Will the announcement in OF cost Hull-Daisetta their starting QB?

And for the guy comparing the HD vs OF scores and the Evadale vs OF scores in those years, I ask why? Because if you are trying to compare that to get an idea of what the head-to-head would've been you should've went to the scrimmage between HD and evadale in '02 when we beat them in evadale by like 4 td's and coach barbay still made us run sprints for not winning bad enough, too bad we didn't get to play a real game against them.

I can't speak for anyone else...I was just curious.  Not disputing or arguing anything...just asking.  You can't look at "who beat who by how much" in a current year to determine how you're teams match up, there's too many variables.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were jv games and the scores are wrong.

Wow 55 do all the research you want but those are varsity scores!!! However I did see conflicting scores in the 2002 game...one source had the game 12-0 but others had it 20-0 and that's what I remember the score to be, so...

Very Very impressive history. To have a string of shut-outs like that is simply amazing. I bet it felt like no one would ever score against them. The seem to have been down the last 20 years or so as far as playoff runs go. I think I only saw once that they had went deeper than the first round. But all in all...great historic program.

Very Very impressive history. To have a string of shut-outs like that is simply amazing. I bet it felt like no one would ever score against them. The seem to have been down the last 20 years or so as far as playoff runs go. I think I only saw once that they had went deeper than the first round. But all in all...great historic program.

Thanks. Still dominate this area. But your right. 43 straight wins national record for a long time. Also only gave up one TD in a whole season. 1979 STATE CHAMPS !!! Best tradition around here except for WOS !!!

Thanks. Still dominate this area. But your right. 43 straight wins national record for a long time. Also only gave up one TD in a whole season. 1979 STATE CHAMPS !!! Best tradition around here except for WOS !!!

I almost spewed coke all over my screen.

I guess you forgot about them Newton Eagles. 

Oh and let me add PNG, Jasper.

Hull who?

I love who people like to hate cuz they don't have the TRADITION! Tradition being the key word, come on now, a NATIONAL record winning streak that stood for years and is still like #6 on the list! Plus the record for consecutive shutouts, tell me your school has these type of records or is in top 10 in any category nationally all-time? It's the past but that's why he said TRADITION!!!!!!!!

I love who people like to hate cuz they don't have the TRADITION! Tradition being the key word, come on now, a NATIONAL record winning streak that stood for years and is still like #6 on the list! Plus the record for consecutive shutouts, tell me your school has these type of records or is in top 10 in any category nationally all-time? It's the past but that's why he said TRADITION!!!!!!!!

Are you saying that NEWTON doesn't have the tradition?  Tradition being the key word, come on now. 

Not hating here.  Just laughing at the bozo who thinks that everybody fears, hates, or respects Hull D.  Most of us couldn't care less. 

Are you saying that NEWTON doesn't have the tradition?  Tradition being the key word, come on now. 

Not hating here.  Just laughing at the bozo who thinks that everybody fears, hates, or respects Hull D.  Most of us couldn't care less. 

I got your bozo ''punk''. This 6'4 330lbs Bobcat would love to see you in person. But for the record Newton has a great football tradition, one of the best in this state along with many others like WOS and H-D.

I almost spewed coke all over my screen.

I guess you forgot about them Newton Eagles. 

Oh and let me add PNG, Jasper.

Hull who?

Just take a look pal.

This is the hidden content, please

well if HD is so dominant then why do they only have 1 state championship and that was a lifetime ago. HD's football program cant even be mentioned in the same sentence as WOS, Newton, and Jasper, heck not even with Burkville because all of these schools year in and year out make deep runs in the playoffs and occasionally win the big one, Hull with the exception of 20 years ago very very seldom make it out of the first round. I wouldn't call that dominant

What about PN-G, WOS, or Jasper...does anyone know how many they have won?

PNG...State Champs        Runner-UP

1953                      1954

1955                      1977

1975                      1999

WOS...State Champs          Runner-Up

1986                       1988

1987                       2000  

Jasper...                           Runner-Up

PNG were also runners-up in 1999.

I would have to say looking at that PNG has the best tradition around. I don't know much about Newton but if they have 3 state titles they are right there as well. WOS is right there as well. Sorry HD55 not saying HD doesn't have a great tradition because I've never lived out there or know a whole lot about their school...but I wouldn't say they have the best. However, it does seem like they have put up amazing numbers in the past and do have a great tradition. Just not the best imo.

Hull-Daisetta won for years by hiring only Roughnecks and Roust-abouts and other folks related to the emerging Oil Field industry.  Recruitment at its finest LOL.  If you did not have a boy or two that was not a good football player then you could not get a job around H-D.

The rules had to be modified because White Oak, Daingerfield, and H-D were fielding enough recruits to beat ALL of the biggest schools in Texas; that did not major in football recruiting.

Today that is about over; however, WO-S has refined the art in a subtle way getting Louisiana recruits and many others in smooth recruiting-- mainly at the 8th and 9th grade entry levels.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder