Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant tell me that WB has a better playoff history than PNG its just not close. We have had a few down years but we are in the process of repairing that. There are some good groups on there way through the next few seasons.

BTW, just as a side note, PN-G is 0-8 lifetime against West Brook.

No disrespect to WB, but when you combine 3-4 avg. 4-A teams, to make 1 powerhouse MEGA school, WB should win every time.

I'm not sure I understand the point you were trying to make ???.

Nah i think hes good coach but not a great one. Great is hooks.barbay.neuman.

What makes them so great?

1. Hooks has won in 5A, 4A and 3A with multiple state titles (and lots of years)! He is great.

2. Barbay has won at the 3A and 4A levels with multiple state titles (and lots of years)! He is great.

3. Neuman has built a good program at Nederland, no state titles and only one deep playoff run (lots of years). Not great, but very good.

Now, would you have taken anyone of these coaches after four years of there career? Probably not unless you could see the future. You take a risk on a young guy based on what he has done in a short period of time and hope it continues as in Hooks, Barbay and Neuman! Stump has done a very good job in a short period in his first public school gig you can't deny that. And I am so tired of you saying that he wins because of the talent. The same talent was there when Rabb was there and he couldn't win! Plus Stump has won as many playoff games in four years at WB as your self proclaimed great coach at Hardin (Haynes) has in 20 years.

Guest Brubaker

3. Neuman has built a good program at Nederland, no state titles and only one deep playoff run (lots of years). Not great, but very good.

Neumann went to the Regional Finals or deeper 4 straight years???

Nah i think hes good coach but not a great one. Great is hooks.barbay.neuman.

What makes them so great?

1. Hooks has won in 5A, 4A and 3A with multiple state titles (and lots of years)! He is great.

2. Barbay has won at the 3A and 4A levels with multiple state titles (and lots of years)! He is great.

Now, would you have taken anyone of these coaches after four years of there career? Probably not unless you could see the future. You take a risk on a young guy based on what he has done in a short period of time and hope it continues as in Hooks, Barbay and Neuman! Stump has done a very good job in a short period in his first public school gig you can't deny that. And I am so tired of you saying that he wins because of the talent. The same talent was there when Rabb was there and he couldn't win! Plus Stump has won as many playoff games in four years at WB as your self proclaimed great coach at Hardin (Haynes) has in 20 years.

No it was not. Ozen came into the picture a year after Rabb took over the reigns at the Brook. ALOT of the talent that would have gone to West Brook (kids in the Pear Orchard neighborhoods) suddenly went to Ozen, and our talent pool really took a hit. Without that talent, West Brook was nowhere near as successful as it was. It has only been in the last few years that that talent has slowly come back, and as you can see, Ozen is not what it once was as a result of that. So you see, Stump is a pretty good coach without the talent, but he's even better with it. Talent makes alot of difference.

Neumann went to the Regional Finals or deeper 4 straight years???

Exactly one deep playoff run, Semifinals is a deep playoff run. I am not knocking what the man has done, but he is not on the same level as Hooks or Barbay, yet!

Haynes been coaching  for 18yrs not 20 get ur facts right and has only one losing season has turned around every program hes been at.

Yeah he turned them all around and has 6 playoff wins in 18 years to prove how great he is! So if Haynes is so great (with his 6 playoff wins) what is the knock on Stump (with his 6 playoff wins)?

Let him go  to 7 or 8 different schools   and turn all of them around like haynes did. When all those schools werent good when he got there and then when he leaves they go back to being horrible.

Whatever? ::) You realize how ridiculous that is right?

6 wins in 18 years. That says all I need to know!

Back on topic. I would be very happy with either, Danaher, Stump and even Faircloth has a pretty good resume as an upstart. Faircloth offenses have been impressive and he is used to winning (Permian, Highland Park and Westlake).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder