A-Rod Tested Positive

Would you still vote A-Rod into the HOF?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still vote A-Rod into the HOF?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly and to say already he does not belong in the Hall of Fame is a joke. Steroids can't help you hit a curveball.

We would have never known this if someone had not spoke about documents which are sealed by a judge. To me that is the bigger story here. For someone to do that is breaking the law.

A-Rod taking steroids is just one in a number of stories.

exactly and to say already he does not belong in the Hall of Fame is a joke. Steroids can't help you hit a curveball.

We would have never known this if someone had not spoke about documents which are sealed by a judge. To me that is the bigger story here. For someone to do that is breaking the law.

A-Roid  You heard it here first.  ;D

Guest baseball25

arod is still a HOF no doubt about it.......I mean it doesnt suprise me he tested positive......so many players were doing it....but the thing is AROD has always been a great player throughout his career......the guys that take them that are just descent it doesnt help them to much because u still got to be great and have the talent and AROD was a 5 tool player coming into his rookie season....

There shouldn't be an asterisk anywhere. A majority of the players seem to have done it and baseball basically didn't care.

It was the baseball era so I am done judging anyone who tested positive.

I'll agree and disagree with you Gabe.

What's this tell our student athletes, everyone does it?

But the bigger problem is MLB. Tested positive in 2003 and kept private? What the heck.

arod is still a HOF no doubt about it.......I mean it doesnt suprise me he tested positive......so many players were doing it....but the thing is AROD has always been a great player throughout his career......the guys that take them that are just descent it doesnt help them to much because u still got to be great and have the talent and AROD was a 5 tool player coming into his rookie season....

He is a naturally great, but still needs steroids? Nothing but ego. Maybe he's been using since his rookie season. There have been stories of mediocre players that used, just to get that edge to make it to the next level. Stupid none the less, but AROD didn't need it. 2003, homerun leader and MVP? Yes there should be an asterisk. It's a slap in the face to those that play the game right.

Guest baseball25

MAN its the steroid era....u still got to play the game and do the things on the field.......I played with guys that did steroids through out my college career and it didnt help them that much becasue the werent that good......they didnt know how to spot up and pitch and do the little things....you got to still hit the baseball and work your but off during the offseason and swing the bat....DON't HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME..........

Guest JoesBros

A-Roid  You heard it here first.   ;D

I like A-Fraud  ;D

In my eyes I like what Sir Charles said, kids should not always look up to pro athletes. They are human too. If parents are worried about role models then it all starts and ends with parents being the ones their kids look up to, not someone you only see on TV.

Guest JoesBros

I dont see why not! If you let Roger Clemens, or any of these fools in then Pete should be in! Did he bet on baseball? Yes. Did he admit to it? Yes. At least we know that Pete was no doubt one of the hardest playing guys out there in baseball history and did it with his natural ability!

Guest baseball25

Rob Neyer However it shakes out, A-Rod still a great player

Saturday, February 7, 2009 | Feedback | Print Entry

Today -- Feb. 7, 2009 -- a date which will live in infamy …

At least for Alex Rodriguez.

His image, so obviously, so often clumsily constructed, has been shattered into a million tiny pieces. You could say whatever you wanted about his astronomical salaries and his postseason struggles and his "Single White Female" relationship with Derek Jeter, but you couldn't argue that he wasn't perhaps the most talented baseball player on the planet.

Until now, perhaps. Now, some of the pundits will argue that A-Rod wasn't so great after all; and further, that even if he was a great player, his (alleged) cheating should taint his entire legacy and perhaps even keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

But then there's this …

I'm reading Tom Verducci's new book, and flagging passages worth returning to later. As you've no doubt heard, most of the material about Alex Rodriguez isn't particularly flattering. I've flagged most of those parts. But I also flagged this one:

Rodriguez did impress his teammates with a relentless work ethic. They found him to be the baseball equivalent of a gym rat. He knew everything going on around baseball and he never stopped working. One night in 2007 he showed up in the dugout 10 minutes before the first pitch with blood dripping from his hands and knees. "What the hell happened to you?" somebody asked.

Rodriguez explained that he just had been running full tilt on the treadmill in the weight room when the belt broke and he went flying off the back end of the machine, skinning his hands and knees as he was thrown into a wall. Who the hell ran at sprinting speed on a treadmill right before a game was about to start? The most talented player in baseball did. That was A-Rod, too.

"Nobody has ever worked harder in my memory than this guy," [Joe] Torre said. "Jeter, I'm sure he does his weight work in the wintertime. In the summertime he gets dressed and gets the hell out of there. He doesn't hang out. Nobody's in better shape than Alex. Nobody works harder than Alex. For a star player, who gets there as early as he gets there, and still he might hear Coach Larry Bowa say, 'You need to take groundballs.' And he'll do whatever it takes. He'll do it all the time. He's just a workaholic."

Said Bowa, "If he missed on a slow roller, the next day he's out there early and we're working on slow rollers. If he missed a backhand, the next day we're working on backhands. This guy would be the first one to admit, 'I need to work on that,' or, 'I didn't approach that ball the right way, so let's go work on it.' And that's why he was such a great player."

I hope Alex Rodriguez didn't cheat. If we do find out that he cheated, I will wish that he hadn't. But whatever happens, I'm not going to change my opinion that he's a great baseball player. Like many of the greatest players, he'll do whatever it takes to be the best player he can be. For a stretch of five or 10 years -- and yes, perhaps even today still -- being the best player could have meant cheating. Maybe the cheaters were wrong; that's the direction in which I lean, probably because I've got a streak of the moralist in me. But I will not sit idly while great athletes looking for an edge -- not all that different from the many generations before them -- are demonized by the high priests of baseball opinion. I will not.

In my eyes I like what Sir Charles said, kids should not always look up to pro athletes. They are human too. If parents are worried about role models then it all starts and ends with parents being the ones their kids look up to, not someone you only see on TV.

Once again I get to agree and disagree. Parents must do there job and kids should not look up so highly to profesional athletes,,, but they do.

Watching the little legue world series on ESPN 70% of the kids had AROD as their favorite player.

Based on the poll results--its time to let Pete Rose in.

Pete should have been in a LONG time ago.  The HOF is a musem of the history of baseball, celebrating the greats and great acomplishments of the game.  MLB really has no say of who or what goes into the Hall.  I find it sad that when I take my nephew to cooperstown in a couple of years that there will be no mention of the all time hits leader.  Keep him off the field and out of the dugout, make mention on his plaque that he serves a lifetime ban, but let the history live in the musem.

Once again I get to agree and disagree. Parents must do there job and kids should not look up so highly to profesional athletes,,, but they do.

Watching the little legue world series on ESPN 70% of the kids had AROD as their favorite player.

LOL. One day I'm going to get you to totally agree with me on something. I am making it my life's mission!

LOL. One day I'm going to get you to totally agree with me on something. I am making it my life's mission!

Once again I get to agree an disagree. You may not ever get me to totally agree, BUT it should be your life mission.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

A-Rod Admits To Use Of Performance Enhancing Drugs!!!

His voice shaking at times, Alex Rodriguez met head-on allegations that he tested positive for steroids six years ago, telling ESPN on Monday that he did take performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time.

"I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Rodriguez's admission comes 48 hours after Sports Illustrated reported that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive for banned substances in 2003, the year when Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed in the sport.

Sources who know about the testing results told SI that Rodriguez tested positive for testosterone and Primobolan, an anabolic steroid. In his ESPN interview, Rodriguez said he did not know exactly which substance or substances he had taken. In 2003, there were no penalties for a positive result.

"I am sorry for my Texas years," the New York Yankees third baseman said. "I apologize to the fans of Texas."

Rodriguez, who joined the Yankees for the 2004 season after a trade from Texas, said "all my years in New York have been clean." He also said it felt good to be honest about what he's done in the past.

"The more honest we can all be, the quicker we can get baseball [back] to where it needs to be," he said.

Rodriguez said he was told by Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the MLB Players' Association, that he might, or might not, have tested positive in the 2003 survey. A source told ESPN on Saturday that Rodriguez knew he had failed the test.

"I had never heard anything since," he said. "Whatever I was experimenting with in Texas might have been OK."

Rodriguez also said of his 2007 interview with Katie Couric on "60 Minutes," when he denied ever using steroids, that "at the time, I wasn't being truthful with myself. How could I be truthful with Katie Couric or CBS?"

..... Steroids can't help you hit a curveball.....

...But they can help you hit it harder and further! 

I'd vote NO to A-Rod in the HOF, but of course you are letting in several who just didn't get caught. Yes he was man enough to admit it, but only now after he was busted. Of course he lied in his interview with Couric when she asked him if he was a user, but if he had told the truth, he would have been a cheat and STUPID!

Also, do we asterik Babe Ruth? He partook illegal substances many times, although not necessarily performance ehhancers.  He could hit a curve ball with a major hangover.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami