*Silsbee vs. Jasper* - updates - 8pm/Jasper Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game Jasper,  Bailey and Spikes really wanted it tonight.  Great season Tigers.  I do believe the better team lost tonight.  they were simply outplayed.  It was a night when our shots weren't falling.  Some of that was Jasper's defense but a lot was just simply they weren't going in.  We missed too many free throws down the stretch as well. I did have a Jasper fan get in my face after the game running his mouth,  when I hadn't said a word.  That was just uncalled for,  I wish the Jasper players luck but especially after that one fan all I can say is Take care of 'em Hawks.  I do think overall in both games the officiating was not up to the standard it should be for a regional tournament.  Some calls were just not made,  not saying it cost the Tigers a win,  Jasper did that just wish it would have been better.

It's stupid how a good team can win in a humble manor but some fans have to make them look bad by running their mouths.

Anyways, did anyone count how many backflips there were after the game?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game Jasper,  Bailey and Spikes really wanted it tonight.  Great season Tigers.  I do believe the better team lost tonight.  they were simply outplayed.  It was a night when our shots weren't falling.  Some of that was Jasper's defense but a lot was just simply they weren't going in.  We missed too many free throws down the stretch as well. I did have a Jasper fan get in my face after the game running his mouth,  when I hadn't said a word.  That was just uncalled for,  I wish the Jasper players luck but especially after that one fan all I can say is Take care of 'em Hawks.  I do think overall in both games the officiating was not up to the standard it should be for a regional tournament.  Some calls were just not made,  not saying it cost the Tigers a win,  Jasper did that just wish it would have been better.

Heck with the calls, it seemed to those of us sitting where we were that they were not even putting scores on the board.  Early on, Silsbee had 4 points, made a two, and the scoreboard never changed.  Then, later Jasper made a three, and the board did not change.  Jasper coach appealed, but after a long discussion, didn't get the points.  Were they THAT bad on the score-keeping, or did we miss something?

Heck with the calls, it seemed to those of us sitting where we were that they were not even putting scores on the board.  Early on, Silsbee had 4 points, made a two, and the scoreboard never changed.  Then, later Jasper made a three, and the board did not change.  Jasper coach appealed, but after a long discussion, didn't get the points.  Were they THAT bad on the score-keeping, or did we miss something?

In the words of Charles Barkley, "That scoreboard operator is tuurruble, just tuurruble!"

Yes the scorboard operator was horrible,  not sure about silsbee's score you are talking about but the score was 18-15 silsbee jasper hit a three the score went to 21-18 jasper we hit a three makingit 21-21 ya'll hit a 3(the one questioned) they left it at 21-21 making it correct i believe

Ok, I didn't catch the the Silsbee side but when Silsbee shot that two they counted it in Jaspers side and when Jasper shot that three they didn't count it at all and called it even for the extra two.

I believe there was some incompetence in the scoreboard running because during our game there were some uncalled mistakes and the man refused to fix them.

I leave for Spring Break and I miss Jasper beating Silsbee.  :o

[move]ST3ASC NOT IN 09!!! [/move]

Congrats Silsbee on a great season, but it's not baseball season for you. 

Congrats Jasper on the win, and I hope the winner of HJ/Jasper wins state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124