PNG will not hire this coach... not qualified

I am sick of you Indians complaining about people being jealous and hating on you.  You put yourself on that pedestal so don't get mad when people are looking up at you laughing.  Do not mistake dominance with money.  Money does buy you a new stadium, Money does buy you turf and a sixty foot score board, Money does allow you to pay a coach 100,000 dollars a year, and money does able you to require a masters degree when none of the other schools in the area can, but money also buys you a losing season with your only win coming from a team that is thinking about hiring a baseball coach as the AD.  Come on guys?  I am proud supporter of a 2A school that still waters the grass, the coaches take turns mowing the field, has a score board that was donated to them by a guy who fries chicken for a living, has a press box that is falling apart and pays their AD about what your janitor makes and they are just as proud of their program as you are.  They have just as many if not more supporters on this site than you do that keep it from being boring and they played for a state championship this month. So what did y'all do in the month of December? Oh yea, y'all removed your Coach of several years that has done nothing but dedicate his life to your program, for What?  Because you watched Central who wasn't even supposed make the playoffs go four deep in the playoffs, and you watched teams like Lumberton and Livington that has always been beneath you dominate you!  So you wanna talk about Jealousy, and Haters?  If that's what being a Indian is all about, and bleeding purple, then even though I live in Groves now,  Make no mistake IM A WILDCAT FAN!   

Then move back!!!

I am sick of you Indians complaining about people being jealous and hating on you.  You put yourself on that pedestal so don't get mad when people are looking up at you laughing.  Do not mistake dominance with money.  Money does buy you a new stadium, Money does buy you turf and a sixty foot score board, Money does allow you to pay a coach 100,000 dollars a year, and money does able you to require a masters degree when none of the other schools in the area can, but money also buys you a losing season with your only win coming from a team that is thinking about hiring a baseball coach as the AD.  Come on guys?  I am proud supporter of a 2A school that still waters the grass, the coaches take turns mowing the field, has a score board that was donated to them by a guy who fries chicken for a living, has a press box that is falling apart and pays their AD about what your janitor makes and they are just as proud of their program as you are.  They have just as many if not more supporters on this site than you do that keep it from being boring and they played for a state championship this month. So what did y'all do in the month of December? Oh yea, y'all removed your Coach of several years that has done nothing but dedicate his life to your program, for What?  Because you watched Central who wasn't even supposed make the playoffs go four deep in the playoffs, and you watched teams like Lumberton and Livington that has always been beneath you dominate you!  So you wanna talk about Jealousy, and Haters?  If that's what being a Indian is all about, and bleeding purple, then even though I live in Groves now,  Make no mistake IM A WILDCAT FAN!   

Then move back!!!

I second that !!! I think he's angry that they don't allow livestock in the yards in Groves..... ;)

We have to remember that the PNG fans did not set the qualifications for the new AD/Head Coach...the school board did.  I'm proud to be an Indian, I bleed purple, I'm proud of our new stadium, I liked Matt Burnett, my son was a past Indian Spirit, my daughter an Indianette, and I think PNG is the BEST school district in Texas and proud that I live here and support this district.  I grew up in Newton and think that it is the BEST district for those folks, as well as Nederland, Kirbyville, LCM, WOS, Dayton, etc, etc.  My point is, is that the district we choose to live in and send our kids too SHOULD be the BEST district in our eyes.  I know a lot of comments are taken in jist towards PNG and the hiring practices of a new coach, however, some of the comments cut a little deep.  PNG will be back and will hire the a new AD/Coach and the fans will deal with the cards that are dealt to them.  We all want the BEST for our schools, but remember, this is about those young men that suit up each and every Friday night and go out and play their hearts out for our enjoyment.  Lets not forget them.  Ok, off my soapbox now. I hope each and everyone of you have a Merry Christmas and a very prosperous and Happy New Year!

We couldn't afford to feed Mangino! ;D

But seriously, why are you guys so hung up on the Master thing? People get hired all the time that don't meet all the requirements set forth in the Job posting! I no for sure PNG will not be turning down any great applicant's because they don't have their masters.

Then why post them as "requirements"? I can see that all applicants will be considered but they would "prefer" a master degree.

Something in this process seems like they are trying to keep some or certain people from applying. I could care less what PNG does but this doesn't seem to pass the sniff test.

I thought it said recommended not required! I too could care less. I don't have a dog in the fight.

Interviews will not take place until after the close date.  Just so everyone realizes that the PNG job is not the only one out there you can go to the TASA website and see all the openings in the state.  PNG is the last to hire which will make it tough to get a great coach.  Most of the coaches will have already accepted positions out there that are more attractive.  You can also look at the attached website for coaches salaries to get an idea of where PNG stands.

Coaching Jobs in the State

This is the hidden content, please

Coaches Salaries from 2005

This is the hidden content, please

Is there a website for 3A coaches salaries? I didn't find it!

Guest rykerx144

Then move back!!!

Why would you want me to do that??  I'm the only football fan in this district that supports a team with a winning record!  If i left there wouldnt be any!

quote]is there something wrong with wanting the best for our kids??i dont think so.ryker,the png program has been flat.a program starts in 7th grade and ends in 12th.we need a coach to come in and get a "program" going.if you live here then you ought to be all for that.agreed.the masters requirement is out of the publics hands.we have to give it a chance.we dont have another choice.im like you im not from png but give it time and it'll grow on ya.you'll find most people in groves/pn are good people and not elitist.were happy for k-ville and hope we get back to that level soon.

If it weren't for all the PNG haters, these boards would be slow & dull. Merry Christmas y'all!

Yeah, you're right, we're hating all the dominance you've had during this new century.  ::)

:D

Alvarez won't be around forever, could go back to being the old Kirbyville. The one thing going for you is big fish in small pond.Even if Alvarez takes a better job, as long as you can stay 2A ya'll will be alright.

I know one guy with a Master's Degree that has applied and is getting an interview next week! 

Then why don't you tell us since it's public knowledge?  ;)

I choose to remain anonymous. 

I hear ya Young Coach , I know for a fact that there is no hidden agenda with the School Board as some are implying. The school board does want a change and a change for the best. They agonized bad over the move with Matt , and they are not going to go through that to not go all the way through with doing the right thing. If they were not going to do what was best for PNG in who they hire they would have just left Matt where he was.

I know one guy with a Master's Degree that has applied and is getting an interview next week! 

I hear ya Young Coach , I know for a fact that there is no hidden agenda with the School Board as some are implying. The school board does want a change and a change for the best. They agonized bad over the move with Matt , and they are not going to go through that to not go all the way through with doing the right thing. If they were not going to do what was best for PNG in who they hire they would have just left Matt where he was.

they were too hasty in their decision. matt had alot of young kids to work with. might've been a different story if they would at least gave him one more year to prove that. school boards, bah hum bug >:( >:( >:(

Do you guys still have that silly white guy that dresses up like an indian and does that little odd looking dance during the games?  I don't think that is too politically correct during this day and age.  I mean the guy is not even a real Indian.  That's the way you guys in PNG portray the Indian culture?  It's a little offensive when you think about it, isn't it? 

they were too hasty in their decision. matt had alot of young kids to work with. might've been a different story if they would at least gave him one more year to prove that. school boards, bah hum bug >:( >:( >:(

Before you make a post like this you might want to check PNG's record since 2000.

Never mind here it is:

Year W-L-T  Coach Highlights

2008 3-6-0  Matt Burnett 

2007 8-4  Matt Burnett District Champions

2006 5-5  Matt Burnett 

2005 5-3  Matt Burnett 

2004 8-4  Matt Burnett District Champions

2003 9-3*  Matt Burnett District Champions, *includes 38-18 win over Jasper that was later forfeited

2002 5-5-0  Matt Burnett 

2001 3-6-0  Matt Burnett 

2000 5-5-0  Matt Burnett

Like it or not change is coming.

Do you guys still have that silly white guy that dresses up like an Indian and does that little odd looking dance during the games?  I don't think that is too politically correct during this day and age.  I mean the guy is not even a real Indian.  That's the way you guys in PNG portray the Indian culture?  It's a little offensive when you think about it, isn't it? 

Not from PNG, but he was around last year and think he will be around for years to come. I'm from TJ (NOT Memorial) and always thought that the Indian Spirit was cool. As for as Indian Culture, Indians were known for their war dances. That is basically what he does.......and pretty well I might add! 

I think we are too politically correct these days, can't call a short guy short.......he's "vertically challenged"  I think that's bull and I'm a short guy!  ;)

And their fight song is cool and gets the fans motivated!!

Superfly...are u serious?  This has been rehashed before.  The Indians have the permission of the Cherokee nation.  Check out pngindians.com

The choice of "Indians" as the PN-G school nickname in 1925 was likely influenced by the rich local history.  Port Neches was once the home of the only Indian village in Jefferson County, Texas.  As early as 500 AD, Nacazil, Attakapas, Karankawa and other Indian tribes once made their home on a high bluff overlooking the Neches River that later became  the town of Port Neches.  In 1980, Port Neches-Groves High School was presented the official seal of the Cherokee Nation.

Who will PN-G hire as head coach/AD???  That's a good question.  I know they are ready for a change over there.  We'll see what happens. 

Before you make a post like this you might want to check PNG's record since 2000.

Never mind here it is:

Year W-L-T   Coach Highlights

2008 3-6-0   Matt Burnett   

2007 8-4   Matt Burnett District Champions

2006 5-5   Matt Burnett   

2005 5-3   Matt Burnett   

2004 8-4   Matt Burnett District Champions

2003 9-3*   Matt Burnett District Champions, *includes 38-18 win over Jasper that was later forfeited

2002 5-5-0   Matt Burnett   

2001 3-6-0   Matt Burnett   

2000 5-5-0   Matt Burnett

Looks like da PNG community needs to upgrade der gene pool!  Whooaaaaaaaaa!

Never mind here it is:

Year W-L-T   Coach Highlights

2008 3-6-0   Matt Burnett   

2007 8-4   Matt Burnett District Champions

2006 5-5   Matt Burnett   

2005 5-3   Matt Burnett   

2004 8-4   Matt Burnett District Champions

2003 9-3*   Matt Burnett District Champions, *includes 38-18 win over Jasper that was later forfeited

2002 5-5-0   Matt Burnett   

2001 3-6-0   Matt Burnett   

2000 5-5-0   Matt Burnett

Looks like da PNG community needs to upgrade der gene pool!  Whooaaaaaaaaa!

Ouch!  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder