BH vs. Bay City Updates...BH Wins!!

KFDM COOP

BH 6  Bay City 5

A good ball game although BH was a little shaky in the field. 4 errors on the night led to 3 of the 5 Bay City runs. Burditt got the start going 3 innings giving up 3 runs in the first inning before giving way to Matt Peterson. Peterson finished the game getting the win going 4 innings and giving up 2 runs. Great job of pitching by Peterson in relief. Heath Padgett had a nice diving catch in center and Carmona and Clifton had a rally ending double play early in the game.

The offensive stars of the night were Padgett, Ponder, and Burditt. Burditt had a couple of hits on the night with a big 2 run single in the bottom of the first cutting the Bay City lead to 3-2. The game stayed that way until the bottom of the 5th. Tony Carmona reached on an error and Ponder gave BH a 4-3 lead with a 2-run 400ft bomb over the scoreboard in left. Peterson shut Bay City down in order in the top of the 6th on 5 pitches. Jared Baker hit a 1-out double off the bottom of the left-center wall in the bottom of the 6th and Heath Padgett gave BH a cushion with a 2-Run HR to left for a 6-3 lead. Peterson got the leadoff hitter in the top of the 7th and then made his only 2 mistakes of the night. With a 1-2 count, Peterson hit the batter and then gave up a 2-run homerun to cut the lead to 6-5. Peterson got the next hitter to line to center and then closed the game out with a dribbler down the 1st base line that Ponder scooped up and threw to first.

Burditt 2 hits, Padgett 2 hits 2-run HR, Ponder 2-run HR, Baker 2 hits

These two teams seem to have a nice rivalry going and look to be even in talent.

It was a good ball game. Bay City does have a good ball club. Their starting left handed pitcher Tomek is a good one. He went 6 innings giving up all 6 runs but had a great night except for a couple of mistakes to Ponder and Padgett. Once you get past Tomek their pitching does drop off considerably. They have very good hitters 1-4 but they drop off considerably after that. The BH pitching staff is deeper and the lineup is better 1-9, but Tomek seemed to even things out a little with his performance.

These two teams seem to have a nice rivalry going and look to be even in talent.

It was a good ball game. Bay City does have a good ball club. Their starting left handed pitcher Tomek is a good one. He went 6 innings giving up all 6 runs but had a great night except for a couple of mistakes to Ponder and Padgett. Once you get past Tomek their pitching does drop off considerably. They have very good hitters 1-4 but they drop off considerably after that. The BH pitching staff is deeper and the lineup is better 1-9, but Tomek seemed to even things out a little with his performance.

I knew if we could hit Tomek we would be ok. Last year Tomek only gave up three hits if my memory is correct. We had a great game last night and a all around effort from the whole team. Congrats to all the BH baseball players, Job well done.

I agree top to bottom we have a better team but Bay City always makes it close. It is a Good rivalry the last 3 years we are pretty even

Guest patriot117

I saw them play before us (Sundevils) at Baseball USA several weeks ago. Ponder hit one OVER the secondary fence in the parking lot in left field on field 1. Coach Rupp asked me how I would pitch to him. I told him I would just give the walk sign. That kid can mash!

Hey Rip09 good job of reporting, with that kind of information out their think of the money you are saving the teams that are scouting your team. It's nice to brag on your kids but you never know who's watching.  

Did you put in a call to the Baytown Sun to stop the presses? ??? Hey snoooopdog, you need to catch up with the times. There are multiple sources to look up game stats. You ever read a newspaper? I'm not sure how posting stats has anything to do with scouting, but I've never heard of a game plan prepared off of a stat sheet. Exactly how would you game plan off of my post about the kids? What are you going to do walk the entire BH team intentionally? You don't know kids tendencies or weaknesses without seeing them play. You don't know what or when they throw certain pitches, you don't know which pitches a hitter hits or what pitches they struggle with unless you watch them play. If you can game plan off of looking at stats on this post, your in the wrong business. Hey I have an idea, you can become a scout by looking at my posts! ;D ;D ;D

Hey Rip09 good job of reporting, with that kind of information out their think of the money you are saving the teams that are scouting your team. It's nice to brag on your kids but you never know who's watching. 

Did you put in a call to the Baytown Sun to stop the presses? ??? Hey snoooopdog, you need to catch up with the times. There are multiple sources to look up game stats. You ever read a newspaper? I'm not sure how posting stats has anything to do with scouting, but I've never heard of a game plane prepared off of a stat sheet. Exactly how would you game plan off of my post about the kids? What are you going to do walk the entire BH team intentionally? You don't know kids tendencies or weaknesses without seeing them play. You don't know what or when they throw certain pitches, you don't know which pitches a hitter hits or what pitches they struggle with unless you watch them play. If you can game plan off of looking at stats on this post, your in the wrong business. Hey I have an idea, you can become a scout by looking at my posts! ;D ;D ;D

I don't know....RIP. I think you've given enough that it's easy to see....if you throw it over the plate, BH will hit it.  ;) After reading your posts from the 2 games played yesterday, I think I could come up with a game plan.............forfeit.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami