Barbers Hill VS. Goose Creek Memorial Prediction

BH will open it up more that 4 points IMHO. 2-3 TD's should be the margin in this game with BH on top. I have only seen GCM play once this year and that was last week. #21 was the only player able to move the ball against Crosby. Both teams looked bad in that game, so it was hard to get a feel for what to expect from either team. If Dayton or Crosby didn't bring a little reality to the Patriots then maybe BH will. BH beat this team 52-7 last year the only difference is that they are a year older and the BH team last year that laid the wood had the worst record of any BH team for the last 10 years. To overcome this in one year by GCM would be amazing! I hope its a good game, But GCM better Pray for bad weather and 10 BH turnovers ::)

:'(

I talked to a guy I work with who lives in Spring about the KP vs BH game. He's not a big football fan but he took his kids to the game because they had never been to a HS game. Not sure how they ended up in Humble but, his take on it was, and I quote,"They looked like they were in slow motion, both teams". Just thought I would throw that out there, by the way he had no idea what district or team i was associated with.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH will win this one, but not by the kind of margin as last year....GCM is improved , and well coached, but BH has group of Seniors that have been playing  together for years, and good support cast of Sophomores and Juniors that are determined to clinch a playoff spot this Friday, a very unselfish team....BH wins this one 27 -13... "Rangers boy" kicks two thru the uprights....and a PAT.....Both Larson and Viverette are two of the better QB's in the area so it should be fun, unless the rain totally washes things out...Viverette's numbers are impressive..Hey if the weathers too bad, don't make any Saturday plans....

Guest Ranger83

what i like most about larson and viverette is that they play hard every down ahead or behind. they are two good kids the kind you want on your team. i think bh has more team unity than gcm does.

It helps to be from a "one school" town. They play on the same teams starting at an early age. The Jr High runs the same schemes. Wow! Wouldn't THAT be nice!

BH over looks this one looking for the Crosby/Dayton games coming up and loses by 7

$200, Alex for what is an incorrect answer.

Eagles roll !  ;)

So, using my "Recognized" GCCISD education, the question is "What is an incorrect answer?". Your "correct" answer to that question for $200 is "Eagles roll!" Me likes!

"Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.â€

No no no....your doing that reeverse thing again.  ;D ;D

Its not only about playing with each other from an early age, you also have to get a group of kids who actually care about winning.

Yep, I have noticed over the years that a team that is familiar with winning doesn't lose its composure when they turn the ball over, or get a bad call or make a big mistake. It takes a team time and experience to learn you can overcome those obstacles. This is one of the benefits of experienced players on a team.

Guest Ranger83

Its not only about playing with each other from an early age, you also have to get a group of kids who actually care about winning.

You can not be serious! You really think that someone who puts in the time and energy to be a high school football player does not want to win! That's the most asinine thing I have ever read (or posted) on this forum! They my not know "how" to win, but I assure you that they "want to"  and "care" about winning!

You are saying that they get their butts kicked and it does not bother them! BS!

Guest tigersvoice

You can not be serious! You really think that someone who puts in the time and energy to be a high school football player does not want to win! That's the most asinine thing I have ever read (or posted) on this forum! They my not know "how" to win, but I assure you that they "want to"  and "care" about winning!

You are saying that they get their butts kicked and it does not bother them! BS!

Welcome to the forum Tiger38.  I just noticed that you are our newest member.  Didn't take long for Ranger83 to jump your on case

did it?  You'll learn that there are some real self-appointed experts on the forum with you.  You'll also learn who they are and who are not.  That's the fun part.  Anyway, welcome. 

Guest Ranger83

Welcome to the forum Tiger38.  I just noticed that you are our newest member.  Didn't take long for Ranger83 to jump your on case

did it?  You'll learn that there are some real self-appointed experts on the forum with you.  You'll also learn who they are and who are not.  That's the fun part.  Anyway, welcome. 

In no way am I claiming to be an expert. But I will guarantee you that not one young man is practicing and preparing day in and day out to lose!

GCM will be a good and possible great team in the future! They have the talent pool to do so, it just takes time! BH has 80 years of history and achievments to pull pride from! They did not become a good program over night and either will GCM. As the years go by they will get better and better and start developing some tradition untill then it's an up HILL (No Pun intended) struggle. Good news is it only gets harder from here ;D

Bring a crowd Baytown BH will be glad to have ya!!

it is not hard to have a tradition of winning when you are playing 1a, 2a and 3a ball. bh has had a much tuffer time in 4a.  and anyway most of the atheletes the hill has are transplants of parents who grew up in Highlands and Baytown. some how they move east a few miles and they forget where they came from.

it is not hard to have a tradition of winning when you are playing 1a, 2a and 3a ball. bh has had a much tuffer time in 4a.  and anyway most of the atheletes the hill has are transplants of parents who grew up in Highlands and Baytown. some how they move east a few miles and they forget where they came from.

When we were successful in 1,2 and 3A guess what ???we were 1, 2 & 3 A!!! I'm sure there are teams in these classifications that are not successful or with your genius "it isn't hard", so everyone must be great in these classes ??? BH went undefeated their first year in 4A during the regular season and lost by 3 points to a good Central team. And still are very competitive in every sport and UIL competition in 4A. You can down play THE HILL all ya want and we are happy to recieve "transplants" they come here for a reason!

Lots of Northshore and Channelview folks there also.

Was your post supposed to make any sense  ???

In no way am I claiming to be an expert. But I will guarantee you that not one young man is practicing and preparing day in and day out to lose!

In GCM's defense, they are a young squad and it takes time to develop that bond, tradition, comraderie etc...

Surely not everyone from GCM has your barnyard way of thinking?

When we were successful in 1,2 and 3A guess what ???we were 1, 2 & 3 A!!! I'm sure there are teams in these classifications that are not successful or with your genius "it isn't hard", so everyone must be great in these classes ??? BH went undefeated their first year in 4A during the regular season and lost by 3 points to a good Central team. And still are very competitive in every sport and UIL competition in 4A. You can down play THE HILL all ya want and we are happy to recieve "transplants" they come here for a reason!

BHfan, AMEN BROTHER!!!!  Why don't GCM or any Baytown school for that matter, run over and play that little 2a Newton team or little 3a WOS team, and find out how sorry some of these smaller schools really are?

Sorry Ranger83, didn't know you knew how kids felt.  I guess you've never heard of "going through the motions", but trust me, there are tons of kids who show up too two-a-days, and the entire year, and yes, I know they want to win, but when things go bad, and they feel they are going to lose you can tell. And when I say "care about winning" I am talking about not being able to lose the game and laugh and joke about it on the bus ride home.  It happens everyone, the times are changing, kids just flat out don't care as much.

Just about the stupidest statement I've seen on SETXSports.com...and thats saying a lot. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83