Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy Semi Final Predictions?

Bad news for Kerrville, if they can't find a way to shut down both Cody and AJ.

Cody just keeps getting better every week.

He must have gained a 1/2 step on his speed over the week.

He had some amazing runs against Brenham.

If Kerrville puts more defensive people in the box to shut down the run, then AJ gets involved.

Double edge sword for the Kerrville defense.

Hopefully the Dayton defense can slow down the Tivy offense.

Should be an amazing game!

welp fellas!! seems you guys know nothing at all about Kerrville Tivy!!  where would you like me to start? Qb? Rb? wide outs? slot back? Linebackers? you name it we got it. our offense  averages close to 400 yds a game! If we can not get the passing game goin, well shoot we will just run it! our Rb avgs 135 a game, we have multiple weapons offensively. our defense is really young, ill give you that! but watching theses guys throughout the season puts you in a state of awe! with the dline maybe averaging  185 on a good day  they have held their ground! mind you not they did give up 69 points the second game or the season  to 5-a San Antonio Maddison.  but as the season progressed i dont believe anyone has  scored more than 30 points on us! so before you go on assuming!! there is something to think about!! Now please fill me in with Dayton! never heard of them and can  not find much on the  internet !  Good luck to both teams let it be injury free and  may God watch over all of as we are on  the roads to watch such a  great game!!!! TFND 77

Hey 77...

Just curious...

How many fans are yall averaging....

Looks like the Broncos will bring between 4 and 5,000 for the game.

Can't wait till Saturday!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerrville Tivy fans i've looked at film of ya team & there is nothing about yall's team that suprises me.. noone with blazing speed, same trick plays, no passing game, and an alright defense. I tell you one thing, those little screens, reverses and your running back trying to beat our defense outside will "NOT WORK"!!! Trust, we're gonna show you how a real team passes the ball.. AJ Dugat had two weeks of rest and will be out full force saturday @ 2 when kickoff comes..

Look for this game to be one of the best Bronco games ever.I know the offense can put up plenty of points on the Antlers,but the story is gonna be how the Dayton Defense stuffs those Antlers.We have beaten size and speed all year so why should we be intimidated by Tivy.This is our second back to back trip w/a coaching staff that has taken the Broncos to 13 straight playoff seasons.Broncos win this game by 13.13 seasons=13 point Dayton win.

I have been doing some homework on Tivy. I really, really dont want to seem over confident but I just dont see the bronco's punting on Saturday. Bronco's will score alot and Kerville will score a few.

77, You say you have never heard of Dayton? Check the record books last year and see who was playing in this same round. Its just going to be a different outcome this year.

All year long I have felt that nobody could beat Dayton in good weather. Tivy has a small D-line. Cody is a big boy to bring down. If they double AJ then Cody is gonna do what he did to Brenham. If they stack the middle then AJ is gonna do whatever he wants. Its gonna be a shootout but Dayton has alot more bullets.

I was reading another site earlier and they are already saying that Everman is ready for Dayton. I just hope that "we" and "they" are not looking too far into the future. We gotta keep this one game at a time and take care of bizzzzznasssss.

Jake Shaw's bunch will have something to say probably tommorrow.So far Dayton has held up their end by winning bigger than they were picked.I see those 4 sportswriters of which 3 of4 picked Tivy over Dayton in the Semi's.to crawfish(backup)a little and side w/the Broncos for this one.If Dayton comes out like last week it will be a trip for Tivy to the roundball game.I am still convinced we have not seen the Broncos at their very best.I believe we can put up over 50 at anytime playing 4 full qtrs.which we have not done in a very long time,especially these playoffs we have shut down the offense early in every single game and this week I hope is the 4 full qtr.game is in the plan.

Kerrville has a very flashy offense with the screens & reverses but our defense is hella fast! They run some of the plays we run, so its nothing that dayton hasn't seen before because they see it everyday in practice.. Nobody, i mean nobody has been able to run sideline to sideline w/ dayton this year, so speed isn't a issue.. LMAO with them running those comeback screens, i look for #21 Dylan Bethea to have another big hit like he did against Brenham's QB! Dayton's defense is very sound with cutbacks and outside contain so they'll be looking for the Reverses to #1..  Lets Get It Broncos*

I remember going into last years Semifinal very confident as a fan. I was confident that we could keep up with Lake Travis scoring and that our defense could slow them down. Needless to say that didn't happen, speaking from a fan perspective is all most of us can do. But, from a fan perspective I just want our boys take it serious and I believe they are because of the sour taste in their mouth from last year. I look for the Broncos to play one of their best games ever on Saturday. If we come out on the short side then Tivy is just that good, but I feel like they will have to be perfect to beat us. Just my opinion.

whoa! did not mean to step on anyones toes! just no Kerrville people had , made any comments so i did.  we should have about the same amount of fans there if not a little more. Not doubting that yall have great running backs, and a great team. from my stand point we have faced some pretty tuff teams this year and done really well  against them. we  come from one of the toughest districts in the state 27 4-A and we ended up in a three way tie for first!  so before any of us goin counting our chickens here lets be good sports and wish the best of luck to both teams, the have busted their butts to get where they are! Unfortunately one of us has to lose.... who ever that may be, they have had a hell of a season!!!  TFND! TIVY FIGHT NEVER DIES!!! ANTLERS 08

I remember going into last years Semifinal very confident as a fan. I was confident that we could keep up with Lake Travis scoring and that our defense could slow them down. Needless to say that didn't happen, speaking from a fan perspective is all most of us can do. But, from a fan perspective I just want our boys take it serious and I believe they are because of the sour taste in their mouth from last year. I look for the Broncos to play one of their best games ever on Saturday. If we come out on the short side then Tivy is just that good, but I feel like they will have to be perfect to beat us. Just my opinion.

Sometimes other people just say it better than you can

echo.

whoa! did not mean to step on anyones toes! just no Kerrville people had , made any comments so i did.  we should have about the same amount of fans there if not a little more. Not doubting that yall have great running backs, and a great team. from my stand point we have faced some pretty tuff teams this year and done really well  against them. we  come from one of the toughest districts in the state 27 4-A and we ended up in a three way tie for first!  so before any of us goin counting our chickens here lets be good sports and wish the best of luck to both teams, the have busted their butts to get where they are! Unfortunately one of us has to lose.... who ever that may be, they have had a heck of a season!!!  TFND! TIVY FIGHT NEVER DIES!!! ANTLERS 08

You didn't step on anyone's toes...this is what we do on this board.  We're all actually waiting for you to come back and tell us we have no chance!

whoa! did not mean to step on anyones toes! just no Kerrville people had , made any comments so i did.  we should have about the same amount of fans there if not a little more. Not doubting that yall have great running backs, and a great team. from my stand point we have faced some pretty tuff teams this year and done really well  against them. we  come from one of the toughest districts in the state 27 4-A and we ended up in a three way tie for first!  so before any of us goin counting our chickens here lets be good sports and wish the best of luck to both teams, the have busted their butts to get where they are! Unfortunately one of us has to lose.... who ever that may be, they have had a heck of a season!!!  TFND! TIVY FIGHT NEVER DIES!!! ANTLERS 08

most of the fans have been respectful and realistic... although, there are a few that  predict blowouts, etc.

I am definitely not overconfident (not that it matters what I am), and I expect a close game.

Good luck to both. We seem to match up well with each other... should be a great one!

Well spoken Bronco1. Tivy is no Lake Travis, but they are a very good team who deserves to be there. The Broncos also deserve it. I also look for a well played game by both teams and coaches. From this fans perspective, you gotta believe that sour taste you referred to is still lingering in coach Stewarts mouth also. Same situation (semifinals), similar opponent. You reckon Mr. Stewart learned anything last year? I do. He's too good a coach not to. I believe we will all witness one of his best games as well. If Tivy is too tough to stop, then so be it. But you better believe it won't because the Dayton coaching staff didn't do their homework!

No offense here either...It is hard to get real information on teams and sometimes stats are deceiving. Can't wait till Saturday.

Since we got all these Bronco fans up in here this morning, tell me what yall think about this. I'd like to see a little more of KJ (#4) this week. Every time that kid goes in, usually on passing situations, he either gets to QB or comes real close. That kid is strong and fast. Taking nothing away from the regular three, they definately do their jobs, but KJ is a pass rushing machine! I say put him in and tell him one thing: Go get him!!

I made my prediction Dayton by 13 take it for what you want.You can post your prediction too as it means you Believe.What happens-happens,we do not effect what happens on the field,the players decide that.I like this excitement and I won't be a fan to place blame on a bad call or two as it can go both ways.Both teams are good but one will lose sat.evening in Georgetown and I will be there early to root for the Broncos till the end to witness one of Dayton Bronco Football greatest games in their history and that will be a acomplishment to the players and coaches for all their hard work and early circumstances they have overcome.Hope to see some succeed at the next level.Go Broncos- 2 time semi-finalists back to back 07-08

You know Stewart will have something up his sleeve...wouldn't surprise me if he went to that blitz package he used against Nederland last year that had them all turned around.

Yea I kinda figured he has a surprise or two. Then again, he always says he just has to get a feel for the game. If the tried and true aint broke, don't fix it!

Since we got all these Bronco fans up in here this morning, tell me what yall think about this. I'd like to see a little more of KJ (#4) this week. Every time that kid goes in, usually on passing situations, he either gets to QB or comes real close. That kid is strong and fast. Taking nothing away from the regular three, they definately do their jobs, but KJ is a pass rushing machine! I say put him in and tell him one thing: Go get him!!

KJ is speed, flat out fast and when he's in the QB is pressured. He is not an every down tackle like Jenkins or Edwards. IMO, which isn't worth much.

KJ is speed, flat out fast and when he's in the QB is pressured. He is not an every down tackle like Jenkins or Edwards. IMO, which isn't worth much.

I agree, but putting him in to change the tempo every now and then can make a huge difference. I think they use him well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder