Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy Semi Final Predictions?

From DCTF website:

SEMIFINAL II:

Dayton (12-1) vs. Kerrville Tivy (12-2)

2 p.m. Saturday, Georgetown

DCTF's breakdown: What a duel we have brewing in this one. It's not just a showdown of elite quarterbacks ... it's a showdown of pass-catch combos where all four players can make legitimate claims for an All-Texas high school team spot. That's good stuff.

We'll start with Dayton. Surprisingly, my inbox has not glowed with praise for Broncos QB Cody Green this year. Despite his DI interest ... despite his terrific playoff performances ... many readers seem reluctant to jump on his bandwagon. Obviously they have seen more of the Nebraska-bound talent than I have, but I would put his playoff numbers (and season numbers: 2,734 passing yards, 29 TDs and 1,353 rushing yards, 25 TDs) in pretty elite company. Looking at those totals, you don't need me to tell you he's a dual-threat kind of guy, and had he not lost last season to an injury, he might be one of the most heavily recruited guys in Texas. His primary target, A.J. Dugat, is also a statistical gold mine (1,531 receiving yards, 18 TDs and 485 rushing yards, 6 TDs), and while I said not every reader is totally buying into Green yet, they all rave about Dugat. Fast, strong and athletic, Dugat has been turning heads all year long. What are we getting at here? Dayton can score. A lot.

But Kerrville Tivy would love to see this turn into a shootout. QB Colton Palmer has had an up and down season; he started off the year in grand fashion, posting rushing and passing numbers that rivaled some of the state's best. But then there was a suspension involved in the middle of the season, and he temporarily lost his job to sophomore Johnny Manziel. When Palmer returned to the lineup, Manziel was playing well enough that they started to split time under center, with Palmer taking his non-QB snaps at center. Well, last week Palmer reasserted himself as the full-time starter at quarterback, reuniting him with standout WR Logan Vick. That combination makes Tivy extremely dangerous offensively, and I'm not sure Dayton will be able to outscore a team of the Antlers' talents. As great as these two offenses are, it might be a push as to which is better. That would mean it might come down to a defensive stop or two, and in that case, I like Tivy.

Padilla Poll says: Tivy by 5

Jerry's TXFB Ratings says: Tivy by 6

TexasFootball.com says: Kerrville Tivy 42, Dayton 35

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the first predictions I'v actually seen for TIVY and a 3 man sweep.  Dayton defense still gets no respect....can't figure that one out.  It's going to take a defensive stop or two and in that case I like Tivy.  It's not like their defense has given up 200 points more than the other one...I like them better.  Let's see...Ravens D or Lions D....I'll take the Lions straight up and in a hurry.

Sorry folks, Dayton has trouble with the pass at times but if it's going to be which defense wins this game for their team, I'm picking Dayton's D against any of the remaining teams sans Everman.

When I see predictions like that (ie. 5 or 6 pts), it makes me think the prognosticators are fairly unsure of themselves and that they really think the game could go either way. But, since its their job to make predictions... they go to the power ratings, schedule etc. to make their call on a very tight race on paper.

if the broncos come into this game focused and bring their "a" game, i think we can give kerrville all they want and more. i probably will miss my first game next week in 13 years. hate it bad. wanted to be there. but, got to work. good luck broncos on your quest towards state. my heart is with you guys. get em broncs

If you miss this game won't that just make you "sick"  there you go -call in sick- we won't tell anybody!

they're laying off at work. got to be there. hate to but got to. wished i could call in sick.I'm sick about it too.  :'( :'( :'(

That is where you are messing up... don't call in sick..... tell them you have "Anal Glaucoma" ... because you just can't see your @$$ coming in :-D

When I see predictions like that (ie. 5 or 6 pts), it makes me think the prognosticators are fairly unsure of themselves and that they really think the game could go either way. But, since its their job to make predictions... they go to the power ratings, schedule etc. to make their call on a very tight race on paper.

Actually the power ranking predictor/simulator that's on HSsports.net or something like that has this game ending in a 33-33 tie.  You can pick teams and they'll run a sim game based on some sort of Nielsen type ratings.  Take me awhile to find it again but I'm sure someone knows where it is. 

Looks like this game could come down to defensive execution. And maybe a turnover here and there. I still don't think their defense is any better than the ones we've already faced. No reason to believe our O line won't be able to open up the running game which in turn will open it up for AJ. Just my opinion.

if the broncos come into this game focused and bring their "a" game, i think we can give kerrville all they want and more. i probably will miss my first game next week in 13 years. hate it bad. wanted to be there. but, got to work. good luck broncos on your quest towards state. my heart is with you guys. get em broncs

If you miss this game won't that just make you "sick"  there you go -call in sick- we won't tell anybody!

they're laying off at work. got to be there. hate to but got to. wished i could call in sick.I'm sick about it too.  :'( :'( :'(

That is where you are messing up... don't call in sick..... tell them you have "Anal Glaucoma" ... because you just can't see your @$$ coming in :-D

well, looks like i'll be there. they had a big lay-off at my job and unfortunately after 25 years, i was one of them :'(. so i will be there rooting for my broncos. take it to them dayton. . lets go another level.

Actually the power ranking predictor/simulator that's on HSsports.net or something like that has this game ending in a 33-33 tie.  You can pick teams and they'll run a sim game based on some sort of Nielsen type ratings.  Take me awhile to find it again but I'm sure someone knows where it is. 

This is the hidden content, please

these are the ratings I was mentioning... Tivy has the edge in their personal power rating and in every playoff opponent compared to Dayton except in the first round. This doesn't simulate games... but you get the idea.

well, looks like i'll be there. they had a big lay-off at my job and unfortunately after 25 years, i was one of them :'(. so i will be there rooting for my broncos. take it to them dayton. . lets go another level.

sorry to hear that dude!  Glad you'll be with us though. Good luck on the job hunt.

Scouting Report on Kerrville Tivy: Screens, reverses, screens, shotgun option/read, screen, reverses, and a long pass down field, in which they don't have the speed to run fly routes against dayton.. the defense is pretty good w/ Prater anchoring the linebackers but still nobody in texas can matchup with AJ so double team him and we will smash mouth your arse.. Dayton is know for smashmouth football if you don't know!

???? Wow, Im embarrassed for you.  Dayton fans...I wont hold this guy against you.  8)

I know you havn't seen TIVY play, But Tivy and Dayton are VERY similar...style and players

All of these predictions are right around my Broncos 35 Tivy 31 score, except they have Tivy winning.

Will be interesting to see how these teams match up against probably the best defenses they have played against.

If it comes down to coaching, I got to go with the Broncos.

I think a turnover or maybe even a penalty on a third or fourth down play in the fourth quarter may decide this contest.  Should be a close game all the way down to the end.

Scouting Report on Kerrville Tivy: Screens, reverses, screens, shotgun option/read, screen, reverses, and a long pass down field, in which they don't have the speed to run fly routes against dayton.. the defense is pretty good w/ Prater anchoring the linebackers but still nobody in texas can matchup with AJ so double team him and we will smash mouth your arse.. Dayton is know for smashmouth football if you don't know!

???? Wow, Im embarrassed for you.  Dayton fans...I wont hold this guy against you.  8)

I know you havn't seen TIVY play, But Tivy and Dayton are VERY similar...style and players

:D

All of these predictions are right around my Broncos 35 Tivy 31 score, except they have Tivy winning.

Will be interesting to see how these teams match up against probably the best defenses they have played against.

I think a turnover or maybe even a penalty on a third or fourth down play in the fourth quarter may decide this contest.  Should be a close game all the way down to the end.

You must know all about Kerrville coaches, explain...

You must know all about Kerrville coaches, explain...

Just from my experience, the Dayton coaches put the players in position to make the plays.

No discredit to the Kerrville coaches.

Should be a FANTASTIC game!!!

;D Dayton whippin Kirbyville Tivy... Easily. Dayton boy get your ring sizes in! HAHA... Boys are goin all the way this year! Good luck to any team including Kirbyville. Dayton would whip Friendswood if they played them again this year! For sure... I'm A BRONCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW..... ???

I don't know how to respond to this...let me guess 13 year old freshmen?

Alright fellas I'm here now let's get the banter flowing, I'm a Kerrville Tivy grad tried and former player. I was on the 87' '88 team that went to the Dome for the Semis back in the day. Let me stir up the pot for the Bronco fans. Guys, let's get real and do some deep soul searching regarding this Saturday's contest in Georgetown. I understand you want your team to win and do well but I'm sure you already know that it's Tivy's year for success and they will step on anyone trying to get in the way!!!!!

Alright fellas I'm here now let's get the banter flowing, I'm a Kerrville Tivy grad tried and former player. I was on the 87' '88 team that went to the Dome for the Semis back in the day. Let me stir up the pot for the Bronco fans. Guys, let's get real and do some deep soul searching regarding this Saturday's contest in Georgetown. I understand you want your team to win and do well but I'm sure you already know that it's Tivy's year for success and they will step on anyone trying to get in the way!!!!!

That's a homer post if I've ever seen one...  :D

I think it's very interesting how both of these teams have overcome some adversity to be hear. Dayton lost players to legal trouble for the year and Tivy lost some for a few games for some stuff as well. both have overcome these things to get where they are. That's a testament to the kids and the coaches.

You guys are totally in the dark when it comes to Kerrville Tivy, with the advent of the internet you would think that some of your guy would be doing some sort of research and be shaking in your boots by what you find, trust me, this is a bad draw for you Broncos, it just is. Kerrville's motto is T.F.N.D. Meaning Tivy Fight Never Dies, these guys never give up especially if they get behind they get hungrier and they make very few mistakes. And don't be shocked because they don't have marquee running backs or receivers because these guys are lethal. Tivy 28 Dayton 10 and that's very liberal.

You guys are totally in the dark when it comes to Kerrville Tivy, with the advent of the internet you would think that some of your guy would be doing some sort of research and be shaking in your boots by what you find, trust me, this is a bad draw for you Broncos, it just is. Kerrville's motto is T.F.N.D. Meaning Tivy Fight Never Dies, these guys never give up especially if they get behind they get hungrier and they make very few mistakes. And don't be shocked because they don't have marquee running backs or receivers because these guys are lethal. Tivy 28 Dayton 10 and that's very liberal.

way more than 38 points scored in this one--Dayton by at least 14

::)

I guess it's true what they say.... every town's got one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics