PNGISD to file with Attorney General

This is beginning to be funnier than hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the school board holds out so the blood sucking media cannot get there story!!!!!

The media is whatswrong with our country today, they have too much freedom of press. They are just a evil as the papparatzi!!!!!! They can make or break you!!!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Beaumont Enterprise

Under Section 552.304(a) of the Texas Public Information Act, PN-G ISD should be required to release this information. But they're stalling. So we ask you, gentle readers, to get involved. Any letter you send does not need to be elaborate or detailed. The AG is clear on the law; the issues worth underscoring here are the high level of interest in the information and the accountability of an elected body. If you don't, these school boards will just continue to snow the general public -- using your tax dollars to do whatever they want. Sound familiar?

Just remember, citizen journalists: if you submit a comment, please copy the school district (the contact info is on the above letter), as required by 552.304(B).

Give 'em heck. They deserve it.

is this an editorial from the enterprise ?

This is beginning to be funnier than heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the school board holds out so the blood sucking media cannot get there story!!!!!

The media is whatswrong with our country today, they have too much freedom of press. They are just a evil as the papparatzi!!!!!! They can make or break you!!!!!!!!

Too much freedom of the press? Soooooo do you want it like say Cuba? Or Iran? Or Nazi Germany? Or Red China? People like you really scare me....You want to burn some books while you're at it?

KDOS do you live in the PNG school district or have any kids going to school here ? Just curious.....

Not important. When you start to ask where I live, that can be taken as a threat........You are not "getting what we are crabbing about." Somehow there are people in the PNG area that think they can do whatever. What one group must do, all must do....Rules folks, rules. I am not thrilled with FOI, but we got to follow the rules. If PNGISD was doing it for the good of all in education, they would have done it for something other than the coaching applicants.

KDOS do you live in the PNG school district or have any kids going to school here ? Just curious.....

Not important. When you start to ask where I live, that can be taken as a threat........You are not "getting what we are crabbing about." Somehow there are people in the PNG area that think they can do whatever. What one group must do, all must do....Rules folks, rules. I am not thrilled with FOI, but we got to follow the rules. If PNGISD was doing it for the good of all in education, they would have done it for something other than the coaching applicants.

Has it been 10 days since the FOI was filed? Is it ten business days? Has a law been broken yet if it has not been 10 days? By the way, what school district do you live in?

Quote        "Not important. When you start to ask where I live, that can be taken as a threat........You are not "getting what we are crabbing about." Somehow there are people in the PNG area that think they can do whatever. What one group must do, all must do....Rules folks, rules. I am not thrilled with FOI, but we got to follow the rules. If PNGISD was doing it for the good of all in education, they would have done it for something other than the coaching applicants."

Dude are you serious that because I ask if you live within the district you could take that as a threat ? I have no idea who you are much less do I care !!! Now your sounding paranoid. That was a question asked because I wanted to know if what the PNG Board does affects you ?  A threat ! Come on !!

As wild as some of the conversations have been, and this is an open forum, some nut may read that I do live in the district, put two and two together and make a 2am visit....It it would be from teenager(s) who thinks they are cool by doing so.... I have probably said more than I should... :-\

Quote         "Not important. When you start to ask where I live, that can be taken as a threat........You are not "getting what we are crabbing about." Somehow there are people in the PNG area that think they can do whatever. What one group must do, all must do....Rules folks, rules. I am not thrilled with FOI, but we got to follow the rules. If PNGISD was doing it for the good of all in education, they would have done it for something other than the coaching applicants."

Dude are you serious that because I ask if you live within the district you could take that as a threat ? I have no idea who you are much less do I care !!! Now your sounding paranoid. That was a question asked because I wanted to know if what the PNG Board does affects you ?  A threat ! Come on !!

We as PNG fans are arrogant and dangerous, didnt ya know?

Has it been 10 days since the FOI was filed? Is it ten business days? Has a law been broken yet if it has not been 10 days? By the way, what school district do you live in?

When the AG said they had to release it last week, PN-G filed another deal. That could take up to 45 days from last week. But i found out today several Petitions were being signed and would be sent to the AG this week, so i would think the list would be released anytime.

I was wondering why the economy is so bad, the number of unemployed people has risen, and the governmental bailouts happened. Now I know! It's the media! Better blame the media too when you read the scores from Friday night. I'm not a media sympathizer but be realistic here. The Board is willingly and knowingly breaking the law and how did you find out about it? The media. Who is holding PNGISD accountable for breaking these laws? The media. Who is making sure that YOUR freedom to know what is going on is not being violated? So, in essence, the media are looking out for your liberties more than you are. Just a thought here....paper and ink are cheap. The way the PNGISD handled this situation is a lose/lose situation. All I can say is after the smoke clears, the Board better get used to even more scrutiny from the media outlets. This will not be pretty.

I have talked to many PNG residents and I assure you that they are not happy at all about the deliberate refusal to adhere to the law. The parents I know say, and I quote, "What example do they think they are setting? They are acting the same way that the adminstrators discipline the students for."  Now THAT'S irony. I guess government classes are cancelled for the remainder of the school year.

I was wondering why the economy is so bad, the number of unemployed people has risen, and the governmental bailouts happened. Now I know! It's the media! Better blame the media too when you read the scores from Friday night. I'm not a media sympathizer but be realistic here. The Board is willingly and knowingly breaking the law and how did you find out about it? The media. Who is holding PNGISD accountable for breaking these laws? The media. Who is making sure that YOUR freedom to know what is going on is not being violated? So, in essence, the media are looking out for your liberties more than you are. Just a thought here....paper and ink are cheap. The way the PNGISD handled this situation is a lose/lose situation. All I can say is after the smoke clears, the Board better get used to even more scrutiny from the media outlets. This will not be pretty.

I have talked to many PNG residents and I assure you that they are not happy at all about the deliberate refusal to adhere to the law. The parents I know say, and I quote, "What example do they think they are setting? They are acting the same way that the adminstrators discipline the students for."  Now THAT'S irony. I guess government classes are cancelled for the remainder of the school year.

They have 10 days!!! They have broken no laws.

The media will probably put us in a bad light because they're upset they didn't get their way. To me that's wrong because they're taking advantage of being able to put whatever they want (spin) on TV. Now who do you think is above the law, that's right the media. Go cover somebody else and leave PNG alone. I haven't seen but a couple of PNG fans upset over not seeing the list and everybody else from every other school and area dog us out. There's been so much school and community bashing PNG on these articles, but since the person that runs this site is in the media business then the rules can be bent and nothing happens. Sorry guys, but this has pissed me off. It's hard not to take this stuff personal when people post personal attacks against school and community that you live in

The media will probably put us in a bad light because they're upset they didn't get their way. To me that's wrong because they're taking advantage of being able to put whatever they want (spin) on TV. Now who do you think is above the law, that's right the media. Go cover somebody else and leave PNG alone. I haven't seen but a couple of PNG fans upset over not seeing the list and everybody else from every other school and area dog us out. There's been so much school and community bashing PNG on these articles, but since the person that runs this site is in the media business then the rules can be bent and nothing happens. Sorry guys, but this has pissed me off. It's hard not to take this stuff personal when people post personal attacks against school and community that you live in

I understand where you are coming from.

I understand where you are coming from.

AMEN and they have 10 days until they have "broken" the law

As wild as some of the conversations have been, and this is an open forum, some nut may read that I do live in the district, put two and two together and make a 2am visit....It it would be from teenager(s) who thinks they are cool by doing so.... I have probably said more than I should... :-\

Don't feel alone.  I live in PN, have for years, had season tickets since 1956, love the community and the Indians, and I've been "attacked" because I also think the law should be followed.  The AG has ruled on this issue several times previously. There ARE people who make threats and, I promise, the next threat I get will result in a call to Paul Lemoine, PN Chief of Police. Please, folks, realize that not all PN people are arrogant and think they're better than the law. I don't care who our next coach is (but, I admit, I do have some I'd love to see hired) and I just want PN bashing to stop and everyone to get along.  All this will pass--sooner if we follow the rules and laws set down by the State of Texas.

10 days is up.

Hey Coop, the FOI was filed on the 12th or 13th right? Also, is it ten days period, or is it 10 business days?

10 days

from when? It would have had to been filed last Saturday to be times up for PNGISD. I thought it was filed Tuesday after they refused to release it that Monday?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont