LU will spend $25,869,201 on the new field house and stadium renovations!!

Guest coachacola

Cost estimates from a year ago:

1,340,000 = new turf

1,500,000 = replace all 17,000 seats

2,000,000 = concession and restrooms

7,250,000 = new fieldhouse

2,000,000 = new parking lot and expansion

1,000,000 = practice field

1,400,000 = lights

4,400,000 = suites and club room

-----------------------

x 5% inflation

-----------------------

That leaves about $1.5 million extra.

This is the hidden content, please

Showoff.... >:(

The suites and club house could be added to the remaining money to build a combo suites and bowl seating...maybe.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachacola

1,340,000 = new turf

1,400,000 = lights

-----------------------

x 5% inflation

-----------------------

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=38019.0

The suites and club house could be added to the remaining money to build a combo suites and bowl seating...maybe.

:D :D

I'm not showing off, just trying to figure out what they have planned based on what they've said in the past.  I do think it's telling that Dr. Simmons brought up the fact that the stadium can be expanded to 36,000 easily, so I'm thinking this is only Phase 1.  They are meeting with the architects today so maybe they'll finally release more detailed drawings soon.

When they say they are spending $1.5 Million to replace 17,000 seats.................are they replacing it with actually stadium seating or will we have benchs????

It will be mostly benches. I imagine they will have stadium seating for season ticket holders, which my family will be a part of.

It's just not adding up.

BISD is doing this for $30 million NEWBisdStadium1.bmp

which includes a natatorium and field house.

Lamar is not building from the ground up so why is LU plans so much less for only $4 million less.

If you use coach's numbers on the BISD plan, assuming the natatorium and field house cost $7.5 million, then BISD only

have $6 million to build 2 double deck seating stands. Do you see my point?

1,340,000 = new turf

1,400,000 = lights

-----------------------

x 5% inflation

-----------------------

This is the hidden content, please

:D :D

I'm not showing off, just trying to figure out what they have planned based on what they've said in the past.  I do think it's telling that Dr. Simmons brought up the fact that the stadium can be expanded to 36,000 easily, so I'm thinking this is only Phase 1.  They are meeting with the architects today so maybe they'll finally release more detailed drawings soon.

I am ready for the details to be released.  If anyone  in the know can post something from the architects meeting that would be awesome.  I do see UNLV's point about the math.  Looks like in a matter of about 2 years we will go from no turf fields in the area to 4 assuming that Nederland will turf soon (those guys gotta keep up with PNG you know).  This should get some good high school playoff games in the area instead of having to travel to Houston.  Make those Houston teams come here baby!  I think that Lamar bringing football back is going to have a big impact on local high school football.

It's just not adding up.

Lamar is not building from the ground up so why is LU plans so much less for only $4 million less.

If you use coach's numbers on the BISD plan, assuming the natatorium and field house cost $7.5 million, then BISD only

What confuses me about the BISD stadium is it's seating capacity. They say it will be 11,000 capacity, but with two decks on each side, you would think there would be more. I know that PNG, Nederland, and even 3A Silsbee's stadium holds 10,000, and that's just single decks on both sides. PNG's stadium probably holds more than 10,000 with it's new expansion.

Cardinal Stadium holds 17,500 with single decks, roughly 7,000 more than what the BISD stadium will hold. Maybe that has something to do with the lower costs of builing the BISD stadium. Looks as though those decks won't be very big. ::)

Guest coachacola

BISD's new stadium reminds me a little of Texas State's Bobcat Stadium which holds about 15,200:

30.jpg

BISD will probably have a small lower deck than this stadium.

BISD's new stadium reminds me a little of Texas State's Bobcat Stadium which holds about 15,200:

30.jpg

BISD will probably have a small lower deck than this stadium.

BISD will have a smaller lower deck but a bigger upper deck. BISD stadium is a good

average SLC stadium. This is why LU must expand now or LU will establish itself as a fancy

high schoolish football program. LU must always be a few steps higher than high school or we

will see the 1980's all over again. LU CAN NOT have anyone saying BISD stadium is equal or better

than LU stadium. If that happens, LU football becomes a joke in the community.

LU's big plan of the future is to go to D1, which will require them to have a minimum of 33,000 seats.  They are kind of land locked, but I think there is room if proper planning is followed.  I agree, stadium renovations will be expensive and to make seating capacity at a minimum of 33k will take some vision.  They will do a good job, Dr. Simmons is all in.  There is no sense in trying to cut corners and do it the same old way.  I'm glad the idiots who were responsible for the collapse of the program are gone.  Football is expensive and the people responsible realize that they cannot cut corners.  I expect big things from LU in the future.  Bottomline, FOOTBALL is the pinnacle sport in Texas, Period!  Let's do it right.

Guest abovetherim

I disagree that Football is pinnacle in SE Texas on any level............

Basketball has proven that it wins more titles than Football does!!!!!

KP, I have to disagree with you here. Yes, the HS basketball programs (especially Kountze, HJ, Ozen and the like) have had success on the state level but football is king in Texas and that includes SE Texas.

You know I love basketball too but from the private schools to the UIL classes 1A-5A fan's flock to the stadiums by the thousands. In HS basketball it's a nice crowd if there are over 1,000 in attendance.

I disagree that Football is pinnacle in SE Texas on any level............

Basketball has proven that it wins more titles than Football does!!!!!

KP, even though I agree with you in a sense, from a dollar point of view, it's not even close. It is much easier for us here at SETXsports to get sponsors for football than it is for basketball or any other sport. Trust me, I have been there.

Even though we did great with a few basketball backers the last couple of seasons, they still pale in comparison to the football backers in these parts.

LU's big plan of the future is to go to D1, which will require them to have a minimum of 33,000 seats.  They are kind of land locked, but I think there is room if proper planning is followed.  I agree, stadium renovations will be expensive and to make seating capacity at a minimum of 33k will take some vision.  They will do a good job, Dr. Simmons is all in.  There is no sense in trying to cut corners and do it the same old way.  I'm glad the idiots who were responsible for the collapse of the program are gone.  Football is expensive and the people responsible realize that they cannot cut corners.  I expect big things from LU in the future.  Bottomline, FOOTBALL is the pinnacle sport in Texas, Period!  Let's do it right.

FIRST - Lamar WILL be D-I the day they start playing football.  Just as the basketball and baseball teams are now.

SECOND - Your 33,000 stadium size figure is TOTALLY WRONG.  AND it was NEVER a rule EVER.

The NCAA does not have a minimum size stadium capacity requirement.  The requirement is simply that a team wanting to complete in the Fooball bowl SUBDIVISION (FBS) of Division I must average 15,000 in ACTUAL paid attendance per game over a 3 year period before being considered for FBS.  FCS has no such requirement at this time.

Only three of the 8 current SunBelt teams can make that 15K claim now (with a lot of help), and several CUSA schools are also in trouble as well.

SECOND - Your 33,000 stadium size figure is TOTALLY WRONG.  AND it was NEVER a rule EVER.

You're almost correct in your statement.  As I understand it, in the very early '80's, the NCAA split football into D1A and D1AA.  The requirement to remain in D1A, the top level of competition now known as FBS, was to have a minimum 30,000 seat capacity stadium.  Many programs, such as North Texas, chose not to meet the stadium requirement and simply dropped down to D1AA (NT's death wish).  NT remained there for 10 years, and in 1994 made the push to move to D1A.  The requirement then was to have the 30,000 seat stadium, which they did through expansion, and average 17,000 or so fans that season.  I may be off on the attendance average requirement, but 17K seems about right.  It was just a one year stadium/attendance requirement for programs wanting to compete in D1A.

To be FBS today, you need to average 15k. So far the NCAA has not enforced that rule because

a lot of FBS would be booted out. Many conferences would be ripped apart; Sunbelt, WAC, CUSA....

BTW, on wiki it is showing on the SLC page UTSA is a football school playing in a 65,000 Alamo Dome

while Lamar has no stadium and is a no-football school. Talk about no respect.

Guest coachacola

BTW, on wiki it is showing on the SLC page UTSA is a football school playing in a 65,000 Alamo Dome

while Lamar has no stadium and is a no-football school. Talk about no respect.

You're very consistent with the "LU is a victim" theme.  :D

It's just not adding up.

What confuses me about the BISD stadium is it's seating capacity. They say it will be 11,000 capacity, but with two decks on each side, you would think there would be more. I know that PNG, Nederland, and even 3A Silsbee's stadium holds 10,000, and that's just single decks on both sides. PNG's stadium probably holds more than 10,000 with it's new expansion.

Cardinal Stadium holds 17,500 with single decks, roughly 7,000 more than what the BISD stadium will hold. Maybe that has something to do with the lower costs of builing the BISD stadium. Looks as though those decks won't be very big. ::)

These are the numbers listed for biggest HS stadiums in SETX

1. Indian Stadium (PN-G) 13,000

2. Bulldog Stadium (Nederland) 11,000

3. Durley Stadium (West Brook) 10,000

3. Zaharias Stadium (Central) 10,000

3. Raider Stadium (Lumberton) 10,000

6. Pirate Stadium (Vidor) 9,600

7. Hooks Stadium (WOS) 9,500

8. Tiger Stadium (Silsbee) 9,300

9. Memorial Stadium (Memorial) 8,500- I think this number is off even though it has gotten smaller over the years.

9. Ward Stadium (Bridge City) 8,500

9. Bear Stadium (LC-M) 8,500

Lumberton added I had it just forgot to type it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476