Sarah Palin (continued)

Guest DickVitale

I don't even remember what this thread is about except that it has something to do with Govenor Palin of Alaska.  So, hoping that I'm not getting this thread locked, I'll espouse on the Lady from Alaska.  I was vaguely aware that there was a female in the gubernatorial office in Alaska before the national election of 2008.  Then she was thrust upon the scene as the VP running mate of John McCain.  That vetting job was shallow, biased and incomplete.  The lady is LOVELY - but she was hurried into a position that was way over her head and for which she did not possess the qualifications.  Let me say here that I think she is at least as qualified as Joe Biden to be the VP.  It's just that her gaffes were made out to be monumental, unqualified, stupid responses while Joe's were just reported as: "Well, that's ol' Joe for ya'."  And who did this to Ms. Palin.  Well, as we see, John McCain has turned out NOT to be a party friend or a friend of any sort.  In fact John can't put enough distance between himself and Sarah for him to get comfortable these days.  And then there was the media.  Aah, how we all love for the self-appointed cavalry/media to come charging in to tell us what we should be thinking and how we should be voting and while we are at it let's stomp on the pretty thing from Alaska before she gains any more attention.  Naive is not a deep enough word to describe Sara Palin's attitude towards the media in the presidential race of 2008.  I'm no politician, but there's no way in you know where that I'm letting Katie Couric within 800 yards of me for an interview unless Katie bought the only ticket that I had for sale that put several dollars into my campaign chest.  Sarah thought that the female kindred spirit would come out in her talks with Katie.  What came out was, well, Katie Couric.  Ms. Palin actually thought that the networks, the papers, the everything reporting everything were going to treat her fairly.  And did they?  It's rhetoric, you don't have to answer.  So, after getting throughly embarrassed on the national scene, not to mention also getting a good butt kicking, Ms. Palin goes home to Alaska to be the Gov' and Mr. McCain goes back to Washington to be a Senator - all the while trying to get Sarah Palin, Saturday Night Live and Chris Matthews (who, by the way, has something running down his leg) out of his memory.  I bet the Senator would rather dream of his 5 year POW experience than recall the 2008 Presidential

campaign and election.  And now, and I'm certain that you all are grateful, for my last point regarding the lovely Ms./Gov. Palin.  Maam, as we say in Southeast Texas, you have screwed the pooch!  What were you thinking when you announced that you were cutting and running with over a year left on your initial gubernatorial term?  Do you really believe that people are going to be that sympathetic with you, no matter if the cause of your decision is your family, as to overlook the weakness in just bolting and running when the going gets tough?  I've never been to Alaska and don't know much about the Alaskan people.  But I know that they MUST BE a HARDY lot to choose to live there when there is so much warmth in other parts of our great nation.  I can envision them enduring hard times with a resolve that would make most of our nation just plain envious and I don't think that the Alaskan populace is going to like what you have done.  Nor, for that matter, do I think the national Republican constituancy is going to understand or embrace your

choice.  Ms. Palin, I for one thought you were truly a breath of fresh air on the political scene in 2008.  I shivered with you when they were beating on you.  I lit up when you were lighting up those crowds.  But I'm afraid you have had your one chance (unless you are a descendant of Richard Nixon, of course) in the national spotlight and you misplayed it.  Have a nice quiet life Ms. Palin and my best to your family.    

Where were you when this thread started? We could have done away with a lot of these stupid posts if you had come on here first. Nice post.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even remember what this thread is about except that it has something to do with Govenor Palin of Alaska.  So, hoping that I'm not getting this thread locked, I'll espouse on the Lady from Alaska.  I was vaguely aware that there was a female in the gubernatorial office in Alaska before the national election of 2008.  Then she was thrust upon the scene as the VP running mate of John McCain.  That vetting job was shallow, biased and incomplete.  The lady is LOVELY - but she was hurried into a position that was way over her head and for which she did not possess the qualifications.  Let me say here that I think she is at least as qualified as Joe Biden to be the VP.  It's just that her gaffes were made out to be monumental, unqualified, stupid responses while Joe's were just reported as: "Well, that's ol' Joe for ya'."  And who did this to Ms. Palin.  Well, as we see, John McCain has turned out NOT to be a party friend or a friend of any sort.  In fact John can't put enough distance between himself and Sarah for him to get comfortable these days.  And then there was the media.  Aah, how we all love for the self-appointed cavalry/media to come charging in to tell us what we should be thinking and how we should be voting and while we are at it let's stomp on the pretty thing from Alaska before she gains any more attention.  Naive is not a deep enough word to describe Sara Palin's attitude towards the media in the presidential race of 2008.  I'm no politician, but there's no way in you know where that I'm letting Katie Couric within 800 yards of me for an interview unless Katie bought the only ticket that I had for sale that put several dollars into my campaign chest.  Sarah thought that the female kindred spirit would come out in her talks with Katie.  What came out was, well, Katie Couric.  Ms. Palin actually thought that the networks, the papers, the everything reporting everything were going to treat her fairly.  And did they?  It's rhetoric, you don't have to answer.  So, after getting throughly embarrassed on the national scene, not to mention also getting a good butt kicking, Ms. Palin goes home to Alaska to be the Gov' and Mr. McCain goes back to Washington to be a Senator - all the while trying to get Sarah Palin, Saturday Night Live and Chris Matthews (who, by the way, has something running down his leg) out of his memory.  I bet the Senator would rather dream of his 5 year POW experience than recall the 2008 Presidential

campaign and election.  And now, and I'm certain that you all are grateful, for my last point regarding the lovely Ms./Gov. Palin.  Maam, as we say in Southeast Texas, you have screwed the pooch!  What were you thinking when you announced that you were cutting and running with over a year left on your initial gubernatorial term?  Do you really believe that people are going to be that sympathetic with you, no matter if the cause of your decision is your family, as to overlook the weakness in just bolting and running when the going gets tough?  I've never been to Alaska and don't know much about the Alaskan people.  But I know that they MUST BE a HARDY lot to choose to live there when there is so much warmth in other parts of our great nation.  I can envision them enduring hard times with a resolve that would make most of our nation just plain envious and I don't think that the Alaskan populace is going to like what you have done.  Nor, for that matter, do I think the national Republican constituancy is going to understand or embrace your

choice.  Ms. Palin, I for one thought you were truly a breath of fresh air on the political scene in 2008.  I shivered with you when they were beating on you.  I lit up when you were lighting up those crowds.  But I'm afraid you have had your one chance (unless you are a descendant of Richard Nixon, of course) in the national spotlight and you misplayed it.  Have a nice quiet life Ms. Palin and my best to your family.    

Where were you when this thread started? We could have done away with a lot of these stupid posts if you had come on here first. Nice post.

WHOS POST YOU CALLING STUPID!!!!    ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Mine, because he basically said what I wanted to say, but in a much more meaningful and in depth way.

hippy, you're cool with me. how about some karma points. it could be like 3rd grade.  ;D

Took care of your karma buddy.....and my last post was a total joke. I was just messin around.....I figured I could with you.  Keep up the good post and don't let a few people get ya down!

Guest tigersvoice

She's still dumb as a sack of rocks.  Media blame excluded.  The best form of disinfectant is sunlight in the case of less than compitant politicians

This dumb as a sack of rocks seems to one of your favorite expressions.  Rather that just throw these barbs out, tell us how many conversations you had with Ms. Palin and what did you use to make your "Dumb" assessment of her.  Well, let me guess; you've never spoken to her have you.  You did hear some of her speeches and some of her responses to questions.  The speeches were good - the responses were not.  Now answer this inquiry:  how do you feel you would have done being bombarded by the same people with the same questions.  I don't care if you answer me, but be truthful in your answer to yourself.  I'm not dumb, at least not as a sack of rocks, but I know that had the media been grilling me on the wide array of subjects that were thrown at Ms. Palin my responses would have indeed been sketchy at best and more probably uninformed pretty much across the board.  I certainly believe that she was uninformed and beyond naive (I've already stated that) in what she was expecting to take place.  But, as some of you are so quick to point out - this is a forum and you can state your opinion in any way that you want.  And with your continous use of the sack of rocks expression it causes me to wonder if we have a rock that is envious of a sack of rocks.  

She's still dumb as a sack of rocks.  Media blame excluded.  The best form of disinfectant is sunlight in the case of less than compitant politicians

This dumb as a sack of rocks seems to one of your favorite expressions.  Rather that just throw these barbs out, tell us how many conversations you had with Ms. Palin and what did you use to make your "Dumb" assessment of her.  Well, let me guess; you've never spoken to her have you.  You did hear some of her speeches and some of her responses to questions.  The speeches were good - the responses were not.  Now answer this inquiry:  how do you feel you would have done being bombarded by the same people with the same questions.  I don't care if you answer me, but be truthful in your answer to yourself.  I'm not dumb, at least not as a sack of rocks, but I know that had the media been grilling me on the wide array of subjects that were thrown at Ms. Palin my responses would have indeed been sketchy at best and more probably uninformed pretty much across the board.  I certainly believe that she was uninformed and beyond naive (I've already stated that) in what she was expecting to take place.  But, as some of you are so quick to point out - this is a forum and you can state your opinion in any way that you want.  And with your continous use of the sack of rocks expression it causes me to wonder if we have a rock that is envious of a sack of rocks.  

man, where have you been..........thats two great post today  ;)

Some people seem to get their point across without resorting to name calling. Another good post!

No, I didn't have a conversation with Ms Palin.  But Katie Curic(sp) damn sure did.  Mindless rambling then, as she did Friday on her getting out of dodge speach.  You boys just keep turning the volumn down and not actually listening to what she's trying to say.  But I'm not the only one.  There was a lady on Fox today saying how inarticulate she is.  George Will, Peggy Noonan, and others in the more thoughtful wing of the Republican party think she comes up wayyyyyyy short intellectually.  The only one on that side of the party who has her back is Bill Kristol--one of those chicken hawks who probably suffers from Mark Samford syndrome---he just hasn't try to get with SP just yet.  Btw, the lady on Fox said SP was a prime example of somebody who used their looks/beauty to get ahead in life.  Nobody won't admit that she said, but she had the stones to do so

You are using logic and that don't fly with the left.

oooh,  that's a new one.          ::)

She's still dumb as a sack of rocks.  Media blame excluded.  The best form of disinfectant is sunlight in the case of less than compitant politicians

5. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

And how dare you bring up logic! I think you need to stay away from this topic (logic). You will not win.

::)

Sarah Palin was a bit out of her league in the campaign. She did not have nearly enough national experience. That doesn't make her wrong, it simply makes her unpolished. In truth, she can give a canned speech with the best of them. Anyone that doesn't think that she can read a speech and give it very effectively either has not seen her do so or is blinded by politics. What Sarah Palin lacks is the skill of impromptu speaking when she has no clue what she is talking about. A good politician has never let a lack of a truthful answer stop anything. They simply talk around the question. Palin does not have that ability. Ask her about hunting or fishing and she could probably hold her own unprepared. Unfortunately for her, she was running for the Vice President of the USA and not a new sports show on ESPN2.

That is not her fault however. She is what she is. I don't think that any of her critics in this forum or most people in the country could do any better. The fault lies with the guy that picked her. McCain was far enough behind that he knew he needed something huge to make a comeback. He rolled the dice with Palin and he lost. She did not lose the election for him. Some people act as if he was leading in the polls and she destroyed it for him. Not hardly.

What I find interesting is that Palin can obviously give a prepared speech with the best in the business. She has great timing, voice inflection and expressions. When asked to speak about something off the cuff that she isn't prepared for, she stumbles and looks ill prepared for the job. Sound like anyone else that we know? Maybe some community organizer without his teleprompter?

She's still dumb as a sack of rocks.  Media blame excluded.  The best form of disinfectant is sunlight in the case of less than compitant politicians

5. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

And how dare you bring up logic! I think you need to stay away from this topic (logic). You will not win.

Can you at all times name everything you read.  What if that was an honest answer?  Whatever is in front of me? 

But no, you guys on the left just cannot admit that anyone on the right could have some intellect and you end up looking the fool.  Keep it up.  ;)

Sarah Palin KILLED McCain's already LOW possibility of becoming president during the election.  She IS really dumb and naive. Bearbryant, you wanna put her in a debate against our president? Obama would chew her up and spit her out...Too easy. She is not even in the same league with Joe Biden, let alone Barack Obama.  You guys on here like her because she is nice to look at, but the fact is, she was a anchor in the republican campaign.

You are probably right about this but one thing that also helped Obama get elected is the things he promised which have not happened since he as been elected, he told the sheeple what they wanted to hear and now he is doing whatever he wants with the help of  congress.

Sarah Palin KILLED McCain's already LOW possibility of becoming president during the election.  She IS really dumb and naive. Bearbryant, you wanna put her in a debate against our president? Obama would chew her up and spit her out...Too easy. She is not even in the same league with Joe Biden, let alone Barack Obama.  You guys on here like her because she is nice to look at, but the fact is, she was a anchor in the republican campaign.

You are probably right about this but one thing that also helped Obama get elected is the things he promised which have not happened since he as been elected, he told the sheeple what they wanted to hear and now he is doing whatever he wants with the help of  congress.

Who are the "sheeple" 77?  Is that a name you call anyone that voted for Obama?

Guest tigersvoice

She was a GOVERNER. What do some of you people do?

So she got involved in politics, and got herself in the right circle....I am not impressed by that at all....She is still who she is.....An attention seeking idiot!

Dickie V, remember the old school yard retort:  "It takes ONE to know ONE."?  Aptly applied here.  Stick to basketball.

Sarah Palin was a bit out of her league in the campaign. She did not have nearly enough national experience. That doesn't make her wrong, it simply makes her unpolished. In truth, she can give a canned speech with the best of them. Anyone that doesn't think that she can read a speech and give it very effectively either has not seen her do so or is blinded by politics. What Sarah Palin lacks is the skill of impromptu speaking when she has no clue what she is talking about. A good politician has never let a lack of a truthful answer stop anything. They simply talk around the question. Palin does not have that ability. Ask her about hunting or fishing and she could probably hold her own unprepared. Unfortunately for her, she was running for the Vice President of the USA and not a new sports show on ESPN2.

That is not her fault however. She is what she is. I don't think that any of her critics in this forum or most people in the country could do any better. The fault lies with the guy that picked her. McCain was far enough behind that he knew he needed something huge to make a comeback. He rolled the dice with Palin and he lost. She did not lose the election for him. Some people act as if he was leading in the polls and she destroyed it for him. Not hardly.

What I find interesting is that Palin can obviously give a prepared speech with the best in the business. She has great timing, voice inflection and expressions. When asked to speak about something off the cuff that she isn't prepared for, she stumbles and looks ill prepared for the job. Sound like anyone else that we know? Maybe some community organizer without his teleprompter?

Voice inflection? You think thats a positive for her? You guys are worse off than I thought. Man, you have lost all credibility with me. It's going to take a miracle for you to win back your credibility for the liberals on this forum. :D

Voice inflection? You think thats a positive for her? You guys are worse off than I thought. Man, you have lost all credibility with me. It's going to take a miracle for you to win back your credibility for the liberals on this forum. :D

He wasn't holding that as a reason to vote for her. He was just saying that she's a good speech giver. So is our current President. That doesn't mean that we're going to vote for him.

Can you at all times name everything you read.  What if that was an honest answer?  Whatever is in front of me? 

But no, you guys on the left just cannot admit that anyone on the right could have some intellect and you end up looking the fool.  Keep it up.   ;)

Yo bearbryant, what newspapers do you read?  bears' answer:All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years."  Now this sounds dumb and stupid even if bearbryant was answering the questions :D

He wasn't holding that as a reason to vote for her. He was just saying that she's a good speech giver. So is our current President. That doesn't mean that we're going to vote for him.

Now I see what the problem is: You guys are thinking with the wrong head.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder