Lumberton 20 Silsbee 13 Final in Scrimmage

KFDM COOP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came away from this game impressed with the Lumberton Raiders. Total different team from last years, with a different type of football from them. No four or five wide trying to throw every down. A lot of split backs with several roll out type plays. They have a very good QB who can throw and he has a couple of good receivers that can catch. They'll throw four or five times in a roll and then hit you up the middle with either a quick trap or a draw play. I really think that their going to give people fits in that district this year.

Silsbee has a huge defensive and offensive line, and a very good football team. But for as big as they are up front, those guys didn't do to much tonight. QB is quick, and they run the ball well, but they did seem to have problems in the passing game. Also their secondary seemed to have trouble covering Lumbertons receivers. I'm sure they'll right the ship before district and become a team to reckon with once district starts.

by far the most intense game ive ever seen other than jasper and gilmer a couple of years ago, that was very nerve racking and i was the happiest player in the world when that clock stopped, nobody except the players expected the raiders to win and i truly hope that some respect can be shown to my fellow teammates

The raiders looked good. But need work on the kicking game. Twenty yard punts dont win games. Silsbee second group on Offense looked good (they played most of the third). Too bad this could have been a real with real game situations(special teams). I still think Lumberton will have trouble in the big 12.... Number 1 and 6 from Ltown are good ball players!

The raiders looked good. But need work on the kicking game. Twenty yard punts dont win games. Silsbee second group on Offense looked good (they played most of the third). Too bad this could have been a real with real game situations(special teams). I still think Lumberton will have trouble in the big 12.... Number 1 and 6 from Ltown are good ball players!

So did they have the starters in there most of the game or were they still running new kids in and out?

Man this was a great game aka scrimmage, the raiders has baller said showed great heart, even though we are a small team we can play with the big boys and we determined that and yes we do need to work on our kickin game but we will have a good season, and good luck to the tigers good luck in that tuff district

Guest Alltheway08

this was a great game!!! the raider came to play...and silsbee just never got anything going...lumbertons offense moved the ball good every possesion but the second which started on their on 10 and was 1st and 15....but this team just has great heart and will not settle for anything but victory..GOOD JOB RAIDERS!!!! good luck this year silsbee!!

In the third Silsbee had the second team in on Offense and they moved the ball but couldnt score. The tigers had alot of kids in and out but I bet Lumberton did too.... The Raiders were on tonight. I think Ltowns qb may have thrown one bad pass all night.......

lumberton dont have as many to choose from so they dont go in and out as much but they use what they have and so far its proven to be enough..and both QB's played awesome tonight with a few minor mistakes. as the season comes and goes i think people will realize how much these guys want it

Lumberton finally seems to be heading in the right direction. They have a coach that is a proven winner and cares about his boys. The community is showing more support than ever before. Moral and confidence is in the air in the city of Lumberton!!!!!!

To all the individuals and teams in southeast texas 4A district, trash talk and overlooking the Lumberton Raiders may result in you having to eat a rare dish not normally seen on a menu........... CROW!!!!

GO LUMBERTON RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Lumberton finally seems to be heading in the right direction. They have a coach that is a proven winner and cares about his boys. The community is showing more support than ever before. Moral and confidence is in the air in the city of Lumberton!!!!!!

To all the individuals and teams in southeast texas 4A district' date=' trash talk and overlooking the Lumberton Raiders may result in you having to eat a rare dish not normally seen on a menu........... CROW!!!!

GO LUMBERTON RAIDERS!!!!!!![/quote']

Nobody trashtalked until the Lumberton people got on here crowing about how their going to dominate even though in the entire history of Lumberton football they've been a doormat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder