HD vs. Hardin Week 0 Predictions?

who wins this game  

72 members have voted

1. 1. who wins this game

• HD
    • HARDIN

ALOT OF SMACK TALK FROM A  1A SCHOOL . THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL BEAT HARDIN  ;) ;)

We heard that crap last year. Guess who won !!! H-D WON !!! This ole 1A small school has a tradition of beating bigger schools. Last year all we heard on here was how Stelly and Villamez was gonna kill H-D. Aaron Cook rushed for more yards than Stelly and Villamez combined. Also that Bobcat defense was hitting Hardin in the mouth all night. H-D has always shut down Hardin's stars like Andre Fairley,John Ballew,Pat Reescano,Peanut Reescano, John Stelly and Mitch Villamez.

Good grief Villemez did not play the 3rd qtr and was hobbling in the fourth qtr. Yes he was cramping because he was out of shape. Your team was mainly seniors last yr and ours were soph's and juniors with 3 starting seniors. You scored your extra pts, we didn't. That was it. We scored the same td's as you, with a young team and without Hunter Davis. Guess what, Villemez is 20 lbs bigger and in shape and we are the senior team this year. Plus we have (team included) listened to idiots like you all year with your tasteless comments. This year we are planning to make a statement and I assure this, you will not like the outcome!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no problem with our losses to anahuac and kountze last year the better team one, on that night  but the one to H-D well lets just say that in my book if theres a knock on coach Haynes it's that he puts to little emphasis on the preseason games especially the the ones against cross-town rivals  the bobcats one and thats great, congrats. but if you were there like i was, you seen the Hornets  doing things like punting on third down and trying different plays in crunch time.    like i said yall one thats great, it was a close game.  but i feel that if we were just out for the W last year we would have pulled it out. 

Dude the water jugs on the bench must have blocked your vision. Both teams were slugging it out and nobody punted on 3rd down. Both teams showed up to play and both teams looked good. The rivalry is to serious to play like a scrimmage. You can't under this rivalry unless your a true Hornet or Bobcat. Coach Haynes is an awesome coach and would never call stupid plays. Most of the people on this thread were there in person and seen two teams striving for the victory. Never does a bigger 2A school want to start their season off losing to their rival a 1A school. Their season could spiral out of control.

ALOT OF SMACK TALK FROM A  1A SCHOOL . THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL BEAT HARDIN  ;) ;)

We heard that crap last year. Guess who won !!! H-D WON !!! This ole 1A small school has a tradition of beating bigger schools. Last year all we heard on here was how Stelly and Villamez was gonna kill H-D. Aaron Cook rushed for more yards than Stelly and Villamez combined. Also that Bobcat defense was hitting Hardin in the mouth all night. H-D has always shut down Hardin's stars like Andre Fairley,John Ballew,Pat Reescano,Peanut Reescano, John Stelly and Mitch Villamez.

Good grief Villemez did not play the 3rd qtr and was hobbling in the fourth qtr. Yes he was cramping because he was out of shape. Your team was mainly seniors last yr and ours were soph's and juniors with 3 starting seniors. You scored your extra pts, we didn't. That was it. We scored the same td's as you, with a young team and without Hunter Davis. Guess what, Villemez is 20 lbs bigger and in shape and we are the senior team this year. Plus we have (team included) listened to idiots like you all year with your tasteless comments. This year we are planning to make a statement and I assure this, you will not like the outcome!!

I got your idiot ''PUNK''!!! I really hope yall quit being a door mat and play ball. Please beat a little ole 1A team. So funny !!! Your suppose to win retard. OWNED !!! 43-6 since my Grandpa was a kid. Embarrassing !!!

I got your idiot ''PUNK''!!! I really hope yall quit being a door mat and play ball. Please beat a little ole 1A team. So funny !!! Your suppose to win retard. OWNED !!! 43-6 since my Grandpa was a kid. Embarrassing !!!

Add another tastless comment. I see why your Karma scale is +16/-144. Sure your homers are proud of you.  ;)

Guest baseball25

The only reason HD won that game was because Hardin's QB  wasn't as good as everyone thought  and he  got the opportunity to play qb because his dad was the DC for Hardin, Hardin makes a change at qb the last 3 games and goes 3-0 and avg 43ppg, and they killed Warren, Deweyville, and Buna and by the way beat buna like 48-7 something like that when BUNA was undefeated at the time, if Myles taylor was the qb agianst HD hardin wins if he was the QB against kountze HARDIN wins, anahuac was just more physical and  more athletic than Hardin last yr so the lost was a lost. Myles Taylor made a huge difference last yr at QB and coach Haynes made a great decison to make the change at that time. Still gotta give HD props they played there butt off last yr and they were a good team but this yr I say Hardin in blow out, and I will tell you why because this yr Hardin OFFENSE is the best yet and yes better than the one that had MARSH and NOLAN, This yrs team  has alot of weapons on the off side of the ball.

I went to the buna game and I gotta say myles impressed me, so did Mitch, but you can't take the win from h-d because both teams fought hard and gave us a great game to watch. But for the guy that said hardin didn't try to win, I gotta say that's bull! Any team that suits up don't go out on the field wanting to lose any game, especially a big time rivalry! Good luck to both teams this year I want a good, clean, hard fought game again this year!

Guest baseball25

Yep, you are right, HD won and they played a heck of a game and you can't take anything away from them, but there is no doubt in my mind that MYLES TAYLOR makes HARDIN a better team.

The only reason HD won that game was because Hardin's QB  wasn't as good as everyone thought  and he  got the opportunity to play qb because his dad was the DC for Hardin, Hardin makes a change at qb the last 3 games and goes 3-0 and avg 43ppg, and they killed Warren, Deweyville, and Buna and by the way beat buna like 48-7 something like that when BUNA was undefeated at the time, if Myles taylor was the qb agianst HD hardin wins if he was the QB against kountze HARDIN wins, anahuac was just more physical and  more athletic than Hardin last yr so the lost was a lost. Myles Taylor made a huge difference last yr at QB and coach Haynes made a great decison to make the change at that time. Still gotta give HD props they played there butt off last yr and they were a good team but this yr I say Hardin in blow out, and I will tell you why because this yr Hardin OFFENSE is the best yet and yes better than the one that had MARSH and NOLAN, This yrs team  has alot of weapons on the off side of the ball.

Where did Hardin's QB come from? Oh that's right HULL-DAISETTA !!! He was a Bobcat for most of his life. Also his dad and brothers were Bobcats, and damn good ball players. Guess Hardin's best chance of beating H-D is by having a former Bobcat at the helm. Great idea !!! We know how to grow'em !!!

Guest baseball25

Let me say this Coach haynes as groomed myles taylor pretty well, just like he groomed jordan nolan in 3 months of time..

It's really funny to me how everyone gets so fired up about this game.  I mean, you cant really call it a "rivalry game" because it's pretty one sided historically speaking.  You really have to be from the area to understand this particular game.  HD has a funny way of getting by with a win even when out numbered and lacking better players.  Dont get me wrong...I thinks its great for a team to get a win the first home game.  And I'm a huge fan of liberty county schools.  But this game is going to be more complicated than " whoever has better players will win".  And you really have to have been around to understand that. 

It's really funny to me how everyone gets so fired up about this game.  I mean, you cant really call it a "rivalry game" because it's pretty one sided historically speaking.  You really have to be from the area to understand this particular game.  HD has a funny way of getting by with a win even when out numbered and lacking better players.  Dont get me wrong...I thinks its great for a team to get a win the first home game.  And I'm a huge fan of liberty county schools.  But this game is going to be more complicated than " whoever has better players will win".  And you really have to have been around to understand that. 

This will be a game not to miss. Kinda like Texas vs Texas A&M, Alabama vs Auburn, Texans vs Cowboys, and the list goes on. This is one rivalry game you don't want to miss!

OK Marvin Elliot was conservative but Hardin by as much as they want.

He will get a chance to earn it I would think. But the new kids from Anahauc Issac and Jacolby Humphrey should get a chance also. I am glad these two players came back to H-D. Issac is a junior and super fast, runs a 4.4 forty. Jacolby is a senior and was a good defensive back for Anahauc last year. Both these kids will start both ways at key positions for H-D. Them along with H-D's best player Keith Gilmore and Dempsey will make H-D hard to beat.

He will get a chance to earn it I would think. But the new kids from Anahauc Issac and Jacolby Humphrey should get a chance also. I am glad these two players came back to H-D. Issac is a junior and super fast, runs a 4.4 forty. Jacolby is a senior and was a good defensive back for Anahauc last year. Both these kids will start both ways at key positions for H-D. Them along with H-D's best player Keith Gilmore and Dempsey will make H-D hard to beat.

Nobody in this district running a 4.4 that is olympic speed.  How many 4.4 did you see at the NFL Combine.

Nobody in this district running a 4.4 that is olympic speed.  How many 4.4 did you see at the NFL Combine.

just because someone is fast does not mean anything in high school football they also have to be big and skilled. Adriane Anderson from HD was one of the fastest guys in SETX but he didn't make much of an impact on the football field.

Nobody in this district running a 4.4 that is olympic speed.  How many 4.4 did you see at the NFL Combine.

You do not know football buddy. First of all you are kinda right about one thing, nobody ran a 4.4 in our district until now. The Humphrey kid that moved from H-D to Anahauc now back to H-D, runs a 4.45. I had an Anahauc coach tell me so. Now let me line you out rookie. 4.4 is not Olympic speed LMAO !!! Maybe 4.20 then we can start talking Olympic speed. Also the combine had alot of players that ran a 4.4-something. But the combine had only a couple of players that ran under a 4.40. For example a 4.20 or 4.30. I personally played with two players at H-D that ran in the 4.4's. John Slack and Anthony Eaglin. Ask around people around the county will confirm it. Both guys were tailbacks and also track guys. From your post "back in the day" I can tell you did not play football.

trust me i know football played for 8 years 4 years on varsity and 2 of those years i was all-state. that being said i never once ran a 40 in highschool that was'nt hand timed every 40 that these kids run are hand times from the coaches, the difference between a 4.4 and 4.6 is nothing and alot of these coaches stop it early or start it late so saying that these kids run true 4.4 is crazy Reggie Bush runs a 4.4 and i promise you he would leave any kid in this area standing still on the football field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245