AT&T National

today was his 68th career PGA title, putting him only 5 behind Jack on the career list.  he also has 36 wins on the European tour.  Jack had 0.  Tiger is only 33 years old.  Jack won 28 titles after he turned 33, so i'd say that Tiger's well ahead of his pace.  It's also worth mentioning that Tiger skips many, many tournaments a year, which means he'd probably already be well ahead of Jack if he chose to play even a slightly fuller schedule.  he also trains like a world class athlete, so i think he'll be effective and on top of his game far longer than Jack was, barring some unseen catastrophe.

today was his 68th career PGA title, putting him only 5 behind Jack on the career list.  he also has 36 wins on the European tour.  Jack had 0.  Tiger is only 33 years old.  Jack won 28 titles after he turned 33, so i'd say that Tiger's well ahead of his pace.  It's also worth mentioning that Tiger skips many, many tournaments a year, which means he'd probably already be well ahead of Jack if he chose to play even a slightly fuller schedule.  he also trains like a world class athlete, so i think he'll be effective and on top of his game far longer than Jack was, barring some unseen catastrophe.

He gets more convincing all the time. In Jack's defense, since you seem to enjoy rubbing someone's nose in it,  ;D he didn't play every tournament either. He was off designing courses, some of the best and trickiest in the world.

What makes Tiger so good to me, is that even when he does hit a bad shot and you think he should lay up, he cracks one to the green maybe even better than if he was in the fairway. He's also one of the best putters, which is what wins tournaments anyway.

Kim needs to learn the Cardinal rule that...."100% of the putts that you leave short, don't go in"

today was his 68th career PGA title, putting him only 5 behind Jack on the career list.  he also has 36 wins on the European tour.  Jack had 0.  Tiger is only 33 years old.  Jack won 28 titles after he turned 33, so i'd say that Tiger's well ahead of his pace.  It's also worth mentioning that Tiger skips many, many tournaments a year, which means he'd probably already be well ahead of Jack if he chose to play even a slightly fuller schedule.  he also trains like a world class athlete, so i think he'll be effective and on top of his game far longer than Jack was, barring some unseen catastrophe.

He gets more convincing all the time. In Jack's defense, since you seem to enjoy rubbing someone's nose in it,  ;D he didn't play every tournament either. He was off designing courses, some of the best and trickiest in the world.

What makes Tiger so good to me, is that even when he does hit a bad shot and you think he should lay up, he cracks one to the green maybe even better than if he was in the fairway. He's also one of the best putters, which is what wins tournaments anyway.

Kim needs to learn the Cardinal rule that...."100% of the putts that you leave short, don't go in"

very well said

I found it very odd listening to the announcers talking about how Kim grew up pretending he was Tiger draining putts to win the Masters and stuff like we used to do about Palmer and Jack.

I know he is the man and all but it is wierd to hear it like that because I am not that much older than he is and he is already a legend.

he will end up going way further than Snead did, he is only 14 wins away from that record and only 33, turns 34 in December. heck he could beat Jack's numbers by the end of the year if he keeps going like this year.

The European Tour started recognizing the U.S. majors in 1998 for it's schedule and money, and then  the WGC events when they came into existence in 1999.  Tiger has won 14 majors, 15 WGC events, and only 7 "true" European tour events.  Just clearing that up for you.

P.S. Wikipedia is amazing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami