Will the announcement in OF cost Hull-Daisetta their starting QB?

This is the hidden content, please

Eligibility for Athletic Contests

are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,

live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),

have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes,

have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and

were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.

Schools may adopt stricter standards for eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities

A lot of latitude is given by those rules.

My prediction.... The kid will not/does not have to sit out with his dad working in the district regardless of what his address is (if he even transfers). IMO... His dad working there is a much more legit reason than what goes on all over the state with kids "moving in" with the aunts, uncles, etc. using their address, and getting to play sports.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my son is transferring from bc to wos and will be a junior this year,my wife works for woccisd and we DO NOT LIVE IN THE DISTRICT... he was told he would have to sit out one year of varsity and was eligible for jv.

so if this incorrect, please let me know!

my son is transferring from bc to wos and will be a junior this year,my wife works for woccisd and we DO NOT LIVE IN THE DISTRICT... he was told he would have to sit out one year of varsity and was eligible for jv.

I'm just making a prediction...when the dust settles on this thing, I believe we'll see that it doesn't matter if the parent is employed by a district or not.  If the home address for the student is outside the district, he/she is a transfer and all transfer rules apply.  again, JMO.  We have several kids going to school where I live with parents being employed by the district.  Every year we have to approve a transfer list and those kids with employed parents are on the list to be approved with all other transfers.

I guess someone will figure it out one way or another soon enough, interesting topic though. 

back when my sister and i was in high school we lived in baytown but my mom worked in liberty school district...we had went to school and lived in liberty growing up but both of us had moved to baytown schools...when she entered high school she transfered back and went back to liberty school while living in baytown, the UIL allowed her to play varsity tennis as a freshman in liberty with no problems...i dont know if she had to get a waiver or not but she actually transfered back to baytown for one semester (mom had health problems) and played varsity for them before we actually moved back to liberty and she finished out there....the UIL may have allowed it because my sister actually went to liberty schools for most of her school life except for 7th and 8th grade and she transfered back as soon as my mom got hired into the district, but it never was a problem for us...

the rules read (if the ones posted on here are correct) where the UIL is allowed to grant a lot of lead way, and it also gives them the opportunity to interpret them more strictly for certain sports and not as much for others...that is probably the wrong way to do it but if u have a kid transfer to a school that plays tennis like my sister it doesnt make a big splash, if you have a football player transfering then its likely to draw some attention....

I'm just making a prediction...when the dust settles on this thing, I believe we'll see that it doesn't matter if the parent is employed by a district or not.  If the home address for the student is outside the district, he/she is a transfer and all transfer rules apply.   again, JMO.   We have several kids going to school where I live with parents being employed by the district.  Every year we have to approve a transfer list and those kids with employed parents are on the list to be approved with all other transfers.

I guess someone will figure it out one way or another soon enough, interesting topic though. 

I guess my concern is a little different than OF... being WOS is an open district does losing one year of varsity apply? Being an open campus you can live wherever and still attend.

This will change a few minds as to the way the district will pan out this year. Having to replace the QB at HD will make them have to look else where to fill the position. That likely means a younger student and it is tough to place a sophomore into that position. Especially since HD plays propably the toughest pre district schedule of any team in 23A.

Something like this could shake up the playoff predictions, big time!

Heard he is staying to graduate with his friends. Enjoy his senior year and not have to be the new kid on campus. Bobcat to the end.

55,  how reliable is your source?  If he stays in HD that will surely be in the cats favor being that they would not have to spend time bringing someone up to speed.

is he good enough to be the starting QB at OF?

Trust me, if he can start for the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats, then he can most definitely start for Orangefield. Huc will be the best athlete on the Orangefield team.

Not so fast my friend...we have some athletes at Orangefield. We're also glad to add another one to the mix...welcome Huc!!! But believe me he's going to have to make a big adjustment coming from a 1A school to a 3A school and I'm sure he knows that. But for you to say he's going to be the best athlete on the team is way off!!!

Wow.....HD must be a powerhouse !!!!    lol

As a matter of fact yes. H-D has one of the best winning traditions in SE Texas. From the 1930's to current times H-D has won many state championships and district championships. H-D most of the time dominates their district. Props to Evadale last year. Great team.

is he good enough to be the starting QB at OF?

Trust me, if he can start for the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats, then he can most definitely start for Orangefield. Huc will be the best athlete on the Orangefield team.

Not so fast my friend...we have some athletes at Orangefield. We're also glad to add another one to the mix...welcome Huc!!! But believe me he's going to have to make a big adjustment coming from a 1A school to a 3A school and I'm sure he knows that. But for you to say he's going to be the best athlete on the team is way off!!!

The biggest adjustments he will have, going from H-D to Orangefield is from a winning program to a lossing one. Trust me he will help the program and start at QB. But dont know if he will be able to help them win. That is yet to be seen.

Wow.....HD must be a powerhouse !!!!    lol

As a matter of fact yes. H-D has one of the best winning traditions in SE Texas. From the 1930's to current times H-D has won many state championships and district championships. H-D most of the time dominates their district. Props to Evadale last year. Great team.

just because he was the best player at HD doesnt mean that he will be the best athlete on the team at OF. yes maybe back in the day HD was a powerhouse but in the past 10 years they are far from a powerhouse. i can't even remember the last time that HD dominated thier district because thier last two district championships one of them they were tri district champs and the other one was two years ago and they had to come from behind to beat WH for the district championship. WH has as many district championships as HD does in the last 7 or 8 years so i wouldnt say that HD dominates thier district.

HD=1A...enough said. Not the same as 3A and up

i agree with what you say 1A as a whole is not what 3A and up is but i have seen plenty of football all classes and i can tell you that the top 3 or 4 players on a good 1A team are just as good as any 3A, 4A guys. now I'm not saying that about this kid because i have never seen him play but i have seen HD play and year in and year out usually the best player on their team is good enough to play at any 3A school in the state

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder