• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Veronica Corningstone
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="673702" timestamp="1255440882"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg673698#msg673698 date=1255440736]
I guess it looks like a full hand with HF's prediction in district.
[/quote]

There is only one team in district that has their spot sewn up...................Hamshire-Fannett will finish in 6th place and go 0-10 in district.  That is a guarantee.
[/quote]Thats not guaranteed at all.. they will for sure beat BC... 

[quote name="RedBird5" post="689768" timestamp="1256851430"]
I'm doubting HF beats BC.
[/quote]I think it should be a good game... who do they have coming back

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="675301" timestamp="1255570389"]
What is OF depth like this year?  I know that there two best players are Haynes and Granger, but what else do they have?
[/quote]You seem so sure about OF being so good this year an beating HF BC and WOS and you dont even know who they have this year

[quote name="Abe Lincoln" post="703517" timestamp="1257877439"]
i think hf will surprise some people this year.  they have a lot of height down low and speed on the outside.  they should be able to beat bc this year and should be able to hang with OF
[/quote]Here is my assessment (again) for HF basketball. Presently, I just don't see the commitment to the sport of basketball at HF High. I think I know the reason why but I will keep that assessment to myself for right now. The good thing is that there are several parents and kids who truly love the game.These kids also have the talent for the game. But with talent, comes hard work and dedication. The talent will get better with maturity and game competition. Actually you will begin to see a difference in 2011 when HF becomes more competitive on the court. Wow, thats a mere 2 years now.There will be a good mix of young juniors, sophmores, and maybe a 9th grader or two on that squad. And we all know how fast time flies. I just think it's going to be a time for fun and excitement for the community of Hamshire Fannett. I'm excited.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="704684" timestamp="1257996201"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg704124#msg704124 date=1257952788]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=60587.msg703517#msg703517 date=1257877439]
i think hf will surprise some people this year.  they have a lot of height down low and speed on the outside.  they should be able to beat bc this year and should be able to hang with OF
[/quote]Here is my assessment (again) for HF basketball. Presently, I just don't see the commitment to the sport of basketball at HF High. I think I know the reason why but I will keep that assessment to myself for right now. The good thing is that there are several parents and kids who truly love the game.These kids also have the talent for the game. But with talent, comes hard work and dedication. The talent will get better with maturity and game competition. Actually you will begin to see a difference in 2011 when HF becomes more competitive on the court. Wow, thats a mere 2 years now.There will be a good mix of young juniors, sophmores, and maybe a 9th grader or two on that squad. And we all know how fast time flies. I just think it's going to be a time for fun and excitement for the community of Hamshire Fannett. I'm excited.
[/quote]

Here is my assessment for HF basketball. They've been working hard this offseason and improving. They have had some move-ins that are pretty good ball players. They also have a big program this year which have given them some depth to work with. I think they will be able to compete with most schools they play this year. All I ask is don't make negative comments on what you don't know about, because I've seen alot of dedication from the basketball program so far. That being said, bluedove, I think you need to calm down talking nonsense about a bunch of 3rd graders. I wouldn't talk too big because someone could move off and another might not be able to keep his grades up, then what will you be left with? Nada. So just let the kids play and don't let them get the big head just yet.
[/quote]Hmm? What negative comments did I make? I read the above statements I made. What negative comments? And what do you mean "talking too big?" I'm promoting HF basketball for the future and I'm talking too big? Please explain, I really want to hear this.

[quote name="RedBird5" post="704626" timestamp="1257993636"]
OF will be good this year!
[/quote] I like Orangefield basketball because I see you guys love your basketball out there. You don't hide during the summer months. Your guys are out there working to get better and I applaud yall for putting the work in to get better. I have a lot of respect for your program out there.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="704993" timestamp="1258044034"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg704930#msg704930 date=1258040718]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg704684#msg704684 date=1257996201]
i think hf will surprise some people this year.  they have a lot of height down low and speed on the outside.  they should be able to beat bc this year and should be able to hang with OF
[/quote]

Here is my assessment for HF basketball. They've been working hard this offseason and improving. They have had some move-ins that are pretty good ball players. They also have a big program this year which have given them some depth to work with. I think they will be able to compete with most schools they play this year. All I ask is don't make negative comments on what you don't know about, because I've seen alot of dedication from the basketball program so far. That being said, bluedove, I think you need to calm down talking nonsense about a bunch of 3rd graders. I wouldn't talk too big because someone could move off and another might not be able to keep his grades up, then what will you be left with? Nada. So just let the kids play and don't let them get the big head just yet.
[/quote]Hmm? What negative comments did I make? I read the above statements I made. What negative comments? And what do you mean "talking too big?" I'm promoting HF basketball for the future and I'm talking too big? Please explain, I really want to hear this.
[/quote]

"Presently, I just don't see the commitment to the sport of basketball at HF High. I think I know the reason why but I will keep that assessment to myself for right now."-Bluedove
I think that's negative because I've seen alot of hard work and improvement from the basketball team, and there is way more dedication than the past couple of years.

"How am I talking too big?" -Bluedove
I'm pretty sure it was you that made a thread that was titled "HF's 2013-2015 March to the State Title" or some nonsense like that, and you think that's not talking too big?
[/quote]Okay, I'll give you the benefit of my doubt, but I want you to answer a few questions before we move on:
#1. What are /were the basketball team doing to improve for this season? And please don't say playing in the backyard.
#2. Can you explain in DETAIL exactly what the basketball team was doing to get ready for the season?
And why is it "nonsense" to think a State title for Hamshire Fannett in 2015? Why is this "talking too big?"

Have you wallowed around as a loser for so long that you can't remember what it takes to be a winner or feel like a winner? Are you one of those parents that let your kid quit the team this year? Whats wrong with someone saying that by 2011, HF will have a good core group of players who can play basketball? You should be excited whats about to happen in a year and half or more. Don't get on me for being excited. Sure I know players move out and grades and girls come into play. When that happens, then I will re-evaluate. But for now, HF has the potential to rule 23-A in the near future. And sir (miss?), you need to check your negative vibes and find a winning spirit in your heart.  :-*

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="705114" timestamp="1258051597"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg705077#msg705077 date=1258048839]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg704993#msg704993 date=1258044034]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg704684#msg704684 date=1257996201]
[/quote]

[/quote]

"Presently, I just don't see the commitment to the sport of basketball at HF High. I think I know the reason why but I will keep that assessment to myself for right now."-Bluedove
I think that's negative because I've seen alot of hard work and improvement from the basketball team, and there is way more dedication than the past couple of years.

I'm pretty sure it was you that made a thread that was titled "HF's 2013-2015 March to the State Title" or some nonsense like that, and you think that's not talking too big?
[/quote]Okay, I'll give you the benefit of my doubt, but I want you to answer a few questions before we move on:
#1. What are /were the basketball team doing to improve for this season? And please don't say playing in the backyard.
#2. Can you explain in DETAIL exactly what the basketball team was doing to get ready for the season?
And why is it "nonsense" to think a State title for Hamshire Fannett in 2015? Why is this "talking too big?"

Have you wallowed around as a loser for so long that you can't remember what it takes to be a winner or feel like a winner? Are you one of those parents that let your kid quit the team this year? Whats wrong with someone saying that by 2011, HF will have a good core group of players who can play basketball? You should be excited whats about to happen in a year and half or more. Don't get on me for being excited. Sure I know players move out and grades and girls come into play. When that happens, then I will re-evaluate. But for now, HF has the potential to rule 23-A in the near future. And sir (miss?), you need to check your negative vibes and find a winning spirit in your heart.  :-*
[/quote]

I DO have a winning spirit in my heart, but NOBODY has proved ANYTHING yet so why am I going to sit here and say that some kids are going to win state in 4 to 6 years? That's foolish. And to answer your question, the basketball team has been playing basketball for the past year because they've been in basketball athletics. They have improved and that is an honest statement.

And let me ask you, sir, what are these kids doing to improve themselves? They need to get a team together and play the AAU circuit and play some teams with some really good talent besides the Little Dribbler nonsense. That would make them get better as a team and get out of SETX and play new opponents. Just a tip.
[/quote]Basketball athletics??? I almost didn't get into this conversation with you because I already had my guess about your experiences. I'm going to leave this conversation alone because you don't want to continue this subject with me. Peace ;)

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="705145" timestamp="1258055122"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg705132#msg705132 date=1258053470]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg705114#msg705114 date=1258051597]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg704993#msg704993 date=1258044034]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I DO have a winning spirit in my heart, but NOBODY has proved ANYTHING yet so why am I going to sit here and say that some kids are going to win state in 4 to 6 years? That's foolish. And to answer your question, the basketball team has been playing basketball for the past year because they've been in basketball athletics. They have improved and that is an honest statement.

And let me ask you, sir, what are these kids doing to improve themselves? They need to get a team together and play the AAU circuit and play some teams with some really good talent besides the Little Dribbler nonsense. That would make them get better as a team and get out of SETX and play new opponents. Just a tip.
[/quote]Basketball athletics??? I almost didn't get into this conversation with you because I already had my guess about your experiences. I'm going to leave this conversation alone because you don't want to continue this subject with me. Peace ;)
[/quote]

Ok. Have fun with your 2nd graders.
[/quote]2nd graders? Can you count? Students who are graduating in 2011-2015 are not 2nd graders. ::) ::)

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="705341" timestamp="1258070646"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg705244#msg705244 date=1258062568]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg705145#msg705145 date=1258055122]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60587.msg705132#msg705132 date=1258053470]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60587.msg705114#msg705114 date=1258051597]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok. Have fun with your 2nd graders.
[/quote]2nd graders? Can you count? Students who are graduating in 2011-2015 are not 2nd graders. ::) ::)
[/quote]

I was exaggerating, similar to what you're doing.  ;D
[/quote]Gonna have to download you a book by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (sp?); "The Power of Positive Thinking."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder