Vidor vs. Silsbee Scrimmage Thread

KFDM COOP

Guest JoesBros

Vidor was up 10 to 4 (dont hold me to that score) when I left and they were heading to the top of the 8th inning. Hester started for the Pirates and didnt really look that sharp. I think he might of had some kind of injury to his throwing hand but not too sure. Silsbee kept it close to a one run game around the fourth. Both teams has some work to do on fielding though. Vidor scored alot of their runs in the 7th because Silsbee's pitcher couldnt find the strike zone and a dropped fly ball in the outfield didnt help either. Should be interesting how Vidor does in 20-4A with a really young team. But I think Coach Green will have them prepared and ready to go for district. I cant wait to spend the weekend out their for the Tournament next weekend.

Vidor was up 10 to 4 (dont hold me to that score) when I left and they were heading to the top of the 8th inning. Hester started for the Pirates and didnt really look that sharp. I think he might of had some kind of injury to his throwing hand but not too sure. Silsbee kept it close to a one run game around the fourth. Both teams has some work to do on fielding though. Vidor scored alot of their runs in the 7th because Silsbee's pitcher couldnt find the strike zone and a dropped fly ball in the outfield didnt help either. Should be interesting how Vidor does in 20-4A with a really young team. But I think Coach Green will have them prepared and ready to go for district. I cant wait to spend the weekend out their for the Tournament next weekend.

Speaking of young, I would bet anyone that Silsbee is the youngest team in the area. Right now they have 1 senior on the team and the rest soph. and freshmen to fill out their 15 man roster. They will get Skinner after basketball is over to give them a whole 2 seniors on the team.

Guest JoesBros

Vidor's roster is about the same as well Mike. But they still have a good chance at the 3rd or 4th playoff spot in that district. Im saying that not really knowing what Livingston has.

Vidor's roster is about the same as well Mike. But they still have a good chance at the 3rd or 4th playoff spot in that district. Im saying that not really knowing what Livingston has.

Vidor could easily finish 1st or 2nd too. That wouldn't shock me either.

OLGabe seems to be a little more informed IMO  ;)

Glad to see things starting to come together. We are going to be tough to handle this year.

actually aggies....there will be four seniors..Byars and Walters(your basketball boys with ice in their system) are playing also

I did not know that. It will be good to see you guys out there. Let's just hope we don't see you guys until after March 14th. ;)

But, right now they have only one senior.

Guest pirates

I'm a huge Pirate Baseball supporter.  Vidor is young, very young this year.  It will be great if they could finish 3rd.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami