Ozen coach not aware of player's arrest

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

life isn't fair.  jimmy johnson once said, troy, emmitt and michael had special rules. it looks like mr jefferson may be in that category. let the school and coach handle it as they see fit. \

Thats not even a good comparison lol those guys are NFL Hall of Famers........Jefferson doesn't even fit in that category lol I mean come on he is a high school basketball player....

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ To the school & the dist.Kick him off the team.

PERMANENTLY

You bet

I guess if it was your kid, you would want him kicked off the team permanently as well. I agree he should be punished, however, I can't get over the anger in some of these post. Pretty amazing the hatred I am feeling.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ To the school & the dist.Kick him off the team.

PERMANENTLY

You bet

I guess if it was your kid, you would want him kicked off the team permanently as well. I agree he should be punished, however, I can't get over the anger in some of these post. Pretty amazing the hatred I am feeling.

the reason being these guys hate that ozens wins and is a powerhouse and is tired of seeing the dynasty so they want one of their star players kicked off the team so we will be slowed down a bit but its official willie will be suspended for two games and be back for the playoffs......enough said i'll be praying for you big willie and hope you dont get caught up in this mess again

Guest stevenash

Pray all you want.  The only one who can keep this young man from getting caught up in such a mess  again is him.  If he is taught early that there are consequences for actions, he is more likely to not repeat it than if he is given a second chance.  There recently was another basketball star in this area who had severe behavioral problems but was continually given a pass because "he had a bright future" and " was very talented" and was only being looked at negatively because he "wasn't a player from PNG, Nederland, or Bridge City (yes, Dickie that B.S. is aimed directly at you)  Those second, third, fourth, etc. etc. etc. "chances" did not bear fruit for the young man or for those who sought to "harness" his talents.  I'd be willing to bet if that individual would have been forced to confront and deal with his "problems" instead of getting a pass every time, he would now be much closer to where he had thought and/or hoped to be.  Dickie, you can cry conspiracy, discrimination, or whatever you wish but both individuals MUST play by the rules and saying "everybody else does it" (which is more than a stretch) is not justification and neither is "you wouldn't want this to happen to your kid".  There are many kids whose value system prevents them from getting in these types of situations and therefore, are NOT just like everyone else.

I'm surprised that this wasn't swept under the carpet...or maybe it was...but someone moved the carpet.  Alot of what happens to "star" HS athletes is kept close to home...coaches have to cover for their stars...job security, ya know??

Sounds like maybe someone didn't kiss enough butt to keep it quiet, so it came out in the public.  ::)

Just my humble opinion. 

I'm surprised that this wasn't swept under the carpet...or maybe it was...but someone moved the carpet.  Alot of what happens to "star" HS athletes is kept close to home...coaches have to cover for their stars...job security, ya know??

Sounds like maybe someone didn't kiss enough butt to keep it quiet, so it came out in the public.  ::)

Just my humble opinion. 

yankeedawg

you are so correct. it isn't right, but 20 years ago you would never heard a peep.

PERMANENTLY

You bet

the reason being these guys hate that ozens wins and is a powerhouse and is tired of seeing the dynasty so they want one of their star players kicked off the team so we will be slowed down a bit but its official willie will be suspended for two games and be back for the playoffs......enough said i'll be praying for you big willie and hope you dont get caught up in this mess again

I personally could care less which school he plays for and care even less about "Ozen's Dynasty" but the fact still remains..he screwed up and it's no one's fault but his own.  He let down his teammates, his school and his community by choosing to get involved in this mess.  Two game suspension but can come back for the playoffs...what a joke!!!!!  That ought to really teach him he has to follow the rules...NOT!!

Athletics should be the least of this STUDENT athlete's worries. If a student gets in trouble with the law, that student is suspended from school, and placed in an alternative campus. If a student is placed at an alternative campus, they cannot participate in sports. If they found out last night, to err on the side of caution, they should not have played the athlete.

If we really care about this student, we should educate him first, send him to drug rehab/prevention class, and monitor the health and well being of this student. He is 17/18 and when he graduates he should be a productive citizen, not just a student who plays basketball. BISD's help would go a long way to maybe reduce this students criminal punishment and maybe preserve his scholarship at the next level.

We are talking about forfeit of basketball games, when this child is forfeiting his future. Weed is a powerful drug that is killing our urban youth, it time to educate and drug test and keep it real.

Kids don't take steroids, they use drugs and we need to reach out and help out youth.

Athletics should be the least of this STUDENT athlete's worries. If a student gets in trouble with the law, that student is suspended from school, and placed in an alternative campus. If a student is placed at an alternative campus, they cannot participate in sports. If they found out last night, to err on the side of caution, they should not have played the athlete.

If we really care about this student, we should educate him first, send him to drug rehab/prevention class, and monitor the health and well being of this student. He is 17/18 and when he graduates he should be a productive citizen, not just a student who plays basketball. BISD's help would go a long way to maybe reduce this students criminal punishment and maybe preserve his scholarship at the next level.

We are talking about forfeit of basketball games, when this child is forfeiting his future. Weed is a powerful drug that is killing our urban youth, it time to educate and drug test and keep it real.

Kids don't take steroids, they use drugs and we need to reach out and help out youth.

Very well said

What a complete joke!!!!!  Taken care of a player because of his role on the court.  Must be nice.  I wish I would have had been catered to when I was in school like this!!!!!  What is next?  Some player shoots some one and gets suspended for 4 games.  Great job of teaching the kids in today's society that you will only receive a slap on the wrist for having possession of illegal drugs.  Starts at the top and dwindles all the way down to the little people!!!!!

Just my humble opinion. 

yankeedawg

you are so correct. it isn't right, but 20 years ago you would never heard a peep.

I can't say for sure, but if I was a gambling man, I'd bet a bundle that it has happened alot more recently than 20 years ago Admin.

3 steps to this procedure:

1. Lift carpet

2. Sweep "incident" under carpet

3. Drop 15 ton safe on carpet so carpet can't be pulled out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami