their athletes are TOP NOTCH!
Nothing but good sportsmanship and playing to the end.
However, at times you just play teams with better athletes.
It is not the coaches fault that sometimes they will lose to better teams (believe it or not they do exist).
It is a bad habit that the kids are learning in Barbers Hill to hear the parents blame continuously the coaches.
Winning builds confidence, losing builds character, champions have both confidence and character.
Losing is part of life, the better you adjust to it, the better a champion you become.

This being said...
Good luck to Barbers Hill this week and good luck in the playoffs...
JUST DON'T BLAME THE COACHES for not succeeding!

Guest falcons
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="687810" timestamp="1256669529"]
Once again...

Grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur are a type of delusion characterized by fantastical [b]beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful.[/b] It is a criterion for psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar mania. Delusions of grandeur are generally fantastic, often with a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious bent (for example, belief that one is an incarnation of Jesus Christ). In psychiatry, grandiose delusions are one of several diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia[1] and bipolar mania. Delusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, [b]in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality[/b].

It is nice to see that the BH fans are very passionate about their sports and in many cases this does cause the kids to rise to the next level.
However...
When your students lose to a team that just has better athletes it is a poor habit to....
BLAME THE COACHES!
It is not the coaches fault that sometimes they will lose to better teams (believe it or not they do exist).
It is a bad habit that the kids are learning in Barbers Hill to hear the parents blame continuously the coaches.
Winning builds confidence, losing builds character, champions have both confidence and character.
Losing is part of life, the better you adjust to it, the better a champion you become.

This being said...
[/quote]

who is to blame then? if i have a job and fail to do a good job who does my boss blame? can i tell him that the material upon i am to work on or with is not good material? how do you think that would last? regardless of the product it is the job of the coach to make these kids better and that has not happen. look price looks like frank beamer from va tech but that is as close as he gets to being a good coach. end of story and man needs to go.

[quote name="hummer" post="687874" timestamp="1256672795"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=61233.msg687810#msg687810 date=1256669529]
Once again...

However...
BLAME THE COACHES!

This being said...
[/quote]

who is to blame then? if i have a job and fail to do a good job who does my boss blame? can i tell him that the material upon i am to work on or with is not good material? how do you think that would last? regardless of the product it is the job of the coach to make these kids better and that has not happen. look price looks like frank beamer from va tech but that is as close as he gets to being a good coach. end of story and man needs to go.
[/quote]
The juniors and seniors at Barbers Hill were walloped by the Ponies of Dayton while they were in 7th and 8th grade.
This year they played the Broncos to a 3 point game.
Looks to me that they have improved.
See part of above definition...
Delusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, [b]in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality[/b].
This represents many of the adults at Barbers Hill, it is unrealistic to think that your team is going to win state at everything.
The football talent that is at Barbers Hill wasn't even good enough to beat Dayton in one game from 7th to varsity this year.
I do think the kids at Barbers Hill give 110% every game, they display good sportsmanship, and they are very respectful young adults.
This speaks well of Coach Price, who I believe does a fabulous job with the kids he has.

Guest falcons
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="687937" timestamp="1256675603"]
[quote author=hummer link=topic=61233.msg687874#msg687874 date=1256672795]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=61233.msg687810#msg687810 date=1256669529]
Once again...

However...
BLAME THE COACHES!

This being said...
[/quote]

[/quote]
The juniors and seniors at Barbers Hill were walloped by the Ponies of Dayton while they were in 7th and 8th grade.
This year they played the Broncos to a 3 point game.
Looks to me that they have improved.
See part of above definition...
Delusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, [b]in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality[/b].
This represents many of the adults at Barbers Hill, it is unrealistic to think that your team is going to win state at everything.
The football talent that is at Barbers Hill wasn't even good enough to beat Dayton in one game from 7th to varsity this year.
I do think the kids at Barbers Hill give 110% every game, they display good sportsmanship, and they are very respectful young adults.
This speaks well of Coach Price, who I believe does a fabulous job with the kids he has.
[/quote]

are you trying to impress your class? you likee hemingway?

Ok I'm officially sick of hearing how good the Dayton junior high kids are ;D I point to Crosby as your reference  :-* I wonder how many times this years Crosby class got killed by Dayton untill this year ;D Hmmm I wonder how that happened ::) could it be that they are not 12 years old anymore?

[quote name="BHFAN" post="687951" timestamp="1256676324"]
Ok I'm officially sick of hearing how good the Dayton junior high kids are ;D I point to Crosby as your reference  :-* I wonder how many times this years Crosby class got killed by Dayton untill this year ;D Hmmm I wonder how that happened ::) could it be that they are not 12 years old anymore?
[/quote]
Just as a reference...
The juniors and seniors never really had any success against Dayton (I don't think the junior and senior class has ever beat Dayton in football).
They played Dayton to a 3 point game this year.
I have the upmost respect for the student athletes at Barbers Hill.
They are VERY competitive, and display all the virtues you would want in a student athlete, but...
When it comes to football they do frequently line up against players that are just better than they are.
It is not a knock on the athletes and the players when they get beat by a superior team.
If you give 110% and do all you can, losing the game when coached correctly BUILDS YOUR CHARACTER!
Don't get into the habit for always saying that is the coaches fault for losing games.
Sometimes you just lose to a better team.

[b]State Rankings All Classifications, According to Chron.com[/b]

Total offense yards - BH ranked 10th in the state
Total Passing yards - BH ranked 7th in the state
Mathew V Passing Yards - Matt ranked 15th in state

I'll put all our athletes on notice that they are not as good as other school athletes. 

I suspect our defense would be better too if we chose to play athletes both ways when possible.  Other than Bradford, that's about the only player who goes both ways. Of course most of the time he is on the sidelines.  Not sure, but I think both those are coaching decisions.  ??? ??? 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="687989" timestamp="1256678436"]

I'll put all our athletes on notice that they are not as good as other school athletes. 

I suspect our defense would be better too if we chose to play athletes both ways when possible.  Other than Bradford, that's about the only player who goes both ways. Of course most of the time he is on the sidelines.  Not sure, but I think both those are coaching decisions.   ??? ??? 

[/quote]
Don't forget the district you are posting those stats in is really not that good.
The PN-G game was a quality team for predistrict, and you played a JV team in the 2nd game.
The bottom half of 19-4A is really the bottom half.
We shall see how good the top four teams are come in two weeks when the playoffs start.
Those stats will do you nothing if you lose in the first round
19-4A will be lucky to get a split in the first round.

Out of Crosby, Barbers Hill, and Dayton, the future looks brighter at Dayton....
Barbers Hill has an AWEsome 9th grade group and the 7th grade looked tremendous this season.
Dayton's freshmen group is LOADED and the 7th grade group at Dayton is DYNAMITE!

Coach Stewart is sitting on a gold mine of talent in Dayton.
In Region III Dayton will be a force in 4A for many more years.

If somehow Dayton can win Region III this year, I think they may have three or more years of getting to the semifinals.

It is really amazing how much talent is going through this small town, and the coaching staff at Dayton only improves on the talent.

You are a lucky parent if you have a son that will be influenced by the coaches of Dayton, they are tremendous role models and have high expectations for success.

You know, I too can understand how thrilled some of Dayton's followers are that they have such a lock on whichever district they may happen to be in in 4 or 5 years.  Yes, from all your posts this year, we see how awesome your 7th and 8th grade teams are.  Congratulations, and I'm sincere with that!  However, that said, 4 or 5 years is a long time  and ANYTHING can happen. Any school can have  one or two "super" players that move-in or move-out, you can have a handful of young men that simply don't mature as quickly as some and all of sudden, "wow, who are they and where did they come from?" and they've been there all along getting pummeled by the early bloomers in their class.  That can be said for HS level kids as well. Any HS can have kids that can play varsity as a sophmore and some of the kids in that same sophmore class are just beginning to physically mature.  Then, when they're all at the varsity level at the same time it looks like a whole different ballclub.  I think the last scenario is quite true now. I'm sure ALL schools have moved talent up and down based on their needs this year so whose to say, really.  It's all hope.  Yes, Dayton had a GRAND time with BH this year -  "running the table" in ALL classes, but there are just too many variables to say that Dayton will OWN any team from now on.  You may, but I don't possibly see how you can make that claim.  The Hillguy knows what I'm talking about, remember Willis?  (yes, we're old farts) I'm just sayin' kids grow and mature at different rates; kids move-in and out of schools, coaches come and go so to assume that any team will forever own another is ludicrous. 

Iv'e kept up with Dayton for some time now and like BH they have gotten FAT on a very weak district. When they went to the East they had two DIV I players that guided them to district championships. Crosby took your crown this year and others will after that. Eagle82 hit this on the nose! Take off the rose colored glasses and don't think your 7th graders are going to win state when they are varsity. Crosby, BH, Dayton and GCM will be very competive in the near future and I don't think anyone can lay claim to future titles.

This year Crosby won and could win again next year with Merka coming back! I think before district started the great Purple4Ever typed and I qoute " No Team wil get within 20 points of Dayton in District" Well you were almost right Crosby stayed 28 out ,but BH got in that 20 bubble just as I predicted then.

One more question ;D If BH has such poor talent why do we win in other sports against the schools with superior talent? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :o

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="688004" timestamp="1256679012"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=61233.msg687989#msg687989 date=1256678436]

I suspect our defense would be better too if we chose to play athletes both ways when possible.  Other than Bradford, that's about the only player who goes both ways. Of course most of the time he is on the sidelines.  Not sure, but I think both those are coaching decisions.   ??? ??? 

[/quote]
Don't forget the district you are posting those stats in is really not that good.
The PN-G game was a quality team for predistrict, and you played a JV team in the 2nd game.
The bottom half of 19-4A is really the bottom half.
We shall see how good the top four teams are come in two weeks when the playoffs start.
Those stats will do you nothing if you lose in the first round
19-4A will be lucky to get a split in the first round.

[/quote]

Second game was against Lumberton third game was against a Junior team 1st year school. No matter how many times you say JV it still isn't going to be true.

He also got those stats againt Dayton as well ;D BH has played everyteam in the district so far except the worst one! I don't know how he can get those stats being everyone on the other teams are better than him. hmmmmmmmm must be luck or maybe one of the coachs have a remote on him and they are making the yards ??? Come to think of it I think i saw an atenna on his helmet :D

[quote name="oldrock" post="688149" timestamp="1256690466"]
I have not seen the words "poor talent" used that way, but I think this is still a football thread.  I have not made reference to any other sports, just football.  I think there are other sports somewhere on this site.
[/quote]

Useing other sports as an example in an attempt to debunk the BH don't have athletes theory!

That is just a cop out! I'll say again there was not a team the BH played this year that had such a huge advantage in the athletic column that they were over matched! Beside the GCM mud bowl the most that BH was beaten  this year was 6 points and that was against Lumberton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami