Hey Indian fans...for what its worth..re: CRAIG STUMP STAYING AT WB!!

PNG1992

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard similar rumors but I am not sure Stump is the right man for the job. He has been successful at Westbrook but look at his talent pool. He is getting the best players in Beaumont and his spread offense does not fit the personnel of PNG. I believe that the Liberty Hill offense or one of a similar style would be successful at Port Neches. I know that the Liberty Hill coach has withdrawn his name ,but I still believe that you have to run the offense suited to your strengths which explains why Vidor was  successful this year when they changed to a Wing T offense. When Stump went to West Brook he brought his best quarterback from Kelly which gave him a D1 2 year starter. Other talent soon followed from Ozen and Central. I my opinion Stump has done less with more talent and at Port Neches you have to do more with less talent.

I have heard similar rumors but I am not sure Stump is the right man for the job. He has been successful at Westbrook but look at his talent pool. He is getting the best players in Beaumont and his spread offense does not fit the personnel of PNG. I believe that the Liberty Hill offense or one of a similar style would be successful at Port Neches. I know that the Liberty Hill coach has withdrawn his name ,but I still believe that you have to run the offense suited to your strengths which explains why Vidor was  successful this year when they changed to a Wing T offense. When Stump went to West Brook he brought his best quarterback from Kelly which gave him a D1 2 year starter. Other talent soon followed from Ozen and Central. I my opinion Stump has done less with more talent and at Port Neches you have to do more with less talent.

Agree 100%, now if other people would see that

Good point but good Coaches run the right Offenses with what talent they have.

So it would be reasonable to assume that you admittedly agree that there is far less talent in Port Neches than in Beaumont? Then this just confirms what I said WAY back on page.....4 or 5 about there not being enough talent in Port Neches to run Stumps offense the way it needs to be run in order to be effective. Just checking...... ;D

You poor, poor people don't have a clue!! So your saying that Stump could not win at PNG. And he has all of this D1 talent at WB. First of all, He can win anywhere and second of all beside C-Mike. Show me the college stand out WB has produced in the last 4 years? Craig has made good players, Great. That is all. Sorry 82 5A There have been no moreJerry Balls or James Brown's any more!!

If Png doesn't want their players playing at their best then Craig is not the right guy!!

Guest Brubaker

You poor, poor people don't have a clue!! So your saying that Stump could not win at PNG. And he has all of this D1 talent at WB. First of all, He can win anywhere and second of all beside C-Mike. Show me the college stand out WB has produced in the last 4 years? Craig has made good players, Great. That is all. Sorry 82 5A There have been no moreJerry Balls or James Brown's any more!!

If Png doesn't want their players playing at their best then Craig is not the right guy!!

Now you're begging Meaux, Stump either like the talent he has a WB, or he thinks it's better at PNG... it's a simple question.  If Stump is as smart as you say he is then he'll make the right choice... that's why I've called this a Litmus test for PNG.  You seem to be his best bud, so if you can't get him to your old stompin grounds, then that means bad things for PNG, that's my opinion and I think it's based on fact... I'm sticking to it.

Guest Brubaker

Admin, you hit on something, this would give Neumann a renewed sense of purpose in the MCM rivalry, I think he was getting bored slappin that you know what... bring in Stump and he has a renewed vigor.  He's all the freakin high school coach STUMP is and more, especially given the PNG vs Ned talent pool

Guest Brubaker

PNG's gonna have to find an up and comer with the balls to put up with that community and the talent to make chicken salad.  Look PNG is a great and historical community in the history of Texas football, but times change.  Lumberton is the new PNG, I hate to say it since I'm from Nederland.  But PNG is losing the battle of pull from Lumberton and they ain't getting the players from the flight from PA Memorial... this is fact and it don't look good.  I will be looking for a Stump decision, if he says NO, for about a 20% raise at a prestigious school, then that's my LITMUS TEST.

PNG's gonna have to find an up and comer with the balls to put up with that community and the talent to make chicken salad.  Look PNG is a great and historical community in the history of Texas football, but times change.  Lumberton is the new PNG, I hate to say it since I'm from Nederland.  But PNG is losing the battle of pull from Lumberton and they ain't getting the players from the flight from PA Memorial... this is fact and it don't look good.  I will be looking for a Stump decision, if he says NO, for about a 20% raise at a prestigious school, then that's my LITMUS TEST.

Finally, somebody with Reason and a Brain!!!!  I was beginning to think I was the only one.  Can A mod sticky this somewhere!!!

Brubaker are you still upset because Stump put that butt whoppin on BIG NED the last time they played. When ya'll had Mosley and Moheka? Ya'lls best play was PUNT!!! And ya'll had that little butler kid run all around... I think the score was like 52-7? I do remember scoring 5 TD's in the 3rd Quarter though!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder