PNGISD to file with Attorney General

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty Brittain, the PN-G ISD board president, told The Enterprise on Tuesday there was reservation about releasing the names to the public for the fear that one of the candidates might lose their job for pursuing the position.

are you people really loosing that much sleep over this job position.. just be patience, remember its a virtue

Randall said the PN-G ISD has received five public information requests from local media including The Enterprise and one request from a private citizen

FOI filed also for the release of the private citizen's name who has requested this information :P

LOL...If they release THAT info, I hope that person doesn't have a kid going to school there  ;)

Rusty Brittain, the PN-G ISD board president, told The Enterprise on Tuesday there was reservation about releasing the names to the public for the fear that one of the candidates might lose their job for pursuing the position.

are you people really loosing that much sleep over this job position.. just be patience, remember its a virtue

Nah...I don't lose sleep for anything ;D  (well...one thing..but that's irrelevant to this board  ::).  I'm just curious about PNG being soooo concerned about a potential candidate losing their job...So basically LCM doesn't care if someone loses thier job??.. I personally tend to agree with RED Headed Stepchild's post...something is being put under the carpet I think.

Nah...I don't lose sleep for anything ;D  (well...one thing..but that's irrelevant to this board  ::).  I'm just curious about PNG being soooo concerned about a potential candidate losing their job...So basically LCM doesn't care if someone loses thier job??.. I personally tend to agree with RED Headed Stepchild's post...something is being put under the carpet I think.

I don't live in the PNG district so it's really not a big deal to me, BUT my interest is in seeing how many applications were accepted by the board that did NOT have a Masters degree after they made such a big deal about this being a requirement.

Guest Silsbee88

I don't live in the PNG district so it's really not a big deal to me, BUT my interest is in seeing how many applications were accepted by the board that did NOT have a Masters degree after they made such a big deal about this being a requirement.

They could provide that information without providing the names and current positions.  Personally, I believe that it is BS that so many want to know all that applied........it is irrealevant to the public who applies........ it only matters who the administration and board hire!  With this much pressure to provide names etc, it only fits that not all interested in this job would apply........ Some would not apply because they feel that they may lose repect in their current position if not lose their job.  I wish the media and public could respect these applicants and their families and trust the board and administration to do their job!

PN-G is not tryin to hide anything.  Look what happened to the guy at Boston College when he interviewed.  FIRED!!!!!  It is not so much applicants are worried about being fired though, it has to do with the program they are at.  If the kids, community, school, fellow coaches see them looking for another job, it makes his job more difficult if he does not get the PN-G position.  It has to do with privacy.  I do not agree with media sources pushing the FOI.  I know it is the law.  PN-G should have hired a firm to  accept applications and sift through them.  Then FOI does not apply.  I know if my name was made public, I would be very unhappy.

Guest tigersvoice

It is obvious Ms. Randall and the Board are attempting to hide something.

I can't comprehend what the Board might be hiding except those names of people that applied at both schools. :o

And again I ask...Whas about LCM...It can't be that much a different situation...can it??

Absolutely no difference, same opinion applies.

Sisbee88 and some others have it right---the fact is that a gain of short term knowledge will be followed by a shorter list of candidates the next time around and there WILL be a next time-----relax and let the board do its job

Don't live in PN-G but this topic has been interesting since the old coach stepped down.  If one of the candidates is concerned about losing his job then he's probably in the wrong job anyway IMO.  Anyone standing in the way of anyone trying to better their situation is probably not someone you want to be working for in the first place.

Lets say you worked at a sports radio station, or were a tv weather man, or even an insurance agent.

And there was this great job out there that paid twice what you were making.  It would be great for your family if you could get that job.  The only thing is if your current boss finds out you applied you are fired which would be catastophic for your family.

You people are facilitating the catastrophic part.  Mind your own business and at least wait for a finalist list.

This world is about people.  Do this for the families of these men that are applying.

The part about losing ones job, is a red herring by the school board.

Don't live in PN-G but this topic has been interesting since the old coach stepped down.  If one of the candidates is concerned about losing his job then he's probably in the wrong job anyway IMO.  Anyone standing in the way of anyone trying to better their situation is probably not someone you want to be working for in the first place.

I don't have a dog in this hunt either, but its not really about someone getting fired for looking, that doesn't happen too often.  But your current employer and the kids and parents of your current program are all going to look at you differently knowing that you were looking.  Businesses do NOT release the names of their applicants...heck the best people wouldn't APPLY if they did!  These applicants are trying to improve their position in life, put yourself in their place...would you want your current employer to know you are looking for greener pastures????  Its all a moot point anyway, since schools are government entities and HAVE to release the info...doesn't mean I have to like it or its right though. 

I don't have a dog in this hunt either, but its not really about someone getting fired for looking, that doesn't happen too often.  But your current employer and the kids and parents of your current program are all going to look at you differently knowing that you were looking.  Businesses do NOT release the names of their applicants...heck the best people wouldn't APPLY if they did!   These applicants are trying to improve their position in life, put yourself in their place...would you want your current employer to know you are looking for greener pastures????   Its all a moot point anyway, since schools are government entities and HAVE to release the info...doesn't mean I have to like it or its right though. 

oh my!--Hill Guy and Diamond-J are in agreement! I need to buy a lotto ticket

And again I ask...Whas about LCM...It can't be that much a different situation...can it??

Absolutely no difference, same opinion applies.

There could be a big difference, if a coach is currently at a college level that has applied!!! I really could care less if a list comes out or not. I just want the INDIANS to get back to winning and get a coach in there that can do it right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83