Lebron James lack of sportsmanship after game 6

Guest DickVitale

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spinks

Are you serious?  Because the guy didnt go shake the other teams hands........COME ON!!!! All this shows is how big of a competitor he is.  He doesnt get a bunch of techs.........he is clean off the court...............and you are worried about him not shaking peoples hands after a frustrating loss............It is kind of refreshing to me to see someone have some passion about the game rather than just a big smile after getting your butt beat!

Guest spinks

In the grand scheme of things it is not that big of a deal.  We have people in the NBA doing a lot worst things than this.

Are you serious?  Because the guy didnt go shake the other teams hands........COME ON!!!! All this shows is how big of a competitor he is.  He doesnt get a bunch of techs.........he is clean off the court...............and you are worried about him not shaking peoples hands after a frustrating loss............It is kind of refreshing to me to see someone have some passion about the game rather than just a big smile after getting your butt beat!

I think I agree w/ you Spinks on this one. I've never understood the shaking of hands w/ someone who just beat you. You do not see this in MLB....winning players just shake their teamates hands. I do think the league will fine him though.

Guest DickVitale

So you are saying that a guy of his stature does not have a responsibility to be professional even in defeat? Win or lose, you should ALWAYS be a professional...MJ never stormed off of the court or refused to talk to the media during those years when Detroit was beating them in the East Finals..No excuse...He was wrong for his actions...Its really NOT THAT big of an issue, but, he WAS wrong for showing poor sportsmanship with millions of impressionable kids looking on, watching his every move..

Spinks, I have to disagree with you here. I realize that it is not that big of deal and that there are bigger problems in the NBA. But, it's the little things like shaking an opponents hand after defeat that shows the quality of one's character. Too me, it looked like he was pouting about the loss and didn't want to have to face anyone. You would have never seen Jordan, Bird, Magic or any of the other greats do that. You can have passion for the game but still look a man in the face when defeated.

Also, it does not show how big a competitor he is, just shows that he can't handle a big loss as well as others. Bird was as big a competitor as they come, but he would still look you in the eye and say "job well done" after a loss.

I give LeBron a pass on this because he is still learning everything about being a great player and he is still very young. But don't totally excuse him of this behavior. If you don't think nothing is wrong with this, then you have suprised me.

i don't think it's that big of a deal, and i can go either way on this one.  yes, it's a touch of poor sportsmanship, but at the same time i DO think to an extent it shows how much he cares about winning.  how often do we see the team that just lost giggling and hugging and shaking hands with the team that just beat them, not showing a care in the world about the loss.  all that said, i would have preferred to see him shake hands, THEN not speak to the media.

Guest DickVitale

Just show some class....thats all..Lebron is a good guy in the NBA, so I guess thats why his actions were so shocking to many.

Guest spinks

My point is that Lebron NEVER does this.  He does it one time at the end of a season where expectations were SKY HIGH!!! It would be different if this KID did this all of the time but he does not.  One mistake and he gets completely ridiculed.  I am the biggest Bird fan of all time but Bird did much worst than this.  He took losses tougher than anyone early in his career.  He called teamates out and walked straight to the locker room SEVERAL times.  All I am saying is there are bigger fish to fry!

Guest stevenash

Dickie-  Am surprised you would criticize Mr. James and, at the same time, be so defensive whenever someone brings up the varied behavior problems over the years of Mr. Jackson.

My point is that Lebron NEVER does this.  He does it one time at the end of a season where expectations were SKY HIGH!!! It would be different if this KID did this all of the time but he does not.  One mistake and he gets completely ridiculed.  I am the biggest Bird fan of all time but Bird did much worst than this.  He took losses tougher than anyone early in his career.  He called teamates out and walked straight to the locker room SEVERAL times.  All I am saying is there are bigger fish to fry!

He did it last year too, iirc.

Guest DickVitale

stevenash, wrong is wrong...When Jack did wrong he was ridiculed, especially by you SE Texas folks, but Lebron acted like a baby after losing the other night and I think you know that....MJ, Bird, Magic, nor KOBE would have ever acted like that...OK, they usually don't shake hands in the NBA, and I get that, BUT not talking to ANYONE? That just surprised me coming from him.

Guest spinks

stevenash, wrong is wrong...When Jack did wrong he was ridiculed, especially by you SE Texas folks, but Lebron acted like a baby after losing the other night and I think you know that....MJ, Bird, Magic, nor KOBE would have ever acted like that...OK, they usually don't shake hands in the NBA, and I get that, BUT not talking to ANYONE? That just surprised me coming from him.

Wrong is wrong????  Tell me your not serious.  Tell me you are not comparing what Jack has done to the things Lebron did.  Please tell me I read this wrong or misinterpreted it!!!

Guest DickVitale

I am not comparing what he did, I was making the point that he was ridiculed too...Lebron should have talked to the media at the very least...Jack did much more serious acts than Lebron ever thought about doing, but what Lebron did Saturday was just wrong..It was not THAT major, but still wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124