Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy Semi Final Predictions?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Massey Ratings:

Note: rankings include all classifications.

Top 4 teams left in 4A DII

Massey rank          Schedule        Offense rank          Defense        Power rank

Dayton                    76                    313                92                        114              87 

Kerrville Tivy            52                  140                36                        183              72

Sulphur Springs        24                  61                  5                          150              29

Everman                  11                  162                16                          42                14

Massey rank           Schedule         Offense rank           Defense         Power rank

Dayton                    76                    313                92                        114               87   

Kerrville Tivy             52                   140                36                         183               72

Sulphur Springs         24                   61                  5                           150               29

Everman                  11                   162                16                          42                 14

Looks like Dayton's got it's work set out for them in the final four.

At least our defense is in the top two.

GOOD LUCK BRONCOS!

Massey rank           Schedule         Offense rank           Defense         Power rank

Dayton                    76                    313                92                        114               87   

Kerrville Tivy             52                   140                36                         183               72

Sulphur Springs         24                   61                  5                           150               29

Everman                  11                   162                16                          42                 14

Looks like Dayton's got it's work set out for them in the final four.

At least our defense is in the top two.

GOOD LUCK BRONCOS!

our strength of schedule really hurts our rankings the most.

these are just rankings.... but looking at them you can see why no one is picking us to win.

It will be interesting to see how they change if we were to win on saturday.

But, that's why we gotta line up and play.  ;D

Rankings don't mean squat.  You've got some computer geek sitting in an office 1,000 miles away who's never played football in his life trying to crunch statistics for over 1,000 high school teams and put it in a database that will rank the teams based on what they've DONE.  Unfortunately, there's no way to account for what they will DO.  Hence, they line up on the field and play whoever is on the other side.  No one in high school is thinking about how high the other team is ranked.  Don't give me this tough schedule crap either...tough schedules only justify losses. 

Rankings don't mean squat.  You've got some computer geek sitting in an office 1,000 miles away who's never played football in his life trying to crunch statistics for over 1,000 high school teams and put it in a database that will rank the teams based on what they've DONE.  Unfortunately, there's no way to account for what they will DO.  Hence, they line up on the field and play whoever is on the other side.  No one in high school is thinking about how high the other team is ranked.  Don't give me this tough schedule crap either...tough schedules only justify losses. 

just throwing it out there...

I mentioned that's what the prognosticators are looking at.

Email today to Liltex from Jake Shaw:Quote-Thanks for the email and your readership.We have our game previews on the site today and you will see that I didn't write the Tivy/Dayton game this week.The writer picked Tivy,but that is definately one game we disagree on.I think Tivy will have a hard time w/Green/Dugat,but I also think Tivy will have trouble w/Tivy's offense.The best DEFENSE in my opinion will dictate the winner.    Jake {Texasfootball.com}chief editor Dave Campbell's Magazine

[/quote

Justifes losses and wins...

You guys put up good numbers on first year programs....TIVY puts em up on ranked 4A teams.

Dayton is an outstanding team...and they will be tested by a polished by fire TIVY team...

[/quote

Justifes losses and wins...

You guys put up good numbers on first year programs....TIVY puts em up on ranked 4A teams.

Dayton is an outstanding team...and they will be tested by a polished by fire TIVY team...

Wow, if you'd been at those games against the first year programs you would have seen the coaches take it easy on them.  The starters didn't play in the second half of either game.  Yes, the score could have been 84-0 in both cases.  They also put up 35 in the first half against Brenham in the Regional Final.  Last time I checked, Brenham has been around a little while.  Sorry but these coaches won't drop 70 on someone and humiliate them.  Dayton is going to score and the defense will be tough to score upon. 

I'm tired of hearing the we played this team and beat that team and it makes us more prepared...heard the same argument about USC before the USC-Oklahoma national championship game as well.  How'd that game go again? 

Fore;You guys will pick the feathers out of an old crow every day.That's alright I like it at least it's more fun than eating crow.Not very often a Bronco team gets a repeat shot at the semi's.Like I posted Broncos by 13 that is not a repeat score .38 to 25 antlers out.

If this guy played for Tivy in '87 and '88 he ought to know first hand what kind of ball is played down here.  Same story talking noise, averaging 80 points a game and then they met WO-S, left with 7 and 14 points respectively in '87 & '88.  But Tivy did have good fans and the players were well coached.  Should be a good game but I'll go with the Broncos.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder