Sarah Palin (continued)

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

Lets just see if we can't do this again....or it will prove my theory to be correct. Lets continue the thread people......Carry on!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickie, you should know by now from reading some other threads that i'm a liberal democrat.  that thread wasn't locked because anybody was being "out-debated".  i don't like sarah palin.  i made that clear early in the thread.  the fact of the matter is that the thread was getting out of hand.  mud slinging, name calling, sexual innuendo, and a great deal of hostility all factored into my decision to lock the thread.  nobody is going to stop anyone from giving their opinion on this site, as long as they abide by site rules.  i counted 4 separate site rules broken in the few hours that i was away on that one particular thread.  there were too many implied curse words, innapropriate comments, derogatory comments, abusive comments, and sexual innuendos for me to waste my time trying to go back and edit the thread.  this is why i locked it.  i could care less if you feel like SFA was winning a debate against the conservatives.  that had no role in my decision to lock the thread.  that being said, if the same thing happens in this thread, i'll lock it again.

Dickie, I made a comment that Palin is an attractive woman (she has won some contests). It certainly doesn't mean I have a crush on her. It's just a personal observation.

Just about all politicians are scripted, and when some have to talk off the cuff, they can come off as stupid. This is not unusual and certainly not the first time. Ronald Reagan was not a gifted speaker, and he is one of the more beloved Presidents. I think Palin being brought in was a shock and surprise to everyone, including her. I think the grueling pace and awe of the entire circumstances was overwhelming and she was just not ready for it. I still hardly classify her as stupid or dumb.

Why she left the governor's office is a mystery. I have read that she may be under some type of investigation. If she comes up 'dirty', I will be the first to chastise her.

There, that was pretty civil.  ;D

Dickie, you should know by now from reading some other threads that i'm a liberal democrat.  that thread wasn't locked because anybody was being "out-debated".  i don't like sarah palin.  i made that clear early in the thread.  the fact of the matter is that the thread was getting out of hand.  mud slinging, name calling, sexual innuendo, and a great deal of hostility all factored into my decision to lock the thread.  nobody is going to stop anyone from giving their opinion on this site, as long as they abide by site rules.  i counted 4 separate site rules broken in the few hours that i was away on that one particular thread.  there were too many implied curse words, innapropriate comments, derogatory comments, abusive comments, and sexual innuendos for me to waste my time trying to go back and edit the thread.  this is why i locked it.  i could care less if you feel like SFA was winning a debate against the conservatives.  that had no role in my decision to lock the thread.  that being said, if the same thing happens in this thread, i'll lock it again.

Well said

I will prove your theory to be correct, and could care less.  One out of line comment and this will go along with the others,  I hope that is clear.

You are such a terrific moderator Mr. SETX Sportsbroadcaster....You are doing a bang up job, dude...Keep up the good work. ::)

I got you bullets, and real good post baddog....seriously.

First time I have EVER gave DickVitale a positive KARMA point!!

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sarah Palin.  She made a personal decision and I respect that.  She is a beautiful woman and I think that its complete jealousy how some feel they have to bash that.  There aren't a lot of pretty women in politics.  Don't see any good looking ones on the left side.  

That said.  She was doing a great job as governor.  Selling the plane and firing the cook was an excellent example of fiscal prudency.  We need more like her in American politics.

i'm not going to give Palin too much credit for selling the plane.  the fact that the previous governor likely lost his re-election bid DUE to the fact that he bought the plane probably played a considerable role in her decision to sell it, rather than being fiscal.  if i won a public election largely because my opponent had wasted a vast amount of public funds buying an unneccesary item, i'd probably make selling said item one of my first moves as well.  she likely would've kept it had it not been such a point of contention amongst voters.  McCain tried to say that she sold it on E-bay for a profit.  in fact, The jet was placed on eBay for sale, but it wasn't purchased from the site. The plane was eventually sold through an aircraft broker to businessman Larry Reynolds for less than the asking price and the original cost.

also worth noting:

Palin didn’t fire the chef, instead transferred her to the Republican state legislature to cook gourmet meals in their legislative lounge. ANOTHER SUGAR-COATED LIE — Designed to portray her as a reform (CHANGE) minded candidate.  This means that while she didn't continue to receive gourmet meals at home, her decision saved the tax-payers approximately $0.00.  i don't know much that speaks to having a better fiscal concious than other politicians.  .

Guest tigersvoice

I will prove your theory to be correct, and could care less.  One out of line comment and this will go along with the others,  I hope that is clear.

You are such a terrific moderator Mr. SETX Sportsbroadcaster....You are doing a bang up job, dude...Keep up the good work. ::)

I got you bullets, and real good post baddog....seriously.

First time I have EVER gave DickVitale a positive KARMA point!!

Lets just see if my positive karma can reach 200 before my negative reaches 300! People on here give me negative karma for logging on!! :D

And, as it should be! 8)

You know...I've read and reread some of the threads in question (that have been locked on here) and I don't think any side makes any more personal attacks and name-calls any more than the other.  It's kind of like people fighting, or playing a sport, etc....the first attack usually goes under the radar, but the retaliation is usually the one that really gets looked at.  What's good and fair for one should be good and fair for all.  I do some one-sidedness when it comes to threads being locked, but if you are going to start timeouts...just be fair about them.  The rules are brought up when it's convenient.  If you are going to enforce the rules...there needs to be some consistency.  I think the most important thing I ever learned on the job was...be firm, fair, and consistent.  It's nice because it can be applied to almost every situation. 

You know...I've read and reread some of the threads in question (that have been locked on here) and I don't think any side makes any more personal attacks and name-calls any more than the other.  It's kind of like people fighting, or playing a sport, etc....the first attack usually goes under the radar, but the retaliation is usually the one that really gets looked at.  What's good and fair for one should be good and fair for all.  I do some one-sidedness when it comes to threads being locked, but if you are going to start timeouts...just be fair about them.  The rules are brought up when it's convenient.  If you are going to enforce the rules...there needs to be some consistency.  I think the most important thing I ever learned on the job was...be firm, fair, and consistent.  It's nice because it can be applied to almost every situation. 

It's pretty hard to tell who started the name calling now because some of the moderators HAD to edit some post. The edits were because of at least one person who crossed the line.  Its hard for me to believe you cant see that.

I think bullets and the rest of the moderators are doing a great job policing this site.  If you disagree, please exercise your freedom and post somewhere else.

Well I still think SP is dumb and can't speak in complete sentences.  Alaskans are good at driving the Dalton(Ice Road Truckers)but not too bright on picking Governors.  But there's a group of Alaskan Seperatist(which she was a part of) that probably put her over the top.  Bottom line for 2012:  She quit on Alaska period.

Well I still think SP is dumb and can't speak in complete sentences.  Alaskans are good at driving the Dalton(Ice Road Truckers)but not too bright on picking Governors.  But there's a group of Alaskan Seperatist(which she was a part of) that probably put her over the top.  Bottom line for 2012:  She quit on Alaska period.

that's well done.

You can never know what her reasons were.  She was doing an excellent job as governor.  Not too many have 95% approval ratings like she did. 

I applaud her for her career and her accomplishments. 

Its embarrassing how those on the left always want to think that they are the only ones that have any intelligence.  She's obviously a very smart lady, but since you don't agree with her you say she's dumb.  How sad. 

B.O. isn't looking to smart now is he? 

I agree with a lot of Palins views, but she does not express herself as well as she should to be on a national platform. I DO believe she has been treated with more harshness than any other candidate, male or female on this level. Politics is a game where the opponent may be discredited, but there was no fair play here at all. Folks in the media went after her and her family in a way that I've not seen before and I hope to never see again.

Evidently you didn't read the first Sarah Palin thread. 

I agree with a lot of Palins views, but she does not express herself as well as she should to be on a national platform. I DO believe she has been treated with more harshness than any other canidate, male or female on this level. Politics is a game where the opponent may be discredited, but there was no fair play here at all. Folks in the media went after her and her family in a way that I've not seen before and I hope to never see again.

Heck our President can't express himself without a teleprompter.  He couldn't even have a real town hall meeting.  The people he called on were from the DNC!

Even Helen Thomas (who is as liberal as they come) was tearing into him for controlling the media. Said its never been this bad. 

She is pro life and the extreme left has and never will understand her taking Trig to full term.

yes and they were utterly tasteless in their attacks on her for having that baby.  

I don't agree with Obama on most of the issues but to me his kids are off limits.  He's got two beautiful girls and they should be left alone.  That wasn't the case with Palin's kids. 

And no, SFA-- her keeping the baby as well as welcoming her oldest daughter does not put her family values down the drain. It shows the high famliy values that she has. 

It's pretty hard to tell who started the name calling now because some of the moderators HAD to edit some post. The edits were because of at least one person who crossed the line.  Its hard for me to believe you cant see that.

I think bullets and the rest of the moderators are doing a great job policing this site.  If you disagree, please exercise your freedom and post somewhere else.

th...I really don't recall ever saying that the "liberal" side (as you like to write) hasn't name-called.  Re-read the post dear or don't because honestly, you are only going to get what you want to get out of it going in to it.  Sure you believe that they are doing a great job...again, my point is to be fair and non-one-sided.  I do disagree and I do post elsewhere.  I usually like the sports threads, but being that golf (that I only watch when Tiger plays) and baseball (that I only watched when my kids played)...so, it's a tad bit boring right now.  Good thing I don't wait for people to tell that I can exercise my freedoms...LOL 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline