WO-S School Board FINAL RESULTS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the people are satisfied with the way things are going.   :o

As much as folks disagreed and got up in arms last fall, you can only agree with that statement.  The next time the folks at WOS want to throw a fit about an issue they need to fault themselves for the low turnout.  They could have made a change.

You are correct, the people that didn't get out and vote, can no longer complain.  It was close and they could have made a difference.  Every vote counts.  Another thing that I think hurt Guillory was the late entry of Mrs. Bellfield, I think that she swayed some of the votes that would have gone his way.  People in Orange are just so familiar with her name, because of her past political positions.  It is a shame, a change was really needed.  I just hope that the current school board members don't try to ruin athletics even more, because of the KFDM interview with the track coach and kids. 

You are correct, the people that didn't get out and vote, can no longer complain.  It was close and they could have made a difference.  Every vote counts.  Another thing that I think hurt Guillory was the late entry of Mrs. Bellfield, I think that she swayed some of the votes that would have gone his way.  People in Orange are just so familiar with her name, because of her past political positions.  It is a shame, a change was really needed.  I just hope that the current school board members don't try to ruin athletics even more, because of the KFDM interview with the track coach and kids. 

Knowing her last political position and how she handled it shouldn't have pulled votes for her. She wanted a car and a driver just because she was the Mayor of Orange. Are you kidding me? I'm not sure the people are satisfied with who is in there. I think maybe they just weren't happy with the options that were put before them.

The people of Orange have no right to complain if they are going to keep putting the same people on the board. I told Coop awhile back if things didn't improve I'd throw my hat in ring. There is at least three people that need to be voted off the board, the three that continuely vote against WOS athletics. I think I'll file for it, the next time seats are up.

this is the bad part folks.its sad when you have school board members that will not even come out on eny sporting events.these people  refuse to support these kids that work there hearts out and try to be the best thay can be,and for the pride of there school

Let me begin by saying that I and every other voter who voted AGAINST these two men DO HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN because we did vote.  Like I stated before, it looks like we'll be witnessing the puppet show for at least another year. 

And, I do think that Mrs. Bellfield's entry hurt Erick's ability to win one of the two seats.  No disrespect intended because I don't really know what Mrs. Bellfield's about.  Of course, I voted for one of the two incumbents thinking that he would be FAIR, not even one-sided for either side...and, I have been appalled at the board meetings that he has actually been on time to. 

I try not to think that people are selfish enough to place their personal differences, agendas, etc. vs. the athletic program before what is best for the kids, but after some of what I have seen of late...I have to say that one or more individuals on this board have some serious issues with someone or something related to the athletic department.  I hope that it is not something trivial like an issue with their child and a sport or coach.

As I have said numerous times, these coaches have been many of these kids father figures, positive figures, etc.  I cannot say that for the board members.  I thought that at least one of them was a good role model to look up to, but I guess I was wrong.  These board members need to take a good, hard look at EVERYTHING that every coach in every sport at every level brings to this school district...I promise that they keep our enrollment numbers higher than they might be without them.  Far cry from the "genius-wannabe" who has suggested  banning students who do not pass the TAKS from UIL/extracurricular events.  I ASSume he thinks that the parents do not have sense enough to realize that this really hurts athletes more than anyone because from my experience, most parents in academic or fine art extracurricular events are more involved and readily available than the athletes. 

The part that you are missing is that you are just one vote and it is very difficult to "change" things with just one voice.  People will always complain but when it comes right down to it most are not willing to put themselves on the line, it is much easier to judge those that are willing to participate.

The people of Orange have no right to complain if they are going to keep putting the same dumb***** on the board. I told Coop awhile back if things didn't improve I'd throw my hat in ring. There is at least three people that need to be voted off the board, the three that continuely vote against WOS athletics. I think I'll file for it, the next time seats are up.

Tell us who you are then!

this is the bad part folks.its sad when you have school board members that will not even come out on eny sporting events.these people  refuse to support these kids that work there hearts out and try to be the best thay can be,and for the pride of there school

I see some of them at sporting events but I can tell you that I was at the Athletic awards banquet and Ricky Jacobs was the only board member in attendance.

The part that you are missing is that you are just one vote and it is very difficult to "change" things with just one voice.  People will always complain but when it comes right down to it most are not willing to put themselves on the line, it is much easier to judge those that are willing to participate.

No, trust me, I am not MISSING any PARTS.  One does not have to serve on a school board to put his/herself on the line just as being on the school board does not ensure that you will ensure that programs that are as influencing (if not more) on keeping some kids in school can function properly.  Most who have disagreed with the school board have no issues letting them know our opinions.  In fact, I think that most of us participate in various ways with the kids coming up...more than most of the board members. 

One vote = one voice = one goal = change

We may not have won this round, but our willingness to participate will not stop trying. 

P.S.  You wouldn't happen to be one of the puppets, would you?  Trying to be slick?  ;)

I live in West Orange and used to teach at the High School and Middle School. I know the people on the board and have had to deal most of them. I know some members on the board have a dislike for Coach Hooks, for petty reasons, and like show their power every once and awhile. I teach and coach at another school district close to Orange. If I were on the board, yeah, I would be pro athletics, but importantly I would be pro education. WOCCISD has to get their test scores up and stop the Exodus from the district.

i look at it this way,sports is a after school thing you (MUST PASS TO PLAY ) and its up to the teachers  to see and do there best to get every kid to (PASS and MAKE GOOD GRADS). no matter if thay play sports are not. if the teachers cant do this  the school board must take action agnest some of the teachers and thay will not do that i dont think.the school board is only after one thing  and we all have read about it . if i am out of line on this post tell me 

i look at it this way,sports is a after school thing you (MUST PASS TO PLAY ) and its up to the teachers  to see and do there best to get every kid to (PASS and MAKE GOOD GRADS). no matter if thay play sports are not. if the teachers cant do this  the school board must take action agnest some of the teachers and thay will not do that i dont think.the school board is only after one thing   and we all have read about it . if i am out of line on this post tell me 

Teachers can not always get every kid to pass, thats just crazy. jmo

i look at it this way,sports is a after school thing you (MUST PASS TO PLAY ) and its up to the teacher's to see and do there best to get every kid to (PASS and MAKE GOOD GRADS). no matter if thay play sports are not. if the teachers cant do this  the school board must take action agnest some of the teachers and thay will not do that i dont think.the school board is only after one thing   and we all have read about it . if i am out of line on this post tell me 

It's the teacher's responsibility to provide every student with the best opportunity for them to succeed in the classroom.  It is NOT "up to the teachers" to see that every kid passes.  There are a lot of variables mixed into each kids situation.     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012