LCM

That loud noise  should motivate the players and get them fired up to compete. When you walk on the field you shud use everything available to get game ready. If your not you are missing out!

Well if that is the case, then I am sure glad that WOS dosn't have one they would probably just kill people if they got fired up for a game. 

I think until your program can back up all of that crap you have no business acting like you are the baddest team in the district.  To me that is kind of like smack talk, it just makes you look worse when you do it and get your but kicked. 

All the flash and glamour in the world will not make you play better, it has to start with the program. Just ask Moody!

Well if that is the case, then I am sure glad that WOS dosn't have one they would probably just kill people if they got fired up for a game. 

I think until your program can back up all of that crap you have no business acting like you are the baddest team in the district.  To me that is kind of like smack talk, it just makes you look worse when you do it and get your but kicked. 

All the flash and glamour in the world will not make you play better, it has to start with the program. Just ask Moody!

The scoreboard and all of the things that it brings with it are good in my opinion.  It's an fantastic addition to the stadium and school.  To me, the best part of the board is the player profile that enables an individual video clip to be shown of a player when they make an outstanding play.  It's a big deal for the kids and the scoreboard is just an avenue to add to the Friday night experience.

Using your train of thought then I guess just because a team doesn't have a successful season they are not worthy enough to have a scoreboard, band, cheerleaders, matching uniforms, etc...?

Good post Slam.

School spirit, community support, facility and stadium improvements should not be based on wins and losses. I've heard a lot about the program's failure and lack of success and a lot is warrented.

With all the criticism of the recent team and their season, I for one think there has not been nearly enough acknowledgment to the players on a winless team that stuck it out and kept fighting through a tough season. A season that got tougher with each loss and equally increasing criticism.

LCM is down but they are currently work to get back on track.

Supporters paid for the scoreboard which says a lot. Most supports love the scoreboard and most visitors wish they had it.

Good post Slam.

School spirit, community support, facility and stadium improvements should not be based on wins and losses. I've heard a lot about the program's failure and lack of success and a lot is warrented.

With all the criticism of the recent team and their season, I for one think there has not been nearly enough acknowledgment to the players on a winless team that stuck it out and kept fighting through a tough season. A season that got tougher with each loss and equally increasing criticism.

LCM is down but they are currently work to get back on track.

Supporters paid for the scoreboard which says a lot. Most supports love the scoreboard and most visitors wish they had it.

Nice post...you got an "Amen" from me.

I know that everyone gets caught up in the competitiveness of High School football and every school is measured by wins and loses and that's the way it should be. But even though the young Bears of "08 took a lot of tough shots on the field and verbal abuse from a lot of individuals...I have high hopes for this tough minded group of young men that this rough year will help drive their success in the next few years. 

There's a wind of change in the air at LCM. 

I have never talked bad about one player on the team, as a matter of fact I coached a bunch of them and know them well.

My point about the score board is that the money could have been used for better things, I believe that it cost 90,000.00.  That would have gone a long way to buying new equipment for the JR high level that needed it badly.  I know that up until a few years ago LCJH was still playing in helmets, shoulder pads and leg pads that were from the 1970's.  They have bought some new equipment but some are still playing in shoulder pads from 1974. 

The money could have been use for better things that actually might help the program. 

I agree it is nice, but then nice never won a football game. 

Slam14, I never said anything about cheerleaders and band and all of that stuff.  Matter of fact my daughter is a cheerleader at LCM, but I will stand by my opinion the score board was a little premature.  Also don't start believing that it is a big deal to the kids, it wasn't bought for them in the first place, it was bought for an ego maniac of a coach that wanted to be able to say look what I did.

I have never talked bad about one player on the team, as a matter of fact I coached a bunch of them and know them well.

My point about the score board is that the money could have been used for better things, I believe that it cost 90,000.00.  That would have gone a long way to buying new equipment for the JR high level that needed it badly.  I know that up until a few years ago LCJH was still playing in helmets, shoulder pads and leg pads that were from the 1970's.  They have bought some new equipment but some are still playing in shoulder pads from 1974. 

The money could have been use for better things that actually might help the program. 

I agree it is nice, but then nice never won a football game. 

Slam14, I never said anything about cheerleaders and band and all of that stuff.  Matter of fact my daughter is a cheerleader at LCM, but I will stand by my opinion the score board was a little premature.  Also don't start believing that it is a big deal to the kids, it wasn't bought for them in the first place, it was bought for an ego maniac of a coach that wanted to be able to say look what I did.

BigSwitch,

No need to get defensive...I was just stating my own opinion and I still believe the scoreboard is a good thing.  I wasn't throwing darts.

I think you are unclear about the payment for the scoreboard though.  The scoreboard was paid for by community/area businesses and personal donations.  The donations were solicited for the sole purpose of purchasing the new scoreboard.  Even the company that erected and wired the board donated their services.  I can't remember all of the businesses that made major contributions, but they all have advertisements attached to the scoreboard.  This was not taxpayers money and none of this money could have been used for anything else but the board.  You are certainly right about the Jr Highs needs for EVERYTHING!   

(Surely our daughters must know each other)  ;)

Slam all I am saying is I think we put the cart before the horse.  I like the scoreboard, I just think I was unnecessary at the time. 

You did not offend me, I just want to make sure that everyone knows I would never down these kids, I have a big place in my heart for all of them.

It is truly unfair that they have had to deal with what they have in our past coaching.  It seems like anytime we have a good class of kids, we have terrible coaching, seems to be LCM's legacy, other than DW.

Slam all I am saying is I think we put the cart before the horse.  I like the scoreboard, I just think I was unnecessary at the time. 

You did not offend me, I just want to make sure that everyone knows I would never down these kids, I have a big place in my heart for all of them.

It is truly unfair that they have had to deal with what they have in our past coaching.  It seems like anytime we have a good class of kids, we have terrible coaching, seems to be LCM's legacy, other than DW.

Fair enough.

In an earlier post "mat" refers to the players at LCM taking criticism for having a tough season.  I stated that some individuals had giving these young men a lot of verbal abuse.  That was a general statement and certainly not directed at you or anyone specific.  Sorry if you read that into it.

The senior class of '08 has some of the best athletes in school history that haven't set foot on the football field in a long time.    The new coach has to find a way to make kids feel "left out" if they aren't playing football.

Guest thefan

The baseball players have walk out music and I don't know if you have attended a basketball game lately  BigSwitch but they are pretty loud also. I for one think it is great. The students love it as well as the players and the crowd.I have even seen some of the parents from the visiting teams enjoying it also.Loosen up and have fun. It will not make you win or lose but it sure is nice when you look up there and see your son or daughters face.

I think were on the same page about the players. It can be as big a challenge finishing a season 0-10 as it is finishing 10-0, just different, and these players had not been recognized nearly enough. My comments weren't focused on any individual but a general state related to the many pages of posts in the past.

Eventhough everyone liked DW, many were excited, hopeful and supportive of a new chapter in LCM  football. The new AD, district, students and community came together to support a new era and the scoreboard, BOJO catch phrase and other changes were a part of a new direction that most were on board for.

The disappointing fact is we fell way short of anyones expectations to say the least.

We pick ourselves, dust ourselves off and do it again and show the same hope and support as last time. LCM did end up with a nice scoreboard.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder