What coaches are applying where.

Guest Silsbee88

No such site.  However, it is not private information.  The school must give you the information if you ask for it.  That would be a great site! 

This is not true, they are not required to provide information in applicants for a coaching position.

No such site.  However, it is not private information.  The school must give you the information if you ask for it.  That would be a great site! 

This is not true, they are not required to provide information in applicants for a coaching position.

Ummmmm....yes they are.  If they are a public school.  And don't ever call me a liar again

NOPE THEY ARE NOT!!! They can keep the entire list to themselves, with one exception and that is the Finalists list. This is the law and only applies to school districts on such personnel matters. Cities and such would have to supply anyone with all candidates for a post, but not school's. Again just the finalists!

NOPE THEY ARE NOT!!! They can keep the entire list to themselves, with one exception and that is the Finalists list. This is the law and only applies to school districts on such personnel matters. Cities and such would have to supply anyone with all candidates for a post, but not school's. Again just the finalists!

You are in big trouble. He said "don't ever call him a liar again" and you did!! Now what???  ;D

Relax "Francis" this is all for fun. BTW, that won't be the last person that disagrees with you.  8)

Any organization that is run from public funds is required complete disclosure to the public.  If you want to know who's applied at your school, simply make an open records request in writing for the specific information you wish to view.

Public funds does not make everything open to public view. There are plenty of things that are protected information internally. I have no clue if they have to release applicant names but to think that a public institution must disclose everything is incorrect.

Ok you nimwits... EVERYTHING that involves a public school in Texas falls under the Texas Public Information Act.  Here is an article about the La Marque job....

EXAMPLE #1

A fair warning to job applicants

By Heber Taylor

The Daily News

Published March 2, 2008

To all the football coaches who are considering applying for the high-profile position in La Marque: Please be aware that your applications are a matter of public record.

We want to be upfront about this. The Daily News routinely seeks the names of the finalists for key posts in cities and school districts across the county.

The information obviously is of public interest. News that Chris Jones would resign as La Marque’s athletic director and head football coach after just one year on the job spread rapidly across the state. Naturally, people in the school district are interested in the candidates for that job.

The information obviously is also a matter of public record. This is clear under the Texas Public Information Act. The courts have consistently held that the public has a right to know who the finalists for such key positions are.

Often, local governments balk at releasing the names of candidates for key jobs on the grounds that releasing the information might embarrass someone.

Think about that objection for a second. Someone who is applying for that job is asking for a position that is funded with public money. Doesn’t the public have a right to know who the candidates are? And does potential embarrassment outweigh that right?

A year ago, The Daily News sent a letter to the La Marque Independent School District informing it that the newspaper would sue to get the names of the finalists for the head coaching job, which was vacant at that time.

Shortly after the newspaper’s attorney sent the letter, the school district released the information.

We think that was a good thing.

Why?

The La Marque school district had planned all along to conduct a public meeting to let people meet the candidates and ask questions.

But by letting ordinary citizens know, before the public meeting, who the candidates were, the district allowed people to inform themselves about the candidates, their records and their credentials. That, in turn, allowed people to ask better questions. It allowed ordinary citizens to contact their representatives on the school board and express an opinion.

That kind of free exchange of public information about the public’s business empowers ordinary people to become informed citizens — and act accordingly.

That’s the way representative government should work

Ok you nimwits... EVERYTHING that involves a public school in Texas falls under the Texas Public Information Act.  Here is an article about the La Marque job....

EXAMPLE #1

A fair warning to job applicants

By Heber Taylor

The Daily News

Published March 2, 2008

To all the football coaches who are considering applying for the high-profile position in La Marque: Please be aware that your applications are a matter of public record.

........The Daily News routinely seeks the names of the   finalists  for key posts in cities and school districts across the county.

................ This is clear under the Texas Public Information Act. The courts have consistently held that the public has a right to know who the finalists for such key positions are.

I'd watch out for the nimwit talk. All information is not public contrary to your "EVERYTHING" comment.

You then posted an article...... that says the "finalists" must be released according to the courts. So much for "everything". Then, how much of the application is to be released? The entire application including credit ratings or just names and schools?

Better go back and rethink your post nimw... uh... The Young Coach. 

Well I would like to think that I know how to do my job some what and that applies here especially. That article verifies the finalists, and I again point out that they are the only names that must be released. You can thank the TEA most likely on this one. Anyone that witnessed Liberty search for a new coach can attest to this one. Some school's will release that info and it is certainly appreciated when they do, but again they do not have to.

Guest Silsbee88

Ummmmm....yes they are.  If they are a public school.  And don't ever call me a liar again

LIAR.......  I know for a fact that not all applicants are made a part of the open records act.  Been there done that!

LIAR.......  I know for a fact that not all applicants are made a part of the open records act.  Been there done that!

I'm telling you he has warned yall for the last time.  ;D

You are treading on thin ice 88.  ;D

Anyone that acts like that shouldn't even get an interview with PNG or anyone else. Grow up young one.

Guest Silsbee88

I'm telling you he has warned yall for the last time.  ;D

You are treading on thin ice 88.  ;D

Anyone that acts like that shouldn't even get an interview with PNG or anyone else. Grow up young one.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah....well everything also includes emails, gradebooks, lesson plans, EVERYTHING! 

I don't believe that anybody can go in and ask to see a teacher's emails, gradebooks or lesson plans.

That is simply not true. 

If they have a legitimate reason, everything is subject to public records.  Most of the idiot coaches that fool around with little girls get caught via email.  There are hundreds of examples of this..unfortunately.  If the taxpayers want to know something that involves a public entity, they are entitled to it.  Sad but true...

Yeah....well everything also includes emails, gradebooks, lesson plans, EVERYTHING! 

I don't believe that anybody can go in and ask to see a teacher's emails, gradebooks or lesson plans.

That is simply not true. 

I hate to take the Young Coach's side here because he seems a little brash and immature, but we sign a release at our school that says that administrators may check to see what websites our computers visit.  Our email activity is reviewable, as well, and will be saved for FIVE YEARS.  :o 

So there you go, ya liar!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder