Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy Semi Final Predictions?

Kerrville Tivy fans i've looked at film of ya team & there is nothing about yall's team that suprises me.. noone with blazing speed, same trick plays, no passing game, and an alright defense. I tell you one thing, those little screens, reverses and your running back trying to beat our defense outside will "NOT WORK"!!! Trust, we're gonna show you how a real team passes the ball.. AJ Dugat had two weeks of rest and will be out full force saturday @ 2 when kickoff comes..

No Passing game?...Its apparent that you are clueless.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is guaranteed...Tivy is gonna line up and HIT dayton in the mouth, even the pampered D-1 fellas. I hope you guys take these hill country boys lightly...

It fun reading different perspectives on how much better dayton is than Tivy and no one even knows where Tivy is?  Tivy played in one (if not the) toughest districts in the state(co-district champs) and battled Top 5A teams in the state (beat SA roosevelt, Wagner)

How tough is Daytons district?  Three first year programs from what I hear??

Please...dont hurt 'em too bad

One thing is guaranteed...Tivy is gonna line up and HIT dayton in the mouth, even the pampered D-1 fellas. I hope you guys take these hill country boys lightly...

It fun reading different perspectives on how much better dayton is than Tivy and no one even knows where Tivy is?  Tivy played in one (if not the) toughest districts in the state(co-district champs) and battled Top 5A teams in the state (beat SA roosevelt, Wagner)

Pampered??? AJ and Cody are both as tough as they come. I for one, never said dayton was better... never even made a prediction. Trust me, the ones that matter aren't taking tivy lightly. doesn't matter to me how tough your district is, you don't choose it and neither do we. Sounds like you may be the one doing the underestimating.

Nice scouting report... and that would be 2 first year schools.  They still won a tough region this and last year and don't think these D1 boys are pampered.  Doesn't matter the route either team has taken to get here, only matters who is the better team once they're here.  Still waiting on that scouting report.

PS - Dayton will hit you back.

so being from the hill country makes you tougher right. If you've ever been to dayton, you'd know it's pretty countryfied itself, so that one is a wash.  :D :D

Pampered??? AJ and Cody are both as tough as they come. I for one, never said dayton was better... never even made a prediction. Trust me, the ones that matter aren't taking tivy lightly. doesn't matter to me how tough your district is, you don't choose it and neither do we. Sounds like you may be the one doing the underestimating.

No sir...You guys have my TOTAL respect, you gained that last year.  You gotta be doin something right to get to the semis 2 years in a row..."pinche lake Travis".  I've seen both teams play, In my opinion...Tivy plays alot harder and seems to be a tougher team...but not more talented.  All I can forcast is a freakin hard fought, grudge match of a game.  If Tivy can stop Daytons offense a few times, Tivy has a great shot at playing for a state title, or not... thats why you play the game

so being from the hill country makes you tougher right. If you've ever been to dayton, you'd know it's pretty countryfied itself, so that one is a wash.  :D :D

Have you ever been to Kerrville...If you're 60 or under they call you a "punk kid".  The entire town is old people and their parents...Its a great place, much like dayton...Stayed in Dayton for a week...neat town.

Since we got all these Bronco fans up in here this morning, tell me what yall think about this. I'd like to see a little more of KJ (#4) this week. Every time that kid goes in, usually on passing situations, he either gets to QB or comes real close. That kid is strong and fast. Taking nothing away from the regular three, they definately do their jobs, but KJ is a pass rushing machine! I say put him in and tell him one thing: Go get him!!

KJ is speed, flat out fast and when he's in the QB is pressured. He is not an every down tackle like Jenkins or Edwards. IMO, which isn't worth much.

I agree, but putting him in to change the tempo every now and then can make a huge difference. I think they use him well.

Well said.

Man are you kiddin' there's actually things to do in Kerrville besides hit JOTB and Sonic!!:)  Wait, we're getting a waterpark...or maybe not?

Dayton plays hard man, some of their kids just make it look easy.  #21 will crack skulls.

The Defense gets after it...most of the time.  Its the offense that makes you guys good (sounds familiar).  It sure makes a week long when you're waiting for the game.

Man are you kiddin' there's actually things to do in Kerrville besides hit JOTB and Sonic!!:)  Wait, we're getting a waterpark...or maybe not?

Dayton plays hard man, some of their kids just make it look easy.  #21 will crack skulls.

The Defense gets after it...most of the time.  Its the offense that makes you guys good (sounds familiar).   It sure makes a week long when you're waiting for the game.

Common misconception.  It does make for a long week, but hump day's almost over.

Have you ever been to Kerrville...If you're 60 or under they call you a "punk kid".  The entire town is old people and their parents...Its a great place, much like dayton...Stayed in Dayton for a week...neat town.

:D "punk kid"

Familiar sounding stories that has been said through all of these playoff games about how the other team is gonna take it to Dayton,and all of them took it alright all the way to the basketball court.We have not had to play 4 full quarters yet so we do not know exactly how many points we can score but it will be enough in this game.Everyone else that has played us has tried there turn to slow us down but have not and I doubt it will be much differant as we will play to whatever you bring.

Ya know the closer we come to the game the more I am changing my schedule to accommodate a trip to Georgetown. I am simply taking all I know about both schools and I am throwing out the homer as much as I can, so in the end my money goes on AJ Dugat and Cody Green as the difference makers in this whole thing. Dayton 63- Tivy 49

Scouting Report on Kerrville Tivy: Screens, reverses, screens, shotgun option/read, screen, reverses, and a long pass down field, in which they don't have the speed to run fly routes against dayton.. the defense is pretty good w/ Prater anchoring the linebackers but still nobody in texas can matchup with AJ so double team him and we will smash mouth your arse.. Dayton is know for smashmouth football if you don't know!

Scouting Report on Kerrville Tivy: Screens, reverses, screens, shotgun option/read, screen, reverses, and a long pass down field, in which they don't have the speed to run fly routes against dayton.. the defense is pretty good w/ Prater anchoring the linebackers but still nobody in texas can matchup with AJ so double team him and we will smash mouth your arse.. Dayton is know for smashmouth football if you don't know!

Actually Prater is an LSU Tiger now, but your still right about A. J.

I typed in San Antonio Newspaper in ask.com;went to SA Gametime HS Sports-Clicked on stats and was writing Tivy stats when I lost my connection.Was able to get these:QB Colton Palmer(susp.2 games)Back up QB got injured a week or so back but had 13 td.passes in 3 games.Palmer 6'4"-205lbs.was 156 for 239 passing w/65.27 comp.ratio-16 td passes-6 int.ran for 300 yds.Recieving Logan Vick 5'10"-185lbs.-83 catches for 1,186 yds=8 tds.--Matt Ayala 5'8"-140 lbs.-had 53 catches for 731 yds.=11 tds.They match up well w/Dayton except Cody's rushing stats outnumber Colton's by a mile.They trow more than run or at least the stats show nearly 2 to 1.I think we may be a little better overall on the line both ways w/a little edge in speed as well.

Well, when you look at the final four teams and their records its obvious they are the four best teams left in the state(in their respected divisions).  With that being said it's really hard to pick the winner.  Of course I would love for Dayton to win it all and if they play like they did last week, SMASHMOUTH, then they should make school history. 

Newsflash I just located in the Sports section of the Fort Worth Star Telegram Newspaper;It has been decided that the winner of the Everman/Sulphur Springs-Dayton/Kerrville Tivy games will play each other saturday p.m. Dec.20th at Goergetown w/Dayton/Tivy getting the 1st look at the stadium.Great news for Dayton if we were to win there 1st.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder