Lumberton 20 Silsbee 13 Final in Scrimmage

KFDM COOP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT IS A SCRIMAGE! 10:00 min 3 quarters and no special teams (punt and Pat excluded).. Not even close to being a real game. If this was a real game the tigers would have scouted the Raiders a little bit and been ready for the new offense they put in this year. Good luck to the Raiders!

Silsbee needs to stop making excuses about losing to Lumberton and worry more about their upcoming schedule. Wonder what your reasons for losing will be when WO-S and Jasper bowl you over. Besides' date=' how much bashing did Lumberton do to you a couple of years ago when you were 0-10? HMMMMMMMM[/quote']

Good luck to you. By the way how many games did yall win last year and how many times have you made the playoffs? Good luck I am out on the RAIDER MANIA!

Both first teams ended in a 13-13 tie, Silsbee missed an extra point on one of their tds, while Lumberton was held to two fg's and a td. Silsbee did get to the Raider 10 on another drive but then threw an interception. Lumberton never turned the ball over and never gave up a sack, I was impressed. Both teams second team played the most of the last quarter (3rd) with Lumberton scoring with just a few seconds left. Silsbee needs work on their pass rush and their pass defense, paticularly passes in the flat. Silsbee ran the ball very well against the Raiders, but that was no suprise. Lumberton showed alot of moxy, they are showing the right attitude on the field.

As for the question about the numbers, I was a little suprised myself. I actually counted the number of players out there. Silsbee had 40 players suited up for varsity, Lumberton had 32.

Guest Alltheway08

Jody wrote:

Lumberton poster, are you living in a dream world...... Your 1st team stinks and Silsbee is going to give you a wood shed beating, just like BH and any other team would do on any given day. It is a scrimmage and not even a game type scrimmage at that. The score means nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing.......good Lord.

Are you sure your not a Lumberton transplant form Orange?

What happened Jody?? i think its time for you to realize that there is more teams out there than BH that can win...

It's amazing how Lumberton already has a 0-10 record as said by some. How about letting us have a little confidence that we might do better than the 0-8 from last year. JV whipped tail and went 8-0 and beat everyone pretty good.

Like I said earlier, I hope that all doubters are eating CROW and the end of the year. Maybe we can serve CHAMPION the first serving!!!!! :evil:

There is something to be said about having a quiet confidence. There is no need in getting on any board and smack talking. Make sure your team knows that ya'll are behind them but a message board is not the way you do that. This is a great place to provide stats and facts, and there is nothing wrong with say that your team will win. After that game (or scrimmage) win or lose move on to the next one. If ya'll are going to start winning, and I hope ya'll do as well as all the area teams, you need to learn how to do it with class and good sportsmanship. As the old saying goes "act like you have been there before". I think that if this happens that ya'll will find out there will be far more supporters outside your own community.

I came away from this game impressed with the Lumberton Raiders. Total different team from last years' date=' with a different type of football from them.[/b'] No four or five wide trying to throw every down. A lot of split backs with several roll out type plays. They have a very good QB who can throw and he has a couple of good receivers that can catch. They'll throw four or five times in a roll and then hit you up the middle with either a quick trap or a draw play. I really think that their going to give people fits in that district this year.

lumberton dont have as many to choose from so they dont go in and out as much but they use what they have and so far its proven to be enough..and both QB's played awesome tonight with a few minor mistakes. as the season comes and goes i think people will realize how much these guys want it

Way to go' date=' Raiders! Things really are beginning to change. Soon, your detractors won't be nearly so vocal. Keep up the good work, winning is contagious... [/quote']

Thanks, folks! I think that our Boys will appreciate hearing a few GOOD things.

Sure, we Lumberton folks are excited about this year, and some of us parents are a little over-zealous. Our Boys are pumped too. And yeah, we've been a little too verbal in the boasting category. We are all human. As parents, we want our kids to succeed. Our kids really, really want to succeed. They want to be the group that, for once, gets to talk about being on top from the actual experience of being there. Throw in a little bit of extra testosterone, and there ya go.

It's just really getting old to read the same trash talk over and over again from the same bashers all the time. Some of it is done it jest, and some of it is not. So what? For those that are incessantly attacking Lumberton, get a life.

I read somewhere that there was a WO-S board--other than this one--well, this one appears to be "run" by mostly WO-S-ers (there are a few others too, but these are the ones that stand out). No I don't mean admins or mods, such as Coop, I'm talking about the ones that are always flapping and running the board with their superior attitudes. Some of them lead me to believe that they are just miserable old washed up has-beens with absolutely nothing else to do (just MY 2 cents, not a personal attack).

I originally came to this forum to try to understand and learn a little more about the sport my son so dearly loves and wants to play. What I've learned here is that if you didn't start out on top here, you're destined to be ridiculed from here on out.

Am I crying? Uh, NO...I can trash talk and heckle my opponent right along with the best of them. But, at least I can still remember to respect the adversaries. Respect the athletes out there playing their hearts out-win or lose.

Why would anyone expect the youngsters here to do any differently than what they've learned by example? Case in point: the kid who's misconstruing my line about the glass slippers. It wasn't really funny the first time you misquoted me; it sure as heck ain't funny after the zillionth time.

Bash me if you must, but let our kids enjoy themselves. You only live once.

This Lumberton Mom is proud of her kid, win or lose-that's no trash.

It's amazing how Lumberton already has a 0-10 record as said by some. How about letting us have a little confidence that we might do better than the 0-8 from last year. JV whipped tail and went 8-0 and beat everyone pretty good.

Like I said earlier' date=' I hope that all doubters are eating CROW and the end of the year. Maybe we can serve CHAMPION the first serving!!!!! :evil:[/quote']

If and when L-town make the playoffs I will be the first to eat my crow (but can I have some A1 sauce please and myabe a slice of white bread) Like I said before GOOD LUCK to the RAIDERS "THE END"!

I would like to believe that most of the smack talking is done by some kids. The adults that do this prabably do not have a child playing at the high school level or they would realize the hard work and dedication these young men put in even if they dont play up to anothers standards. Just my thoughts.

Hey gusher I am not miscontructing anything or taking anything out of context..You said it and you need to stick by what you said..

Dont get on here and say something and then try to blame anyone else but your self..

Why you on here bashing WOS people?.Talking about what they do..They cant say anything?

The time has come to back up what yall have been saying...

Dont bring other people into what you and others have been saying.

The time has coem to back up all the talk!!!!

I believe it went "get the glass slippers out, Lumberton is coming to raid the castle"..

YOU said that, not ME!!

Hey gusher I am not miscontructing anything or taking anything out of context..You said it and you need to stick by what you said..

Dont get on here and say something and then try to blame anyone else but your self..

Why you on here bashing WOS people?.Talking about what they do..They cant say anything?

The time has come to back up what yall have been saying...

Dont bring other people into what you and others have been saying.

The time has coem to back up all the talk!!!!

I believe it went "get the glass slippers out' date=' Lumberton is coming to raid the castle"..

YOU said that, not ME!![/quote']

Hey piratefan, please re-read the following:

Obviously, this hype was intended to be in context along with the topic of the forum...

As for BASHING WOS...at NO time did I say anything about anyone as a fact...I stated:

Furthermore, I did not at ANY point, say in any of my posts that Lumberton would be in the playoffs this year. Yes, I did go out on the limb and say that next year it would certainly happen. Proud parent-so sue me.

BLAME anyone? Hardly. What's to blame? Certainly anyone can say almost anything here...it's a public forum. I simply stated that sometimes the crap gets old.

This is absolutely astonishing. We have a scrimmage where the game is controlled, only a mere 3 10 minute quarters, no real special teams play, and a full quarter of nothing but backup players to observe the team depth. I guess if you want to base your season on a scrimmage so be it. It is great to feel positive about your team. It would be about time for Lumberton to improve somewhat in this sport, but be realistic about what the past few weeks were really about. Silsbee nor Lumberton had the entire gameplans at these scrimmages. Each of these teams will see "real" losses this season. I would think if you wanted to talk smack it would be after a few games that at least counted. I remember a Paris team taking a few early season setbacks all to come back and beat a certain team in this area for the state title once. :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder