WO-S Mustang relay results update through field events

WO-S Mustang relay results update through field events

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

WEST ORANGE — WEST ORANGE - Here are the results of the 17 Mustang Relays held at WO-S High School Saturday:

BOYS DIVISION

Discus - 1. Jarrade Lee, 171-11 3/4; 2. Zellers, Baytown Lee, 164-3 1/2; 3. Eric Arnold, WO-S, 136-7 3/4.

Shot put - 1. Zellers, Baytown Lee, 59-4; 2. Lee, Ozen, 50-10; 3. Borderlon, West Brook, 48-7.

High jump - 1. Guillory, Central, 6-2; 2. Broussard, Central, 6-2; 3. Mark Roberts, 6-0.

Long jump - 1. Bates, Baytown Lee, 21-0; 2. Jefferson, Central, 20-2; 3. Justin Francis, WO-S, 19-1.

Triple jump - 1. Jefferson, Central, 43-3; 2. Moore, Ozen, 40-10; 3. Cawley, Jasper, 40-2 1/2.

GIRLS DIVISION

Discus - 1. Landry, West Brook, 121-4; 2. Alicia Thevis, Nederland, 107-0; 3. Smith, Memorial, 92-0.

Shot put - 1. Richard, Nederland, 34-10; 2. Thevis, Nederland, 33-3; 3. Smith, Memorial, 32-4,

High jump - 1. Hamilton, Memorial, 5-0; 2. Alicia Thevis, Nederland,4-10; 3. Phoebe Falcon, Nederland, 4-10.

Long jump - 1. Alexus Brannon, Ozen, 17-3; 2. Chantell, Memorial, 14-11; 3. Leday, West Brook, 14-7.

Triple jump - 1. Savannah Desmarais, Nederland, 32-8 1/4; 2. Leday, West Brook, 32-8; 3. Johnson, Memorial, 28-4.

it wasn't poorly run; heard some teams dropped out yesterday.  Plus they could only use 6 lanes cause of the poor track condition...great teams, great athletes, exciting races but the quality of the track was horrible,(you can put make up on a pig, but it is still a pig)  The girl's triple jump was halted due to  the condition of the run way.

Yea the ADMIN at WO-S refuses to help Athletics, that's why the track is like that.

i didn't walk over to the track the other day but i was at the baseball park. the ballpark was in great condition , big improvement from prior years. i don't know who was responsible for that but if it was coach rojas a big shout out to him and his assistant coach hallman.

Well, at least the kids got to participate.  Way to go and the weather cooperated!  What time did the meet end?  Why did teams drop out and what happened to the Mustangs' 4X200meter relay team?

I agree. Kudos for making it happen with limited resources

the thred reads wos mustangs relay results update through field events, no mention of pole vault, boys r girls, no mats, other equipment ??????????? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

There were no pole vaulters.  Good thing time wasn't spent borrowing that equipment, huh?  Also, one less criticism for the host of the meet.  I know we have done this track meet at Orangefield for several years.  Kudos to Toby for making the best of a bad situation...what's the alternative...cancel it.  That would be great for the schools and kids. 

stang4life, no critisism here, i know its hard work putting meets together, & from what i hear, the coaches & other staff are the workers  with very little financial support or care from the school

board or officials, heck coop even said that. as for as the athletes look like wos has their share of

the cream of the crop, & fan base is great, stangs have a proven record. just wanted to know

about those stick jumpers thats all,no bad here. seems like you guys would get more finances from

the directors huh ???

All you have to do is attend a school board meeting and you can see the support we get from the powers-that-be.  You would think that they would be eager to invest a little.   :o

I don't think we have had a pole vaulter in a few years.  Don't know about the other schools in attendance.

seems that the year in year out success that wos athletes have in several different sports would

encourage  "the powers that be " to invest in the schools athletic dept. i just dont understand some

schools thinking. not knocking anyone r anything else, but most of the time, its the success of your

teams that excite the community & brings pride to your community. i bet the powers sure

do like the success though, dont they :o :o ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83