*Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

Guest JoesBros

Guest pirates

It sounded to me listening on here that no one on that football field could breathe heavy because if they did they got some type of penalty called on them  If them boys could have played some football and those refs not called everything in the book this game would have been different.  Both teams got blasted by penalties.  It was not more Lumberton or more Vidor from what I heard.  I honestly do not see why all the hatred and ugliness between the two places.  I grew up down there and went to school at one of them and let me tell you "we" have not always been as good as we are now.  The main reason that I pulled for Vidor was after reading so many nasty comments (Ex. calling the Pirates the "snuff gully boys?")  PLEASE!!!  I did not see any nasty comments aimed at Lumberton before that comment, if so, please tell me the post # and I will stand corrected.  To both places there are more good people on here than bad so don't think all Lumberton people or Vidorians are all alike.  I have said my peace!  Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!

We also heard some comments about Vidor people being inbreds.  My dad is from Alvin, OK and my mon is from Alexander, LA, I think it is hard for me to be an inbred.  ;D  It's like any where else, you have a few bad apples in every town.  I know a lot of people from Lumberton and they are classy.

Good post TNTITANS.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

Some teams may take advantage of it but yours sure didn't.Man talk about a crybaby!!!

The parking at Vidor is worse.  Give me a break. As far as the game goes we lost the game because of our mistakes.  All the penalties, that one big fumble, and of course the missed field goals. We gave you that game.  I would not be surprised if yall lose another game or two in district.  Your defense needs a lot of work and you can't win district just being a one dimensional team.  Other teams will take advantage of this.

Some teams may take advantage of it but yours sure didn't.Man talk about a crybaby!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ........ yeah we took advantage ....... we showed ya'll that that high powered O isn't all that high powered!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ........ yeah we took advantage ....... we showed ya'll that that high powered O isn't all that high powered!

High powered enough to win. Thats all that matters.

Looked powerful to me in the third and fourth. All you guys had to do was stop that 1 yard 4th down and you would have had another chance. What happened there?

The L-Train lost again to the pirates. I guess they have our number. Well same as last year the one lost and we were still co-district champs. I can say this we don't fumble the ball and we wouldn't lose the game. Good job Vidor in taking care of the gift we gave you.

Luckily there are other Lumberton fans on here with class... I feel sorry for the rest of them having to deal with someone like you... Good job Lumberton, shut down our running game in the first half... VERY physical game... 2nd half was fun to watch... Good luck the rest of the way

dont act like all vidor fans show great deals of class, every school has them so dont try to make lumberton look like the bad guy

I just want to make a point here. After the Central game we could have had a thousand excuses, but we took it as the loss it was and both sides showed class. This is rediculious! You guys need to learn to keep your heads up and have some class. I know there are alot of good people in Lumberton. I spoke to some after the game. But the crybabies on here need to have a reality check! "your mistakes cost you the game" Like Vidor had nothing to do with your mistakes! Give me a break. You lost we won. Get over it. I had allot of respect for the L-Train going into this, but these post on here are causing me doubts!

Looked powerful to me in the third and fourth. All you guys had to do was stop that 1 yard 4th down and you would have had another chance. What happened there?

Good point, PFL. That play was just as important as keeping us out of the end zone. We won that down and won the game.

Football is, simply put, one down at a time. Very good game IMO. But like I said before, I like defensive games better than shootouts.

the game is over and vidor won that's that. both teams played sloppy last night and we have to admit that. regardless we will can't ask ourselves WHAT IF the game had went this way would the Raider have wont? Truth is we will never know! The game wasn't a total give away and you know it! Both teams did great. And as for who has the better parking. who cares! I mean really! It's  stupid to argue over parking. 

Good post guy! It is tough to loose. We know this well. Last week still stings, but the reality is there is always next week. If you don't get over this week next week could be another disapointment! Central is fast and tough!  ;D

They are happy with a moral victory. They held our rushing game in check for the first half. To bad moral victories don't count in the standings

No they are not happy at all. I hope the team does not have this attitude otherwise Central will have a big night!

They are happy with a moral victory. They held our rushing game in check for the first half. To bad moral victories don't count in the standings

No they are not happy at all. I hope the team does not have this attitude otherwise Central will have a big night!

We know how to win ...... L-Train is class ....ya"ll beat us last year ....where were you at the end of the season ....... we all ways  have our heads high ..... don't get mad ..... win District!

We know how to win ...... L-Train is class ....ya"ll beat us last year ....where were you at the end of the season ....... we all ways  have our heads high ..... don't get mad ..... win District!

Were not mad we won!! That class you talk about just will not acknowledge it without excuses.Look at your post for an example.

I just read all of the comments since my last post.  First of all, I was stating the facts. I'm not being a cry baby when I'm admitting our mistakes lost us the game.  Vidor took advantage of our miscues and that is why they won. They scored 14 points (remember this is an offense that was averaging close to 50 points per game).  One of the tds came from our fumble on our end of the field. Yes, we lost but how can you say we did not shut down this "high powered offense"?  It will probably be their lowest total of the season.  Our defense played their hearts out.  Nobody can deny that.  I think all you Vidorians are sore winners.  This game is over it's time to move on.  Yall need to worry about Ozen now and we will get back to work and focus on Central.  And to the guy who said he lost respect for Lumberton followers after reading all of this.  Go back and read some of the stuff your fellow pirates wrote.  All of their comments have only shown to us why Vidor has the reputation that it has.

I just read all of the comments since my last post.  First of all, I was stating the facts. I'm not being a cry baby when I'm admitting our mistakes lost us the game.  Vidor took advantage of our miscues and that is why they won. They scored 14 points (remember this is an offense that was averaging close to 50 points per game).  One of the tds came from our fumble on our end of the field. Yes, we lost but how can you say we did not shut down this "high powered offense"?  It will probably be their lowest total of the season.  Our defense played their hearts out.  Nobody can deny that.  I think all you Vidorians are sore winners.  This game is over it's time to move on.  Yall need to worry about Ozen now and we will get back to work and focus on Central.  And to the guy who said he lost respect for Lumberton followers after reading all of this.  Go back and read some of the stuff your fellow pirates wrote.  All of their comments have only shown to us why Vidor has the reputation that it has.

And what reputation is that? Elaborate please. I tell you what my take is on some L-ton posters on here. They have that we are better than everyone reputation.Last week we there was a thread that went 10 pages or more dogging the facilties over at Livingston and low and behold we show up in Lumberton and what do we find? A field with no hash marks,scoreboard that wouldn't be allowed on a peewee field and a PA sytem donated from the closed down drive in movie theater.I geuss thats how L-Town got there reputation.

the game is over and vidor won that's that. both teams played sloppy last night and we have to admit that. regardless we will can't ask ourselves WHAT IF the game had went this way would the Raider have wont? Truth is we will never know! The game wasn't a total give away and you know it! Both teams did great. And as for who has the better parking. who cares! I mean really! It's  stupid to argue over parking. 

Good post guy! It is tough to loose. We know this well. Last week still stings, but the reality is there is always next week. If you don't get over this week next week could be another disapointment! Central is fast and tough!  ;D

Your right PFL, its tought to lose and the raiders have to forget about losing this one, fix the mistakes (the fumble, the missed fgs, the bad snaps to the quarterback and to the holder, and most definitely all the penalties which stopped the drives) and be prepared for Central next week.

Your right PFL, its tought to lose and the raiders have to forget about losing this one, fix the mistakes (the fumble, the missed fgs, the bad snaps to the quarterback and to the holder, and most definitely all the penalties which stopped the drives) and be prepared for Central next week.

And I hope you guys can do just that! I have nothing against any shcool in the area. You guys will do well in the weeks to come. I honestly can't say who will win next week because L-Train and Central are both good teams. It is football, I know everyone says "it's High School football" but after watching the Cowboys and Romo the last few years you never know what will happen in football at any level! Let's quit going back and fourth on this. We won bottom line. Next year you guys may blow us out or we may win again, but this game is over. There has to be a winner and a loser in every game. Next week hopefully we will both be on the winning side since we are not playing each other again. It will be interesting to see who comes out ahead. Sounds like that game should be game of the week!

Re: *Vidor At Lumberton/Vidor wins 14-11/comments

« Reply #175 on: Today at 04:20:25 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounded to me listening on here that no one on that football field could breathe heavy because if they did they got some type of penalty called on them  If them boys could have played some football and those refs not called everything in the book this game would have been different.  Both teams got blasted by penalties.  It was not more Lumberton or more Vidor from what I heard.  I honestly do not see why all the hatred and ugliness between the two places.  I grew up down there and went to school at one of them and let me tell you "we" have not always been as good as we are now.  The main reason that I pulled for Vidor was after reading so many nasty comments (Ex. calling the Pirates the "snuff gully boys?")  PLEASE!!!  I did not see any nasty comments aimed at Lumberton before that comment, if so, please tell me the post # and I will stand corrected.  To both places there are more good people on here than bad so don't think all Lumberton people or Vidorians are all alike.  I have said my peace!  Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!

I will have to AGREE that both sides played their Hearts out in this game. The Ref's was calling for both teams and YES the boys were afraid to breathe because they did not want more mistakes. AS FOR HAYLIV09 you do not know all VIDOR FANS, I am and I actually waited to tell the boys from Lumberton To keep their heads up and that they played well. PLEASE make sure who you are talking about. All VIDOR FANS ARE NOT RUDE AND IMPOLITE>

I enjoyed last night's game from the perspective of an outsider just looking for a good football game.  I was not disappointed.  My summary is:  (1)The referees were way too involved in ticky-tacky calls both ways.  It definately affected the flow of the game.(2)  The Raiders took it to the Pirates in the first half.  Vidor was fortunate to give up only 3 points (3) The Pirates took it to the Raiders in the second half.  The Raiders defense looked gassed and were giving up yards in large chunks. Had the game made it to overtime, my money would have been on the Pirates.  Great effort by both teams.  There is still a whole lot of football to be played before we have a clue as to how the playoffs are to shake out.  Good luck to both squads.  Also, good job to both groups of fans!  It was loud and resembled a play-off atmosphere !!

I just read all of the comments since my last post.  First of all, I was stating the facts. I'm not being a cry baby when I'm admitting our mistakes lost us the game.  Vidor took advantage of our miscues and that is why they won. They scored 14 points (remember this is an offense that was averaging close to 50 points per game).  One of the tds came from our fumble on our end of the field. Yes, we lost but how can you say we did not shut down this "high powered offense"?   It will probably be their lowest total of the season.  Our defense played their hearts out.  Nobody can deny that.  I think all you Vidorians are sore winners.  This game is over it's time to move on.  Yall need to worry about Ozen now and we will get back to work and focus on Central.  And to the guy who said he lost respect for Lumberton followers after reading all of this.  Go back and read some of the stuff your fellow pirates wrote.  All of their comments have only shown to us why Vidor has the reputation that it has.

yes you shut down our high powered offense very well but not when you really needed the big stops to keep us from going ahead

I'm disappointed by some of the retorts of the Raider faithful. I reserve judgment because I know the few big shots on here don't speak for the entire town. But 2 of my closest friends are former great Raider players, and even they can do simple "point/counter point" without sounding like babies.

I'm disappointed by some of the retorts of the Raider faithful. I reserve judgment because I know the few big shots on here don't speak for the entire town. But 2 of my closest friends are former great Raider players, and even they can do simple "point/counter point" without sounding like babies.

Why do Raider faithful have to be retarts ..... I hadn't seen none of these post call Vidor Faithful RETARTS ...... if you don't like what is said just do your ...... point/counter:point ........ LOL!  Come on don't get so serious!  Just show up every WEEK!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83