Will the announcement in OF cost Hull-Daisetta their starting QB?

I was reading Dave Campbell's entry for Hull-Daisetta when I happened upon the name of the projected quarterback, Corey Huckabay, who started at cornerback in 2008.  Is Corey the son of the purported new coach in OF, Brian Huckabay?  What does this do to Coach Slack's offensive scheme?

And has Orangefield found their new starting quarterback?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the son have to wait out like any other athlete that transferred?

No.

Actually the answer is YES!  If Coach Huckaby does not live in the school district with his son then he would have to sit out a year.  However, if Coach Huckaby and son live in the district then he is eligible.

Guest BKJ85

No.

Actually the answer is YES!  If Coach Huckaby does not live in the school district with his son then he would have to sit out a year.  However, if Coach Huckaby and son live in the district then he is eligible.

As long as the Father is an employee of the district the child does not have to sit out a year.

No.

As long as the Father is an employee of the district the child does not have to sit out a year.

Ask UIL......  They will tell you to sit out if you do not live in the district!  Although he is looking to move to O'field.

not if he has a parent working in the district.

just like kids in elementary school go to the district their mom teaches in.... dayton has tons of those.

Ask UIL......  They will tell you to sit out if you do not live in the district!  Although he is looking to move to O'field.

just like kids in elementary school go to the district their mom teaches in.... dayton has tons of those.

The kids in elementary don't play UIL sports though. I tried looking it up and it said that the school could have some exceptions, so who knows?

The kids in elementary don't play UIL sports though. I tried looking it up and it said that the school could have some exceptions, so who knows?

I thought about that... same principle though. The parent teaching in the district negates the idea that a student is switching schools for "athletic purposes" though.

Not 100% sure of this, but if a senior student transfers he/she is not eligible to play varsity level sports.  Being a senior, they are also not eligible to play JV sports. 

It's my understanding that if someone transfers (not moving to the district) they must sit out of varsity level one year.  If they move into a district, there's a "sit out period" but it's for a couple weeks, then they can play varsity level, unless they move during the summer.  In that case, there is no "sit out period".    I THINK!!!

Bottom line, IMO, the kid better have an OF address to play this year.

This is the hidden content, please

Eligibility for Athletic Contests

are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,

live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),

have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,

have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and

were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.

Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa