Danaher and Vance...

The point I'm making is that he doesn't have experience as a HC.  Does PN-G want to pay big bucks for some one's "on the job training?"  Personally I think not.  If it's from the list, stick with Danaher or Vance.

I like the experience Faircloth has at great football program schools like (OPermian, HP, and Westlake) however there are many old Permian, Plano, Katy etc young coaches that have went out and took 3A HD coaching jobs to have the full experience of Head Coach....The people in the PNGISD would eat him alive if things were not even going close to their way....Not good for a young gun....

If Danaher wants it, its his...I think Vance would do Ok.....However I think people are overlooking guys like Judd, Chancellor and the guy from Justin Northwest (look at that district and his past experience)....

I would want to know more on Fairlcoth and if he is actually "calling the shots"...They just brought in an Assoc. Head Coach????.....Hmmmm

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much behind Danaher and Vance.  I've said from the start:  not an impressive list.  I'll admit, this did surprise me that there were not more "marquee" names.

Danaher would be the no brainer....If Vance was brought in, PNG should have just kept Burnett and told him to get something more out of the offense.....

Who on that list after those (2) are solid?

Not much behind Danaher and Vance.  I've said from the start:  not an impressive list.  I'll admit, this did surprise me that there were not more "marquee" names.

Danaher would be the no brainer....If Vance was brought in, PNG should have just kept Burnett and told him to get something more out of the offense.....

Who on that list after those (2) are solid?

I expected names like Faircloth(Top Notch OC), and maybe Vance (top level 3A Coach), but Danaher surpasses my expectations.

Watched the vids and seems like Vance has a good thing going at Liberty Hill.  Does anyone know or can speculate why he is wanting to leave Liberty Hill for PNG?

I "speculate" that he would like more money for retirement!  Either that, or he would like to go back to LH and say, "this is what PN-G is offering me, can you match that?"

Watched the vids and seems like Vance has a good thing going at Liberty Hill.  Does anyone know or can speculate why he is wanting to leave Liberty Hill for PNG?

I "speculate" that he would like more money for retirement!  Either that, or he would like to go back to LH and say, "this is what PN-G is offering me, can you match that?"

Hey Young Coach, do you know how old Vance is?  He looks to be about the same age as Danaher.  From what I'm seeing and hearing, the top contenders for PNG HC/AD are Garrett, Vance, Danaher.

Hey Young Coach, do you know how old Vance is?  He looks to be about the same age as Danaher.  From what I'm seeing and hearing, the top contenders for PNG HC/AD are Garrett, Vance, Danaher.

I'm not sure how old Vance is, but I'm guessing early 60's?  Same as Danaher....both ready for retirement after they get their best three years of salary.  Of course...that's just my "speculation".  I could be wrong. 

I still say the best two candidates for PN-G; somebody that will be there for 15+ years and continue the honor, pride and tradition that the Indians pride themselves upon, are Garrett and Faircloth.

They are losing alot this year.

I guess because they are losing a lot this year, the chance to coach a 4A team, and the increase in salary would be something to jump at.  From watching the vids, I can see that LH has a huge fan base like PNG.  Vance's record at LH is GREAT!

I'm not sure how old Vance is, but I'm guessing early 60's?  Same as Danaher....both ready for retirement after they get their best three years of salary.  Of course...that's just my "speculation".  I could be wrong. 

I still say the best two candidates for PN-G; somebody that will be there for 15+ years and continue the honor, pride and tradition that the Indians pride themselves upon, are Garrett and Faircloth.

To The Young Coach

Danaher is not applying at PNG to boost his retirement. I know...because I recruited him for this position. He is currently in an area that has a decreasing population base, and, in my opinion, changing demographics that are not favorable for producing a state champion. He wants a state title before he retires. Period. There's no hidden agenda. And hopefully he can make it happen here. He plans on coaching for at least eight more years.

They are losing alot this year.

I guess because they are losing a lot this year, the chance to coach a 4A team, and the increase in salary would be something to jump at.  From watching the vids, I can see that LH has a huge fan base like PNG.  Vance's record at LH is GREAT!

It's my understanding LH in the past were not as good as they have been in the last 4-5 years.How long has Vance been at LH.Where else has he coached and what were the results

To The Young Coach

Danaher is not applying at PNG to boost his retirement. I know...because I recruited him for this position. He is currently in an area that has a decreasing population base, and, in my opinion, changing demographics that are not favorable for producing a state champion. He wants a state title before he retires. Period. There's no hidden agenda. And hopefully he can make it happen here. He plans on coaching for at least eight more years.

If he is going to coach for 8 more years then I hope he gets it. He would put the program back to a top notch level. The younger coahes there would learn a lot from him. Another thing is if he could get the program back where it needs to be then when he leaves there be a lot of good choices that would want to inherit the job.The "list of candidates would be a good one.

Faircloth is one of the speakers at the Nike coach of the year conference in Dallas this week. I'm sure not all coaches get the prevlidge of speaking to group of coaches like this. This is a top notch conference

He definitely is a good one, I think we have three guys that we can't go wrong with. But my vote is for Danaher first.

The only other thing to do then is have the top five candidates have a public forum/debate for all Indian fans to watch. Then pick the winner. Hey Coop you up for it? ;D J/K  We could have it at the Reservation

Actually, this sounds like a good idea to me.  Of course, ONLY PNG folks should be allowed into the forum.....sorry, fellas!  ;)

I don't care if you love them or hate them this hiring board has their hands full. Not matter which way you go your be second guessed, but will have a good coach

Agree, the board has their hands full on this one, but looks like, whatever they decide, PNG will come out the winner !

PNG>>>>>>>>>>>Honor..........Pride..........Tradition..........CONTINUES.....!

The only other thing to do then is have the top five candidates have a public forum/debate for all Indian fans to watch. Then pick the winner. Hey Coop you up for it? ;D J/K  We could have it at the Reservation

That's the best idea I've heard on here!

I would imagine most Indians could care less how they debate. If we were hiring a debate team coach...perhaps. Past performance is indicative of future success.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder