UIL team page for Hardin-Jefferson

Guest spinks

Fellas, the majority of young men  (parent's included) want those scholarships but here is another issue to factor in with the recruiting process. A lot of kids (and parents) want to be recruited by and play for the big D-1 schools.  Its a simple fact no matter how you try and define it.

Ur exactly right Bluedove.  However, these AAU coaches need to be realistic with parents and players and recommend that they play on the level they belong on.  EX: Ryan Donahoe.........had full ride papers on his desk to SFA where he was told he would likely start his freshman year.  His AAU coach recommended he hold out for bigger offers.............now he is completely out of school and basketball.  These kids have great direction from their high school coaches but the AAU coaches lead them to believe they can play at a higher level in hopes that they do so that AAU coach will receive the credit and get more players in the future.  THEY NEED TO BE MORE REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why parents need to take a more active role in the recruiting process and your child's activities. Attend your kid's games. Everybody is on the sideline telling these kids how good they are and parents buy into the pimping process as well. Kids in elementary and middle school being flown across the country to play ball and staying in hotels just like college teams.  It's easy to get caught up into it, but at the end of the day, you need to try and have reality checks about your ability as a player and whats truly important for your son or daughter as a parent.

As a player and parent, you have to try and recognize the hype and the truth.

I am starting to like you dove.  Well said!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fellas come on now we all know that good athletes have to be able to be coached in order to make it on any level of any game. the spears franks comparison is based on some knowledge of both. spears was an all around team player my book may be old but i will take that type of player over a selfish all american anyday.....But once again thats my personal opinion

powers i agree with you on that....the players you just mentioned have been the backbone for the hawks the last four years or so. Does anyone know if jarvis has any offers to any school. I reviewed his stats a few days ago.....dude is awesome.(he wld look good in a cardinals uniform) I know trey will probably end up playing football somewhere and Jacobi will be returning.

Guest nostradamus

This is the most asenine exchange I have ever seen.  If you think your kid is better served then send them to BISD.  HJ will be just fine.  There are lots of people in the recent past who thought their kids would be better off at other schools.  Ask them how they feel now after their decisions. 

I worked the camp at the University of Kentucky in 1998 right after they won the National Championship.  Every night, the current players and ex's would get together and play pick up games and the entire camp would watch.  Every disillusioned person should be exposed to such a sight to bring some reality to their thoughts about what is required to play at that level.

This is the most asenine exchange I have ever seen.  If you think your kid is better served then send them to BISD.  HJ will be just fine.  There are lots of people in the recent past who thought their kids would be better off at other schools.  Ask them how they feel now after their decisions. 

I worked the camp at the University of Kentucky in 1998 right after they won the National Championship.  Every night, the current players and ex's would get together and play pick up games and the entire camp would watch.  Every disillusioned person should be exposed to such a sight to bring some reality to their thoughts about what is required to play at that level.

True enough. There are some who are Southeast Texas good and a few others who are really good.

Guest nostradamus

showtyme,

I don't know what your agenda is but, your assumptions are very far off.  First, why would one assume that you must be a leading scorer in order to be on the news?  How about the fact that Jarvis HATES being interviewed.  He is a shy guy and doesn't say a lot and really avoids the cameras.  He CHOSE not to go.  Second, since you are so concerned about the college prospects of HJ players after high school why have you failed to mention what Duane Durley has done at the college level.  He is playing at Richland JuCo and doing quite well....in fact, his team is playing for a national championship this week.  Talk to Duane, he'll be the first to tell you that his coaches are the SOLE reason he is playing at the next level.  Do you know all the details of the Donahoe situation?  You sure act as if you do.  However, if you did, you would not make a post questioning HJ players at the next level as you did.  Your question regarding Jarvis comes across as if you do not trust that Jarvis and his college propects will be taken care of.  Jarvis will be taken care of.  This board is not the place to discuss prospects for him that have not already been made public.  What has been posted by others already regarding his college prospects are 100% speculation and not at all true.

Apparently, you know myself, Coach Sutherland, and Coach Lee.  If you do, then there is no need to ask on this board about things like what you have asked or to make the comments you have made.  Ask us in person.  Our door is always open.  Don't get on this board and insinuate that HJ does not make efforts to get players to the next level and then ask about a player's prospects.   

showtyme,

I don't know what your agenda is but, your assumptions are very far off.  First, why would one assume that you must be a leading scorer in order to be on the news?  How about the fact that Jarvis HATES being interviewed.  He is a shy guy and doesn't say a lot and really avoids the cameras.  He CHOSE not to go.  Second, since you are so concerned about the college prospects of HJ players after high school why have you failed to mention what Duane Durley has done at the college level.  He is playing at Richland JuCo and doing quite well....in fact, his team is playing for a national championship this week.  Talk to Duane, he'll be the first to tell you that his coaches are the SOLE reason he is playing at the next level.  Do you know all the details of the Donahoe situation?  You sure act as if you do.  However, if you did, you would not make a post questioning HJ players at the next level as you did.  Your question regarding Jarvis comes across as if you do not trust that Jarvis and his college propects will be taken care of.  Jarvis will be taken care of.  This board is not the place to discuss prospects for him that have not already been made public.  What has been posted by others already regarding his college prospects are 100% speculation and not at all true.

Apparently, you know myself, Coach Sutherland, and Coach Lee.  If you do, then there is no need to ask on this board about things like what you have asked or to make the comments you have made.  Ask us in person.  Our door is always open.  Don't get on this board and insinuate that HJ does not make efforts to get players to the next level and then ask about a player's prospects.   

YEAAAA... wut he said  ;D ;D

2pm will be here soon so we all need to get a good nights rest so we can accomplish what we came here to do .......Cheer the hawks on to their second state championship appearance in three years. Nos I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers by my post Im just a huge Jarvis fan .....My son and I love to watch him play. I just wanted to get the heads up on his situation to make sure I cld have the opportunity to reserve season tickets to where ever he chooses to go. GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND

showtyme,

THANK YOU!

showtyme,

Wow! Any land for sale in Hardin-Jefferson? What a recruiting machine

showtyme,

get on him coach we at Jasper love U too  ;)

showtyme,

Theres nothing yall care more about than the players, Ive always loved how passionate yall are. If anything, players should be moving to HJ to play for this FANTASTIC coaching staff.

Guest tigersvoice

showtyme,

Theres nothing yall care more about than the players, Ive always loved how passionate yall are. If anything, players should be moving to HJ to play for this FANTASTIC coaching staff.

RECRUITING!  RECRUITING!  RECRUITING!  Leave 'em alone Partner, they're good enough. ::) ;D ;D ;D

Excuse me, but someone told me last night Hamshire-Fannett made it to Regionals back in 2000's which meant HF won district that year, truth? I'm not sorry for changing subject. 8)

Not neccecarily. They could have entered the tournament as the third place in district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami