Astros fans read this

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

I didnt realize the Astros were the only team in MLB that didnt allow fans to bring food or drink into the ballpark.  The only excuse Drayton comes up with for this, is that its "Houston tradition".  Thats a pretty weak excuse.  I think Drayton has been a pretty good owner for the most part, and i do think he wants to win, but for a guy who wants to win he is way too worried about the bottom line.  And while he wants to brag about ticket prices, they have gone up a few times in the last 5 years.  5+ years ago, tickets were probably among the lowest in the majors, but now they are probably at or above league average.  I go to usually 6-10 game a year, but reading stuff like this, and the astros playing as badly as they are, makes me less interested in going to games.

I went to the astros game yesterday vs the Cubs.  Me and a friend wanted to buy the all you can eat thursdays tickets, since we saw at the game and online that the prices on all you can eat thursdays were reduced to 20 bucks.  I tried to buy tickets online though, and when i went to check out, it said the tickets were 35 bucks.  The next day the ad was pulled off the site, so we called the box office to ask about getting the 20 dollar promotion.  They said the 20 dollar promotion wasnt supposed to be run that early and it wasnt supposed to run for a couple weeks, and they just laughed.

On a side note, i sat down the left field line yesterday and came the closest i've ever come to catching a foul ball.  Michael Bourn hit a lazy foul ball that was coming right toward me.  I got a finger on it, but the guy above me caught it.  I heard i was on TV for a while on that play.  I had friends who didnt know i was at the game texting me about it.

Drayton McLane is a good owner compared to John McMullen, but that is as far as I'll go. I used to go see the 'stros 5-6 times a year when they were at the 'dome. When they moved into the new stadium he JACKED up all prices and SLASHED payroll. I've been a little pissed since. Every now and then, he'll want to win and turn loose a few bucks, usually to no avail. Then he reigns in payroll. They try to pick players out of the junk pile and usually do good (Pudge, Randy Wolf, etc.) but when the players pan out and deserve more money, they dont re-sign them(see R. Wolf). I'm a long suffering Astros fan but I'm more likely to watch from the recliner these days.

The only foul I ever caught bounced off a womans head. I had to give her the ball. That game wasn't even televised.

I always eat before or after the game.....

$4 for a bottle of Dasani water( You can get a case for $3.99 at the store.)

$4.25 for a bag of peanuts

$5.50 for a large coke

I can't afford to eat or drink at the game. I remember bringing food into the Oilers games at the 'Dome.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83