WO-S School Board FINAL RESULTS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah get off the couch and get the majority of the community involved. things might get better if not blah blah blah

My guess is you have no idea who is on or off the couch. The people on this board are off the couch. You cant make other adults be responsible their ship has sailed.

Well I don't live in the WOCCISD district, and don't have kids that go there so I don't have a dog in this fight. But as I grew up in the cove and went to West Orange schools all 12 years, its troubling to see a once mighty, and proud school be brought down to such levels.  I did make it to 2 home football games this past year, and was amazed at how small our numbers have become. Sure I knew we have dropped to 3A (we were 5A when i went there) so I knew it would be different, but still was a little shocked.  Even the crowd was smaller and ALOT  quieter than they used to be.  I can remember games against TJ, PN-G, Nederland where the stadium literally schook. I don't know the answer to stop all the people from leaving, and don't know what will get ALL athletic programs back to where they should and need to be, but SOMETHING  needs to be done. I admit I personally seen a little, but have read a lot and WOS just appears to be in an all around sad, sad situation.

Well I don't live in the WOCCISD district, and don't have kids that go there so I don't have a dog in this fight. But as I grew up in the cove and went to West Orange schools all 12 years, its troubling to see a once mighty, and proud school be brought down to such levels.  I did make it to 2 home football games this past year, and was amazed at how small our numbers have become. Sure I knew we have dropped to 3A (we were 5A when i went there) so I knew it would be different, but still was a little shocked.  Even the crowd was smaller and ALOT  quieter than they used to be.  I can remember games against TJ, PN-G, Nederland where the stadium literally schook. I don't know the answer to stop all the people from leaving, and don't know what will get ALL athletic programs back to where they should and need to be, but SOMETHING  needs to be done. I admit I personally seen a little, but have read a lot and WOS just appears to be in an all around sad, sad situation.

That about sums it up.

THIS HAS ME STUMPED.i see all the new houseing going up on S.HW87 a HW 105.most of you that live in pinehurst have seen this and  off MLK dr ,and most all of them now are full  :o :o. friday when i was at the du pont credit union i asked what was going on with all the new building going on ,and i was told this is not the end of it more to come.and all this time i was told people were moveing out , to me it dont look like it someone tell me whats up 

THIS HAS ME STUMPED.i see all the new houseing going up on S.HW87 a HW 105.most of you that live in pinehurst have seen this and  off MLK dr ,and most all of them now are full  :o :o. friday when i was at the du pont credit union i asked what was going on with all the new building going on ,and i was told this is not the end of it more to come.and all this time i was told people were moveing out , to me it dont look like it someone tell me whats up 

That is the BC school district, Skipper...

Will WOS as we know it today exist in 5 years or will LCM consume it to become its "LCM South" campus?

From the outside looking in and at the rate things are going, it doesn't appear that the WOS district has 5 years. (A rumored $2 Million dollar deficit this year)

Much has been said about the school board making some "controversial" decisions of late, but does the board or district have a "plan" that's been made public as to how they can get back on track?  It seems that some things would be much easier for the people of the district to swallow if the district made public their path forward instead of coming up with "surprises" every couple of months.

OK OK OK lets say we are new kids on the block and are on  the school board------------------------ whats should we do first to get things going right way for the school.(OH WHO ) can tell me how west orange got soooooooooooooooooooooooo far in the hole, give me a name are two

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0