23-1A

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know who's gonna have the better talent each year until each team meets up!  Heart can only take you so far, you gotta have talent too!

o

H-D's all-time record against every team in this district, says we have had better talent 90% of the time. H-D is hated because of our rich talent/tradition in football.

???

There are MANY schools with rich tradition in football at every level and that doesn't get them hated!  The no class- moronic attitudes of some (rich tradition or bottom dwellers) is the reason they are hated.  I'm not saying that's the case with hull, just a casual observation.

Guest curtissimo

After the first couple days of 2-a-days how is everyone looking? I know chester is looking pretty sharp and will suprise alot of people

Did ya'll see the 1A Region III Pre-season rankings from TexasHSFootball.com?

Here is the Top 15:

Region III 1A Preseason Rankings

1 Cayuga --

2 Alto --

3 Mart --

4 Maud --

5 Bremond --

6 Grapeland --

7 Itasca --

8 Lovelady --

9 Simms Bowie  --

10 Mt Enterprise  --

11 Dawson --

12 Tenaha --

13 Evadale --

14 West Hardin  --

15 Overton --

• 2 weeks later...

HD always has better talent.

you sound like a six year old kid when he says "my dad could beat up your dad" it doesnt matter if youve HAD more talent in the past, well guess what guy this is the present. just like that 4.4 speed does you no good if you cant make it out of the back feild, yea im sure he was burning the grass up on his way to the sideline when he got dropped for 12 yards. wake up man and start living in the now!!

p.s. my dad can still beat uo your dad ;)

Hull-Daisetta will win the district this year in a breeze in my opinion. Evadale's best opportunity to beat HD was last year, and they capitalized on it. Congrats on the district championship Rebels. I don't really see a huge dropoff of talent at HD, where as WH and Evadale probably won't be as good as they were last year. Of course this is all my opinion, which means absolutely nothing. I think Chester and High Island will look to be the spoilers and who knows about Burkeville bouncing back and Colmesneil. Good luck to all teams, but this is the way I see it going down this year.

Hull-Daisetta - 1st

Evadale - 2nd

West Hardin - 3rd

Chester - 4th

Colmesneil - 5th

High Island - 6th

Burkeville - 7th

Sabine Pass - 8th

You know, that was a good way of putting it!  Our opinions mean nothing on the larger scale of things.  I really respect when people can come on here and give an opinion that has good meaning & not just stomping their feet like a toddler.  So in the spirit of opinions; here is my picks for the district.  No disrespect for any of district schools, but there always has to be a winner and a loser.  Good luck teams & lets have a safe, fair & great season.

West Hardin - 1st

Hull-Daisetta - 2nd

Evadale - 3rd

High Island - 4th

Colmesneil - 5th

Chester - 6th

Sabine Pass - 7th

Burkeville - 8th

HD always has better talent.

you sound like a six year old kid when he says "my dad could beat up your dad" it doesnt matter if youve HAD more talent in the past, well guess what guy this is the present. just like that 4.4 speed does you no good if you cant make it out of the back feild, yea im sure he was burning the grass up on his way to the sideline when he got dropped for 12 yards. wake up man and start living in the now!!

p.s. my dad can still beat uo your dad ;)

lol nice

Hey Cardinal Fan

How are things looking for you guys so far? You have a great group of young men who showed a lot of heart and class last season.

Just wanted your take on how things are stacking up for the Cards this year.

I appreciate the kind words.  High Island lost a few key position players last year, but not all of them played both sides of the ball the entire game.  So that goes to show that they have the majority of the team returning this year. Coach Colton leaving will have a very little effect on the Fighting Cardinals.  I wish him well in Kountze. Unfortunately, I will not be there to Cheer on the Home team, I will have to be there in spirit only.  I am currently working in OK, so I will have to rely on SETXSports to keep me posted this season.  It looks like I will be able to catch the Burkeville/HI game.  My son Graduated so Friday nights will not be the same. 

It will surely be a dog fight this year.  As for the fighting Cardinals, they will be ready for what ever the District brings them. The coaching staff is working hard and the boys are working even harder.  Expect the same intensity this season.  Evadale will have plenty of kids to keep fresh legs on the field and I sure Coach Williams will make sure that who ever is on the field will be well prepared.  West Hardin actually lost a great athlete, but I am sure they will be pretty salty as well.  HD lost their entire team except of KG, I hope he can rally troupes and circle the wagons, because they will have their hands full all season.  Yes we know HD55, tradition, tradition, tradition........ I know they have a sophomore (AP) over there that will knock your block off, so the opposing teams better keep an eye on him. Chester is the team that could really sneak up on top teams this year.  Coach Franklin is whipping that program into shape.  Colemesneil, well it could turn around at anytime.  Burkeville will get better, only time will tell.  Sabine Pass will field a team and Coach Thib (Great Guy) will prepare the boys and they will battle it out on the field.  Lets all pray that the Hurricanes stay away this year.  Lets go boys lace em up, buckle em down and snap it on.  IRON MAN FOOTBALL, the way GOD intended it to be.

Good Luck to all the young men preparing for battle, the Mom's & Dad's and to the Coaches who believe that their boys can do anything. 

Roger George

"THE CARDINAL FAN"

I think you should not take Colmesneil too lightly.  They have a lethal running game with the addition of a quick, elusive runner named Berry to compliment  their 1,000 yard rusher Jared Eaves.  Look for Eaves right, Eaves left, Eaves up the middle and boom here comes Berry.  Their passing game will be helped with the addition of a talented sophomore TECullen Baker.

Hey Roger.  I miss going to the games with you.  Hope the kids are doing great and you and the family are well.  Andrew is doing good and starting at defensive tackle/nose guard. I know but they have two good linebackers and he is a soph. Hes fitting in just fine and looks very good. He put on about 15 pounds of muscle and his surgery went great.  The Bobcats are looking good and everyone sure look out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami