*Silsbee vs. Jasper* - updates - 8pm/Jasper Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Silsbee on a great season.  I know this is not how it was suppose to end, but that is fate sometimes.  You guys are a truly great team and I really do feel bad for the Seniors.....Nick, Shannon and Brady.  I know it went through your minds that you had beaten this team by 44 and you were thinking it was going to be a cakewalk tonight, but Jasper had other plans.  Congrats again on a great season Silsbee and best of luck Jasper tomorrow against HJ.

It's not the ultimate revenge one team wanted more than the other on this night. Remember when WOS went to state no one even knew who they were for some reason these teams who make it for the first time in their history just seem to make magic happen and jasper just happen to do that tonight so watch out HJ your team is not out of the woods against them Kennedale was a team who one a title and then dissapeared so was carrolton ranchview when they won their title in 05 maybe that is just how things happen. I still think Silsbee is the better team and jasper was just more determine they hung around and pulled out a stunner. I am shocked i don't think silsbee ever lost to jasper in basketball.

It's hard to beat a team 4 times in a season.  Also, sports/basketball is very mental.  If a team gets hot at the right time, get to believing in themselves, while the other team starts having doubts, well...add all that to the win or go home pressure of the playoff, and you have what resulted tonight.

It really doesn't matter that much though.  If Dallas Madison  gets on the court wih whatever team wins region 3, it will be all over with  - fast.

Kountzer

It's hard to beat a team 4 times in a season.   Also, sports/basketball is very mental.  If a team gets hot at the right time, get to believing in themselves, while the other team starts having doubts, well...add all that to the win or go home pressure of the playoff, and you have what resulted tonight.

It really doesn't matter that much though.  If Dallas Madison  gets on the court wih whatever team wins region 3, it will be all over with  - fast.

Kountzer

uhmm if im correct dallas madison only beat argyle by 2.. so i wouldnt crown them just yet...  you just contradicted yourself by basically saying anything can happen on any given night, then saying if anyone from region 3 plays dallas madison then there not gonna win... hmm yea.. so much for ANYTHING can happen

Congrats Silsbee on a great season.  I know this is not how it was suppose to end, but that is fate sometimes.  You guys are a truly great team and I really do feel bad for the Seniors.....Nick, Shannon and Brady.  I know it went through your minds that you had beaten this team by 44 and you were thinking it was going to be a cakewalk tonight, but Jasper had other plans.  Congrats again on a great season Silsbee and best of luck Jasper tomorrow against HJ.

Well said.  Silsbee, you had Jasper's complete respect.  That is why the Dogs played so hard.

It's hard to beat a team 4 times in a season.   Also, sports/basketball is very mental.  If a team gets hot at the right time, get to believing in themselves, while the other team starts having doubts, well...add all that to the win or go home pressure of the playoff, and you have what resulted tonight.

Kountzer

We heard the same thing about Navasota so I wouldnt put to much stock in anything yet

Kountzer

We heard the same thing about Navasota so I wouldnt put to much stock in anything yet

True.  As Yogi said, it aint over til it's over.

Great game Jasper,  Bailey and Spikes really wanted it tonight.  Great season Tigers.  I do believe the better team lost tonight.  they were simply outplayed.  It was a night when our shots weren't falling.  Some of that was Jasper's defense but a lot was just simply they weren't going in.  We missed too many free throws down the stretch as well. I did have a Jasper fan get in my face after the game running his mouth,  when I hadn't said a word.  That was just uncalled for,  I wish the Jasper players luck but especially after that one fan all I can say is Take care of 'em Hawks.  I do think overall in both games the officiating was not up to the standard it should be for a regional tournament.  Some calls were just not made,  not saying it cost the Tigers a win,  Jasper did that just wish it would have been better.

Kountzer

uhmm if im correct dallas madison only beat argyle by 2.. so i wouldnt crown them just yet...  you just contradicted yourself by basically saying anything can happen on any given night, then saying if anyone from region 3 plays dallas madison then there not gonna win... hmm yea.. so much for ANYTHING can happen

You're right, if your team wins then you and they can live on, dream on.  That's the beauty of success in the playoffs.  Lose and you go home and cry on the msg boards, or whatever.  Still, I think the eventual champion will come out of North Texas.  Those teams like Dallas Madison, Burkburnett, Argyle, Sanger, Ponder, etc., they have some very good teams this year.  Of course H J has gone up there and won it all, but I don't think this is one of those years.  It is just a feeling I have, that's all. 

As for Silsbee, hmm, I don't know.  Good season, the team had a lot of potential.  But...there was something intangile missing.  oh well

kountzer

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder