HD vs. Hardin Week 0 Predictions?

who wins this game  

72 members have voted

1. 1. who wins this game

• HD
    • HARDIN

Man, where have I been this summer?? Talk about some smack getting ran on a thread! But you know what, this is what Hull-Daisetta vs. Hardin is all about. As previously mentioned, it's a big rivalry game, and both teams show up with their A game, and it's usually a war. I talked to HD55 last night, and broke down my opinion to him. Hardin has talent, and alot of it. Minus Stelly and Pate, this is the same team that made a 2A playoff appearance last year, now with just more experience under their belt. HD lost proven leaders in stud RB Aaron Cook (who yes, did out-rush Stelly and Villamez combined last year), QB Sam Elliot who was a three year starter, and countless other seniors like Tre Dickerson, Scotty Gilmore and Yancy McCaully. Hardin on the other hand returns star RB Mitch Villamez, proven QB Myles Taylor, and explosive WR's like Hunter Davis. To top off HD's losses, their predicted starting QB Colby Huckabee transferred to Orangefield with his dad. If you look at all of the names and stats on paper, including Hardin having twice the enrollment numbers as HD, this one is a no-brainer. Hardin should take it to HD and never look back. You know what though, it probably won't happen because the Bobcats have two intagibles that cannot be coached, taught or stressed if it's not already present, and that is HEART and PRIDE. Hardin probably has 4 or 5 kids that may be better athletes than HD's best one, but it doesnt' matter. The last couple months, I have got to know several of this year's Bobcat team and I'm impressed with the fact that they are true bobcats, and know what it means to wear that uniform. I promise you when Friday night comes, and the bright lights shine upon the new Hornet field, HD will be ready, and they will will be as jacked up as you can possibly imagine. With the opening whistle, just like last year, Hardin will get hit in the mouth play after play by smaller, slower and less athletic kids wearing red and black all night long. That's what HD tradition is all about. We don't feel like we "can" win every game we play, we know we "will" win every game we play. Losing is not acceptable at HD, and you are groomed from a young age to understand this. The crime rate can be up, and the stock market down, but nothing matters in Daisetta except the Bobcats winning on Friday night. Like the old Aggie saying, we don't lose any games, we may just run out of time. This will be a battle as it always is, but I promise the Bobcats will show up and bring the hat. Hardin won't back down, as they are a talented well coached group of kids that knows how to win coming off last season. I can't wait for this game, and I hope everyone on this thread will be there to see this war. I'm not going to predict a score, I'm just gonna say let the best team win. Both teams bring it, and leave everything on the field. Good luck to both teams, and let's go BOBCATS!!!

LOL Bobcat55 said everybody hates Daisetta because they have the best athletes.  Which is it?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

In my personal opinion, "sinking land" verbal jabs at HD should stop once and for all. I don't particularly like Daisetta, but thats because of a terribly bogus traffic ticket I once got there. In any case, the sinking land issue is not the fault of any of the residents of HD, and the numerous jabs should stop. They can't be blamed anymore for the sinkhole than Sabine Pass could be for hurricane landfall. SP didn't cause a hurricane, and HD didn't cause a sinkhole. Lets give em' a break, for good.  :) 

In my personal opinion, "sinking land" verbal jabs at HD should stop once and for all. I don't particularly like Daisetta, but thats because of a terribly bogus traffic ticket I once got there. In any case, the sinking land issue is not the fault of any of the residents of HD, and the numerous jabs should stop. They can't be blamed anymore for the sinkhole than Sabine Pass could be for hurricane landfall. SP didn't cause a hurricane, and HD didn't cause a sinkhole. Lets give em' a break, for good.  :) 

Actually this is false. The sinkhole did not naturally happen. This was a man made problem that was caused by pumping "dirty mud" into a drill hole. This led to the salt dome breaking up and "sinking" the ground into the salt dome or drill hole. Now, some would blame the oil field services company that did the "dirty deed" (no pun intended). But I blame two ppl. The owners of the land and the surrounding because of the access of mineral rights and just the common knowledge of whats going on with your oil and gas. Second I blame the company that hired the oil field service comany. Why werernt they watching. There are lots of these types of companies in and around the Liberty area so I really doubt that this company was new to the area.

Guest ECBucFan

My premise is that the people of HD, (the average citizens), by and large, didn't cause it. That includes the school and football program. Might have been an individual or two, or a company, but not the average resident. I also believe there is a natural component to it, too. Thats how I feel.

I wasn't aiming the comment to anyone in this thread, either, I promise. I have noticed these jabs back since the event occurred.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a moderator or anything, I am just stating an opinion, nothing more. Also as mentioned, I am not particularly fond of Daisetta either, because of the traffic ticket ripoff. I just think they need a break on this. Thats all.  :)

Pantherplaya you were talking trash about Hardin at first, now you're all on their junk! What happened got tired of hearing it from the Hardin fans? Useful track? I seen hardin's track, that they finally got after having that dirt one for years, and it looks like maybe 4 lanes. Daisetta on the other hand has a brand new track that is I believe 6 lanes! And as far as getting shut down for academics, get your facts straight before posting something putting a school down.

Pantherplaya you were talking trash about Hardin at first, now you're all on their junk! What happened got tired of hearing it from the Hardin fans? Useful track? I seen hardin's track, that they finally got after having that dirt one for years, and it looks like maybe 4 lanes. Daisetta on the other hand has a brand new track that is I believe 6 lanes! And as far as getting shut down for academics, get your facts straight before posting something putting a school down.

I have my facts straight. Both Liberty and Hardin have been planning for the shutdown for some time now.

And I dont have a side in this Hardin/HD battle.

I've got an idea, this web site should gather all the treads from the beginning of the year till the end. Give out awards for the most insightful, funniest, meaningful, important, etc.

I think we have the current leader for the lamest.

I know, I'm guilty for following this nonsense too. It's for entertainment value only! I feel like a rubbernecker passing a head-on.

Man, where have I been this summer?? Talk about some smack getting ran on a thread! But you know what, this is what Hull-Daisetta vs. Hardin is all about. As previously mentioned, it's a big rivalry game, and both teams show up with their A game, and it's usually a war. I talked to HD55 last night, and broke down my opinion to him. Hardin has talent, and alot of it. Minus Stelly and Pate, this is the same team that made a 2A playoff appearance last year, now with just more experience under their belt. HD lost proven leaders in stud RB Aaron Cook (who yes, did out-rush Stelly and Villamez combined last year), QB Sam Elliot who was a three year starter, and countless other seniors like Tre Dickerson, Scotty Gilmore and Yancy McCaully. Hardin on the other hand returns star RB Mitch Villamez, proven QB Myles Taylor, and explosive WR's like Hunter Davis. To top off HD's losses, their predicted starting QB Colby Huckabee transferred to Orangefield with his dad. If you look at all of the names and stats on paper, including Hardin having twice the enrollment numbers as HD, this one is a no-brainer. Hardin should take it to HD and never look back. You know what though, it probably won't happen because the Bobcats have two intagibles that cannot be coached, taught or stressed if it's not already present, and that is HEART and PRIDE. Hardin probably has 4 or 5 kids that may be better athletes than HD's best one, but it doesnt' matter. The last couple months, I have got to know several of this year's Bobcat team and I'm impressed with the fact that they are true bobcats, and know what it means to wear that uniform. I promise you when Friday night comes, and the bright lights shine upon the new Hornet field, HD will be ready, and they will will be as jacked up as you can possibly imagine. With the opening whistle, just like last year, Hardin will get hit in the mouth play after play by smaller, slower and less athletic kids wearing red and black all night long. That's what HD tradition is all about. We don't feel like we "can" win every game we play, we know we "will" win every game we play. Losing is not acceptable at HD, and you are groomed from a young age to understand this. The crime rate can be up, and the stock market down, but nothing matters in Daisetta except the Bobcats winning on Friday night. Like the old Aggie saying, we don't lose any games, we may just run out of time. This will be a battle as it always is, but I promise the Bobcats will show up and bring the hat. Hardin won't back down, as they are a talented well coached group of kids that knows how to win coming off last season. I can't wait for this game, and I hope everyone on this thread will be there to see this war. I'm not going to predict a score, I'm just gonna say let the best team win. Both teams bring it, and leave everything on the field. Good luck to both teams, and let's go BOBCATS!!!

LOL Bobcat55 said everybody hates Daisetta because they have the best athletes.  Which is it?

HD does usually have better athletes than alot of schools similar in size. That's how they've been able to compete with larger schools like Hardin, East Chambers and Anahauc over the years. I personally think Hardin has the more athletic team this year. They bring back more experience and excellent speed. HD usually has the speed advantage over most of the teams they play, but that's not the case this year against Hardin, or I do not think so. When district comes, that will be evident. Hardin, Tenaha, and Kountze in my opinion is a great pre-district schedule which will matchup HD with teams similar to those they will face when playoff time comes. Just my .02 cents.

I've got an idea, this web site should gather all the treads from the beginning of the year till the end. Give out awards for the most insightful, funniest, meaningful, important, etc.

I know, I'm guilty for following this nonsense too. It's for entertainment value only! I feel like a rubbernecker passing a head-on.

Lamest being HD 55?

Lmaest being HD 55?

burn

Throw all intangibles out the window for this game, including: record-books, enrollment numbers, speed and athleticism.  This game boils down to one factor...who wants it most through 4 quarters of hard-nosed football.  I know from experience that no Bobcat wants to lose to a Hornet nor Oiler, and vice-versa.  Small town rivalries such as these is what makes Texas high school football second to none.  The best entertainment you can get on a Friday night for $5.  Best of luck to both schools in what should be a very interesting game.  And please stop with all the petty jabs about each other's community.  This forum is for the discussion of Hardin/H-D football game.

Throw all intangibles out the window for this game, including: record-books, enrollment numbers, speed and athleticism.  This game boils down to one factor...who wants it most through 4 quarters of hard-nosed football.  I know from experience that no Bobcat wants to lose to a Hornet nor Oiler, and vice-versa.  Small town rivalries such as these is what makes Texas high school football second to none.  The best entertainment you can get on a Friday night for $5.  Best of luck to both schools in what should be a very interesting game.  And please stop with all the petty jabs about each other's community.  This forum is for the discussion of Hardin/H-D football game.

The jabs add to it lol.

Indeed we have OldSkool but people on these boards don't like to bring up our history because it is the past (or maybe because of the success we have had) and to focus on the present....even though last year is as close to the present as we can get as far as games that have been played between the 2, and HD won that! So.....

Whats with this lol stuff.  Not much love in football.  This will be an intense football game with the team which gets the most breaks or has the least ammt of turnovers coming out on top.  Dont underestimate the bobcats.  They may have lost alot of players from last years team but they got Demsey back and have three new players not on last years team who will make a difference.  Just let the boys play and then we can talk.

Thank God and Jesus and Mother Mary, for someone finally shutting him up about HD winning a state championship. For the love of God it was a long time ago.

Thats the first time i have ever posted anything about HD winning state. Im not an HD fan by any means. I just thought the guy talking about Libetry Hardin and HD having to come to Dayton to get a sniff at one was saying that they would never win state. So i just brought up the fact that they (hd) already did. I dont care how long ago it was, the fact is they won it and it can never be takin from them.

Its funny how everyone is getting mad over this. Its just a message board! Relax!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder